• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Closed Eyed Visuals

DOHP said:
Mescaline and 2C-B mimic dopamine in structure, Psilocin & Psilocybin mimic Serotonin in structure (a few examples)

And yes Ptah, perception is reality and it could be different for everyone.

That may well be the case, but they don't act as DA agonists. they're all 5-HT2A agonists... LSD is one of the real exceptions here (it DOES have appreciable DA activity, which may explain some of it's oddities.)
I find the visuals produced by LSD and phenethylamines to be highly geometrical and structured. High incidences of spirals and circle-based mirror fractals. These really appeal to me.
Most tryptamines I find to be more chaotic, like i'm flying through a rainbow soup of amazing complexity (the deeper you look into it, the more detail becomes apparent).
5-MeO-DMT, the one time i've had it, was in it's own class altogether. I remember there being a sort of mixture of both types above, except rediculously speeded up and intense, I WAS the visuals, being transformed and ripped apart and such. I don't remember all to much of them though, I was far too busy being in awe of and submitting to that molecule trying to download the universe into my brain over a few milliseconds, haha ;) .
DMT i've yet to try in a decent dose.

actually I see CEVs with my eyes closed. Or Open overlayed on top of everything. I believe you are describing Synesthesia with the Imagined ones that are more "in your head"

CEVs I get are Beautiful Impossible Geometrys, Patterns that take on an almost 3d architectural edge. They are very colorful, colors surge through the patterns with a flowing force. The patterns stay the same, move a little, but color floods through them, leaves, and another color. Meanwhile, other parts of the pattern have other colors doing the same.

Its just awesome, the favorite part of the experience to me.

I have to describe this one time when I took acid (sorry, off topic somewhat_ <grin>)
This was off a single hit of blotter, it was a grinning snowman print, he looked somewhat malevolent... or maybe mischevious fits better. Yeah, mischevious.

Anyway, this time was special because I got CEV-intensity AND type visuals... but open eye. And despite the UTTER CHAOS of them, my head felt absolutely clear and non-confused. It was rediculosly awesome. It was like my brain had found the gain control for the visual & other sense neurons and left everything else alone.
The world was transformed, the ground was dissolving beneath my feet into starscapes, flying through space and time, from the massive scale (universe) to microscopic, flying into protein structures, into the insides of atoms even, bona-fide hallucinations of abstract associative concepts that my brain would manifest into existence when I thought of a concept (like "orange" would manifest orange trees, i'd taste juicy oranges in my mouth, smell the scent of a freshly cut orange, along with all the other things ornage is associated with like cars, emotions, etc (and all ot their linked concepts, too), and then i'd remember an occasion of eating oranges in the sun sometime and how happy that made me feel and I felt just pure warmth, love and happiness overflowing out of me)
So yeah, pretty much the most intense sort of CEVs i've got but in OEV flavor, haha.

Ptah said:
Keep in mind that you don't "see" CEV's with your eyes so it's really nothing like watching youtube movies...

Further down the rabbitt hole; keep in mind that you don't see ANYTHING with your eyes, but with your brain. I'd assume CEV's are still occurring in the visual cortex or sumthing

DOHP said:
x2

Drugs that are chemically similar to serotonin seem to be sharp and have a set layout to them. Whereas ones that mimic dopamine have a more 3D soft feel to them. IMO.

What the hell are you talking about? All 5HT2a agonists mimic serotonin in some way or another.

You should read FnB's ideas about the connection between PEAs and Trypts

Just to add to the discussion from a different perspective, I get vivid CEV's (no OEV's) from cannabis use, and I smoke daily... Also, I do consider cannabis a psychedelic, just different and not usually as intense as, say, LSD obviously. I've done mushrooms once and that may have changed things, as this didn't start happening until after that experience. Its hard to explain. It can be stereotypical "trippy" patterns or it can be the most alien collage of people, places, cartoonish beings, etc. Usually just very strange and vivid, detailed scenes of a cartoonish nature.

Try smoking some cannibis and meditating. Then lay down and listen to some good music that moves you. I used to love listening to music with headphones on while tripping. Music and buds always brought the CEVs out really well.

I think CEVs for me are more like visualizations than visuals.
I don't see things on my eyelids,
but i feel like i view things with my minds eye.

^ It sounds like you have never seen classic CEV. They are patterns overlayed on the back of your eyelids, just like you see the grass. Except your eyes are closed and they are incredibly detailed patterns, not grass.

They generally occur in all their brilliance during higher doses.

I believe the brain is sending junk signals to the visual centers of the brain, and the brain sees patterns. They are there and its not in the minds eye, or imagination. They are as real as looking at the pattern on a beautiful rug or curtain, just behind closed eyes.

But these types of patterns only occur with the use of 5ht2a psychedelics, marijuana does not do it, nor does anticholinergics.

another fun question to think about: why do people jumble the visual brain signals the way they do (which produces their own distinct visual patterning/geometry/imagery)? What kind of personality and mind sees what patterns?

^I think a good question could be as to why are similar patterns/hallucinations shared by people? How could you measure thkings like "personality" and "mind"?

Yeah - i'd like to see if there were mathematical formulae that could at least somewhat predict that patterning we see. Surely our brain has some sort of order+symmetry+edges detection mechanisms that behave in predictable ways.

Sidus said:
I have e a questions about CEV's. I can't seem to get them! Or maybe it's just that I don't recognize them.....

What do they look like?
How will I get them?:D

I found a video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLDIScSU4Q). Is it something like this?

Ive done Morning Glory (F.A.N.T.A.S.T.IC), HWBR (sucks), Mushrooms (Love it), Salvia (too scary) and of course sweet mary-jane!

Try mdma with weed and alcohol. That combo gave me very nice cev's ;)

Mushrooms and cannabis are good too for getting cev's.

MinneapolisAcid said:
I think CEVs for me are more like visualizations than visuals.
I don't see things on my eyelids,
but i feel like i view things with my minds eye.

I believe you are right.

I think in many ways I prefer CEV's to OEV's. I have found 4-aco-dmt to be my favourite for CEV's - highly colourful and always mystical/egytian/alice in wonderlandish

It's the CEVs that make me feel like "i'm home" on psychedelics. Also, I don't believe that everyone sees the same things. If there were a way to record it, I think everyone would have vastly different CEVs.

Oh and CEVs only tend to appear when you are relaxed and comfortable, ie. its rare to have them when on a bad trip (imo)

Here's an image of one of my CEV's on ket I made in photoshop.

ketcevcv0.jpg

go to the big and dandy thread, just posted a good picture of dmt cevs