• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc clonidine tapering/withrawal

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
iv been taking clonidine for the past 3 months to deal with methadone withdrawal 3 0.1 mg pills a day i noticed i have 0 energy and feel like shit still its my second time coming off methadone and when i look back i felt much better around the same time frame the differences is that this time around i was prescribed clonidine and gabapentin people iv asked seem to think its the clonidine that im taking which messes with my blood pressure

4 days ago i lowered the dose of both my clonidine and gabapentin by 1 but i was feeling bad before then so i dont think its due to lowering my doses im curious if this is way to fast and how long does clonidine wd usually last? tbh times money for me so if its a week thing ill deal with it and taper faster

i tried to google to find some info and all sites just tell you when withdrawals generally start but not how long they usually last

Good job on quitting methadone! That is no easy thing. I can't imagine clonidine withdrawal being that bad but hopefully somebody else who knows more about this will be more help. Good luck!

I took Clonidine regularly under supervision from a doctor. When my new doctor told me to stop he said break the 0.1 pills in half for a few days then go to every second day for a few days then stop. Time from deciding to quit to totally off them was 8 days. I did not notice anything and I was measuring my blood pressure every day.

The clonidine withdrawal is experienced as hypertension. But you can also get nervousness and shaking.

I took Clonidine regularly under supervision from a doctor. When my new doctor told me to stop he said break the 0.1 pills in half for a few days then go to every second day for a few days then stop. Time from deciding to quit to totally off them was 8 days. I did not notice anything and I was measuring my blood pressure every day.

The clonidine withdrawal is experienced as hypertension. But you can also get nervousness and shaking.

so your saying you were off it within 8 days from deciding to come off what was your dose? im down to taking one in the morning then one before bed

so your saying you were off it within 8 days from deciding to come off what was your dose? im down to taking one in the morning then one before bed

I was having a single 100ug pill nightly for about 2 years. And yes, it only took 8 days to come off it the way described above. If I were you I’d taper off either the Clonidine or the Gabapentin first. It’s too difficult to evaluate what withdrawal effects are caused by what if you discontinue two drugs together.

I was having a single 100ug pill nightly for about 2 years. And yes, it only took 8 days to come off it the way described above. If I were you I’d taper off either the Clonidine or the Gabapentin first. It’s too difficult to evaluate what withdrawal effects are caused by what if you discontinue two drugs together.
well the gabapentin is suppose t be reduced each dose over 7 days which would basically be 14 day im only taking 0.2 mg a day of clonidine so ive than ill discontinue the clonidine first i guess since i reduced my clonidine dose 5 days ago ill be able to just take 1 tomorrow and in a few days be done with it