• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Close call but never tried

kvsouth69

Bluelighter
I think I've tried just about every drug under the sun, but for some reason I never came across heroin (thank God). I know I would have tried it and become addicted. Bluelight has really educated me on the dangers of heroin, and I appreciate all of you who so shamelessly told your story knowing you would not be judged here. Reading all your stories, my heart goes out to you. I can related with other substances but not to the extent that heroin does to people. I do hope you eventually get past it and find a better reason for living. I've struggled myself putting drugs before people, and now that I am older, I am so sorry I did. I am trying to rectify that. But for those deep in the heroin battle, I pray that you find strength when you are ready to get out. Because I promise you'll experience a high like no heroin can ever give, and this high doesn't have a time limit. This is not preaching or judging, but from someone who was so far gone in other drugs and somehow turned my life aruond. Can't say I don't partake every now and then, but I have realized that Im tired of being a slave to a substance. Good luck to you all and please be careful.

Thank you for these kind words, and you are right you are very lucky you never got caught up in the heroin game. I could imagine this post doing some decent HR if people read it and take it to heart. Good luck with your relapses (if you are trying to be clean) if not then try not to get lost in the moments you partake. Good luck and stay safe.

I feel you.... Heroin is no high.... Experiencing beautiful music, a magical sunrise/set, or any other natural wonders our world has to offer is a high. Drugs just sedate and hold back a part of you allowing you to change. In my eyes there are no uppers and downers just antagonist and agonists with everything else in between while either action can lead to an up or down effect depending where and a persons individual body chemistry that while similar is never the same as another body even in identical twins. Heroin will lead to dependancy even with one use and can easily develop into addiction. You are correct in assuming you are lucky and smart to never have used this drug,.... Don't get me wrong either even morphine or codeine can cause the same issues just at a different rate so no one should fool themselves into considering an opiate safe to use.