• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine use

T86

Greenlighter
I’m new to posting, so here goes.

Cocaine users. I want to know if I can shoot up and sleep that night? I know meth very well but coke is quite new to me. Other than that; I assume that coke is like meth just shorter lasting.

I'm far from an expert on IV cocaine use, but I would imagine you would be able to get to sleep after about 3 hours. The half life elimination of IV cocaine is 78 minutes according to this study.

However, a lot of cocaine, especially in the US, is cut with things like amphetamines which last much longer and may prevent you from sleeping for much much longer. Something to be very aware of.

We've got some IV cocaine aficionados here somewhere..

Welcome to BL.

As Snafu of the Forest pointed out. It really comes down to purity. Cocaine being cut with other stimulants isn't uncommon. Most other stimulants remain active for at least several hours. If it's heavily cut with something like Caffeine or Ephedrine, then these probably won't keep you awake after the Cocaine element wears off. If it's cut with something more potent like Amphetamines or Methylphenidate, then you're more likely to remain awake for at least several hours after the Cocaine wears off, which is usually 30-40 minutes with a 60-80 minute half life.