• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Coca leaves have no effect?

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Recently I acquired a bag containing 40g dried coca leaves. Anxiously awaited to try them but the results were absolutely none. As it's sold as 'mate de coca' and cause the leaves are dry, I made a tea of 2 tablespoons of leaves. The first strange thing was that the water remained absolutely clear, and had no taste. Then I took the now soft leaves and chewed for 1-2 min, then swallowed them. Again: Nothing.
Next time I took the double amount leaves, same result.

How is this tea supposed to be prepared? Or are the leaves bunk? Do I need more?

Recently I acquired a bag containing 40g dried coca leaves. Anxiously awaited to try them but the results were absolutely none. As it's sold as 'mate de coca' and cause the leaves are dry, I made a tea of 2 tablespoons of leaves. The first strange thing was that the water remained absolutely clear, and had no taste. Then I took the now soft leaves and chewed for 1-2 min, then swallowed them. Again: Nothing.

How is this tea supposed to be prepared? Or are the leaves bunk? Do I need more?
As I know natives chew them mostly fresh.May be in the proc ss of drying herb loose his potency.Indeed ingested fresh herbs or mushrooms always seems better.I hope that there will have some effects from this leafes.

You don't swallow the leaves 🤦lol. You make a ball of leaves in ur mouth and chew em for a long time, 40 mins to an hr, that act Is calling chacchar in spanish. Erm, tbh it's kinda like taking a coffee the fx or even more mild. It just numbs ur mouth a lil and gives u a boost of energy. Don't expect for it to give you the euphoria of doing a bump of quality yayo coz that's never gonna happen.

Use some sort soda -Na2Co3 and moisture your mouth.This made mucosal absorbtion more effective.

As I know natives chew them mostly fresh.May be in the proc ss of drying herb loose his potency.Indeed ingested fresh herbs or mushrooms always seems better.I hope that there will have some effects from this leafes.
There's no lost of potency or difference. Chewing coca is a very mild stimulation, very subtle.

Yeah I know that coca leaves, even when fresh, are nothing like cocaine. I was just interested in trying them and cause I read here that some people use them as replacement for coffee, which is something I'd like to have. A slight energy boost without the jitteryness of coffee. Ok, then I need to chew them for much more time. There was no numbing at all, and I thought that swallowing would release at least some of the alkaloids.

I am sure.Similar to chewing khat in East Africa or Yemen.Mild,but nice stimulation

How dry are they?, you tried grinding them down and smoking them in a joint?

I agree with the pinch of baking soda along with the chewed leaves held in the cheek. That always seemed to speed up the numbness and over all effect.......I think

I had a period where I would have my morning poppy tea, then use coca quids held in my cheeks and clean my house. Sort of an herbal speed ball.

I agree with the pinch of baking soda along with the chewed leaves held in the cheek. That always seemed to speed up the numbness and over all effect.......I think
Yeah, the baking soda was it. Now chewing numbs the mouth and I feel slight stimulation..

How dry are they?, you tried grinding them down and smoking them in a joint?
Completely dry as tea is ... I think the amount necessary is too big for smoking, and don't know whether the alkaloids resist the heat - did you smoke coca? How was the effect compared to chewing?

Yeah, the baking soda was it. Now chewing numbs the mouth and I feel slight stimulation..

Completely dry as tea is ... I think the amount necessary is too big for smoking, and don't know whether the alkaloids resist the heat - did you smoke coca? How was the effect compared to chewing?
Nah I never smoked it, but when you mentioned it was dry I was just interested as smoking it would almost definitely be the first thing I'd be trying with it.

I am sure.Similar to chewing khat in East Africa or Yemen.Mild,but nice stimulation
Khat chewing is in no way mild, they do use fresh leaves though.

Its a very recreational stim, Cathinone, unlike dried Coca leaves.

Some kind of stim.I would like to chew khat or coca,if i have.Kratom can be chewed also like locals

I had good and bad batches of the same brand of coca delisse.

I think the bad batch was decocainized. Which is the case the last time I looked for any hojas or delisse online. The US wants nothing to do with having it here and goes so far as to make sure the ones you do get are decocainized.

I've had success making tea instead of chewing and I prefer to drink it anyway. It's a bit of a waste but you don't have to wait chewing nasty leaves either.

What I'd do is take all 40 grams of those leaves and steep them for an hour on low heat. It would be enough for one or two doses. Stimulation is slightly more powerful than coffee but has a "cleaner" feel to it. Feels good man.

I've had success making tea instead of chewing and I prefer to drink it anyway. It's a bit of a waste but you don't have to wait chewing nasty leaves either.

What I'd do is take all 40 grams of those leaves and steep them for an hour on low heat. It would be enough for one or two doses. Stimulation is slightly more powerful than coffee but has a "cleaner" feel to it. Feels good man.
Ok, so these 40g are less than I expected. I am/was chewing leaves now, they themselves don't taste so bad but the baking soda is weird. Still, Kava Kava is worse for me.
Does your tea get colored, like usual e.g. green/black tea where the water turns yellow-brown-ish? I tried tea without success, now for chewing I put the leaves into water, wait a few mins and chew them. Have very little taste. So there's some alkaloids in the water? Based on the amounts I am using to chew (maybe 5g), there seems to be quite some loss in tea. But the effects are also very slight but more than placebo because first time without baking soda I expected more and got nothing.

What quantity do you buy, and from which country, Peru? I wonder whether there's cheaper options available (of course, we can't discuss this in detail unfortunately).

Ok, so these 40g are less than I expected. I am/was chewing leaves now, they themselves don't taste so bad but the baking soda is weird. Still, Kava Kava is worse for me.
Does your tea get colored, like usual e.g. green/black tea where the water turns yellow-brown-ish? I tried tea without success, now for chewing I put the leaves into water, wait a few mins and chew them. Have very little taste. So there's some alkaloids in the water? Based on the amounts I am using to chew (maybe 5g), there seems to be quite some loss in tea. But the effects are also very slight but more than placebo because first time without baking soda I expected more and got nothing.

What quantity do you buy, and from which country, Peru? I wonder whether there's cheaper options available (of course, we can't discuss this in detail unfortunately).
Yes, 40 grams of mate de coca is only one or two doses of tea for me. I don't remember the brand, but I'm certain it originated from somewhere in S America.

I wouldn't attempt to drink anything less than 20 grams if I was looking for stimulation. Of course the water turns a darker color but I might have added some lemon juice to help with extraction. I do remember I did a lot of "crushing" and squeezing (using a spoon) of the leaves into the water, as it was steeping. 40 grams of tea would be enough for me to have a nice buzz going the whole day but nothing more.

I would take the staple off a Lipton tea bag, empty tea, then put 5g coca delisse in and restaple. Steep for a long time.

If you have baking soda or powder, that in hot water might help the extraction.

They do make coca tea bags.

I would take the staple off a Lipton tea bag, empty tea, then put 5g coca delisse in and restaple. Steep for a long time.

If you have baking soda or powder, that in hot water might help the extraction.

They do make coca tea bags.
Yeah I had Delisse Mate de Coca before, was lying around so I tried it.. maybe I steeped for to little time, but it's also very little material in these bags (used 2) and I had no baking soda. Was just a normal tea.

Now I had leaves in cold(!) water for maybe 1h, the water turned black and delivers some slight but smooth stimulation. Like with all drugs, sublingual/buccal hits faster but also crashes faster while oral is more leveled.
I want a fresh coca plant but know they have difficulties growing them outside of its natural climate. Read that some cartel managed to grow in Mexico though.. would be interesting to grow a plant indoor..