• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine taper, tolerance, dose, etc

infraredz

Greenlighter
I've been taking clonidine 0.2mg twice a day for about two weeks for opiate withdrawal. I want to start to get off it so I don't end up with the rebound/withdrawal symptoms.

How long does it take to develop a 'tolerance' where you need to be careful about how you come off it? I am under the impression that rebound symptoms only occur after taking a *significant* dose (which is?) for around a month but I'd like some info/experience/help.

Thanks.

I've been taking clonidine 0.2mg twice a day for about two weeks for opiate withdrawal. I want to start to get off it so I don't end up with the rebound/withdrawal symptoms.

How long does it take to develop a 'tolerance' where you need to be careful about how you come off it? I am under the impression that rebound symptoms only occur after taking a *significant* dose (which is?) for around a month but I'd like some info/experience/help.

Thanks.

Anyone with experience with [coming off] clonidine? Please?

I've taken that dose for about 10 days maybe, when using it for kicking. It only took a couple of days to get back to normal. I just did 0.1mg a few nights then skipped one night, took it the next, then stopped.

He is worried about a large rise in blood pressure (hypertension) after coming off of clonidine.

I'm starting to worry about this too since I have insomnia from PAWS when I go to bed I take trazodone and .02mgs then when I wake up 4 hours later I take another .02 so I'm averaging ~.04mg - .05mg a night and I've been doing this for 3 days now but I'm going to do it until the insomnia leaves..

2 weeks you wont have any issue stopping CT from that amoutnh clondiint IMO.

I was on 0.4mg daily for 8months or so and I had crazy withdrawals. If you want mroe info PM me.. I will NEVER EVER take it that long wtihout tapering again.

Yes, I am interested in how you made it thru. I'm withdrawing from 12, .3 mg clonidine a day. I have tried to get off them before only to have vomiting and terrible blood pressure spikes.

How is clonidine measured? I have a box of the things here and am meant to be taking 4 x 2mg tablets or something like that, I don't understand the measurements, btw are they any good for opiate withdrawals?
Thanks my friends xxx :)

They're measured in micrograms - eg 100mcg/0.1mg. 2mg would be a huge dose.

It concerns me that you don't seem to know exactly what you're planning to do with them, or if you intend upon opiate wd. What is your plan? Have you discussed this in the recovery forums?