• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction CNS/Respitory depression question

Yes you can get respiratory depression with bupe in your system. Just don't add a benzo or more drugs
How do they give comfort meds then?
What can they use, benzos for anxiety and what about half a long acting weak one

Morphine withdrawal is more severe, I was told benzo, gabapentin and clonidine

How do they give comfort meds then?
What can they use, benzos for anxiety and what about half a long acting weak one
In a medical setting they can dose you up to the max, I was given three drugs simultaneously whilst in detox, each one known to cause respiratory depression. However I don't think the OP is in a medical setting.

If they think they are in respiratory depression benzos would make it worse
He took oxycodone with the withdraw from 1 MG a day, splint into two and he was not on fentanyl, heroin of hydromorphone or dilauded and not IV and did he use benzos before, if not addiction doesn't happen in a week or two plus bupes have low respiratory issues.

Then took oxycodone and that is bad but also if not use to benzos, it takes more than a week or two for addiction especially if long acting in small dose

He took oxycodone with the withdraw from 1 MG a day, splint into two and he was not on fentanyl, heroin of hydromorphone or dilauded and not IV and did he use benzos before, if not addiction doesn't happen in a week or two plus bupes have low respiratory issues.
We are not doctors and the post was about them thinking they were in respiratory depression so no i wouldn't advise benzos to someone thinking they are overdosing

1mg of bupe withdrawal isn't that bad and on no other opiods, what is issue

Last edited:
We are not doctors and the post was about them thinking they were in respiratory depression so no i wouldn't advise benzos to someone thinking they are overdosing
He took oxycodone 30 MG in a day in withdrawals that caused respiratory issues

Oxycodone and bube withdrawal is bad, but what else, ok try just gabapentin no opiods

If no detox and wants off 1mg of bupes, no opiods, just gabapentin and maybe try have a temezepam I think he has some. they are weak compared to most other benzos
His issue is opiods when in withdrawal from bupes, is that not harm reduction?

When in dire situations it is best to ask for proper and credentialed medical advice . . .

and just to veer on the side of being safe first and for the best result and concerns of

.. . . respiratory conditions then !!!!

Please Always Be Careful.

qualified medical advice can be significant and most likely helpful

He can't go to detox he is in New Zealand and has to wait a month to talk to someone