• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Cocaine and Severe clenched mouth/jaw and twitching/strange muscular movements of upper body and neck

Gigi1617

Greenlighter
Hi
Just a bit about my background before I ask the question, I’m 43, was a casual drug user of coke/pills “socially acceptable” drugs from ages 21-31 until I got addicted to ice for about five years and been clean from ice for about 5 years!
now and again I like to have some coke with friends/husband but the most bizarre thing happens to my mouth and muscles around my mouth that’s it makes it impossible for me to do it in public! So I have a line and 25 min after my mouth literally looks like I have paralysis or a stroke and I also slur my words! This is all temporary and sometimes lasts an hour sometimes last the duration of using the coke? Is this nerve damage fromy drug abuse days, is there anything I can do so I can socially enjoy a few lines with friends or are my drug days over!

I forgot to mention I get bad twitching as well... so weird!

Last edited:
is there anything I can do so I can socially enjoy a few lines with friends or are my drug days over!

Apparently taking a good dose of magnesium supplements is good for this problem. Well, it is for teeth grinding which is probably the same issue.

Apparently taking a good dose of magnesium supplements is good for this problem. Well, it is for teeth grinding which is probably the same issue.
Yes I have read that on here before maybe my heading isn’t specific enough, I literally look and sound like I have paralysis/stroke temporarily! Thank you for your reply! Wondering how much magnesium and which type?

There are pure magnesium supplements - I've been advised 2000 mg a few hours before tripping on MDMA.
Have tried this before but not sure of the dose, will try on my next adventure day! Thank you 😀

My mate used to punch people in their jaw if they had jaw clench and believe it or not it worked.

Last edited:
Im telling you mate you just need a little sucker punch to click your jaw back into place ask someone to do it when your not expecting it

Im not joking you know but i understand if someone told me i could cure my jaw clench with a well aimed jab i would be sceptical but you know what they say.

That

That’s really what I dread hearing as it’s so much fun, but after those few years of ice use it’s really just not been the same

It's funny - I went the other way. Was mad for coke for years but then discovered meth and never looked back.

It's funny - I went the other way. Was mad for coke for years but then discovered meth and never looked back.
Don’t get me wrong, I love meth, but for the sake of my kids and my life I had to get off, went to rehab x3 times and kicked the habit have done it twice in the last year but it’s not something I can do often as recreational use soon turns to regular soon turns daily then boom I’m back to crazy psychosis and thinking my phone, house, everything is bugged... don’t want that life anymore, besides the comedowns are sooooo bad for me these days!!
So yes I force myself to enjoy coke again as it’s a “socially acceptable” drug, but really doesn’t agree with me!

It’s so weird you mention this now, a mate of mine gets the bizarre muscular ‘twitch’ from any kind of anti psychotic or anxiety med.
He can’t take any of them without it happening til the drug wears off which can be 8 or more hours.

And after a long stretch of using phenergan (anti histamine) for sleep, along with a few other bizarre side effects I now get the ‘twitches’ if I try to use any anti histamine brand at all.

We were only talking about it the other night. While he says it’s always happened to him when he tries anti psychotics (he’s a heavy drug user, mostly downers but isn’t too fussy) I only found the side effect after taking way too many over a long period.

No clue wtf causes it.

you know what would help with the muscle movements, is salt that can also occur from a lack of electrolytes, happens to me when i don't have enough salt when i'm smoking coke.

It’s so weird you mention this now, a mate of mine gets the bizarre muscular ‘twitch’ from any kind of anti psychotic or anxiety med.
He can’t take any of them without it happening til the drug wears off which can be 8 or more hours.

And after a long stretch of using phenergan (anti histamine) for sleep, along with a few other bizarre side effects I now get the ‘twitches’ if I try to use any anti histamine brand at all.

We were only talking about it the other night. While he says it’s always happened to him when he tries anti psychotics (he’s a heavy drug user, mostly downers but isn’t too fussy) I only found the side effect after taking way too many over a long period.

No clue wtf causes it.
I’m sure I’ve seen this before with anti psychotic meds.... never with anti histamine) I just think my nervous system has been affected and this is now me on drugs?

you know what would help with the muscle movements, is salt that can also occur from a lack of electrolytes, happens to me when i don't have enough salt when i'm smoking coke.
I’ll def give this a go too! Next party night I’ll be loaded with magnesium and Gatorade

I’m sure I’ve seen this before with anti psychotic meds.... never with anti histamine) I just think my nervous system has been affected and this is now me on drugs?

Would be shit if that’s the case, as it’s irreversible isn’t it?
I’ve seen some shockers who’ve melted their nervous system entirely thru heavy drug use and it looks like it would be unbearable to have to live with.
Hope you’re considering laying off the stuff if you think that’s where it’s heading?