• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam tolerance (how getting rid of it?)

mroxidizer

Greenlighter
Hi, SWIM is new on this forum. (even SWIM =someone s not me, right? register before but without posting), salute everyone!
SWIM has been 2 years taking clonazepam, on daily basis, 6mg a day (3 times as my Doctor says), what I am doing is letting 2 days off, but when I back again on Clonazepam (I took beetwen 12 mg to 20 mg at once (please don't do it if you dont have tolerance like me).., still feel nothing. And I am talking ridiculous amount of clonazepam...
even taking 4 to 6 ambiens of 10 mg do nothing (maybe because act on the same spot on the brain)...
should I try to wear off clonazepam for lets say.. a week?? I miss the sensation that clonazepam gave me two years ago, very calm, not feeling druggy, just clear and secure...
Thanks!

Dont take any downers for a year. Thats hard to do tho, lol ;]

Someone is Me :D - Swim give you no protection at all, the site does not require you to use it and it's actively discouraged (dont use it).

Your addicted to a drug - you have to reduce the amount your taking if you wish your tolerance to drop.

Someone is Me :D - Swim give you no protection at all, the site does not require you to use it and it's actively discouraged (dont use it).

Your addicted to a drug - you have to reduce the amount your taking if you wish your tolerance to drop.

Thanks, regarding usin "SWIM, SWIF is not requiered? is ok... anyway, thanks for advice!!
I will try to wear it off to zero... :)=D

I take Xanax daily,which is in the same class of drugs as your clonazepam.I too miss the benzo high and have found over the years that what I have to do to get this again is abstain for a full 7 day week of no benzos whatsoever,using alcohol to combat the anxiety.I have been taking benzos for years(mainly Xanax,which is the one I'm prescribed)and the 7 day abstinance trick works every time,though I have to take ridiculous ammounts to get the desired high(20mg or so is a never fails dose after abstinance).Another thing you might try is breaking your pills in little pieces and dissolve them under your tongue.I get a much greater effect crushing Xanax up and sniffing them(most people on here disagree on the basis of everything from water insoubility to the Earth's gravitational pull but whatever,I've been doing this a long time and know what works for me).Clonazepam,though(at least in my experience)doesnt work like that for me because the minty coolness of the drug causes me to sneeze them right out.Keep in mind that after years of use,even with a week long abstinance,you will still require significantly more than your prescribed dose but that's no problem because you'll have a week's worth saved up.For best results I take it all as a single dose,just don't try going anywhere in public or you may end up doing something stupid that could result in injury or jail.Get everything you're going to need for the evening(cigarettes,food,booze,maybe a DVD or whatever)and spend a nice,relaxing evening at home.Good luck and happy tranquilizing.

Last edited:
i think you need to taper down to an extremely low dose and stay there until you feel completely comfortable. that should be an indication that if you increase your dose, the effect will also.

i don't recommended cold-turkey tolerance breaks. if you are to insist on it though you should look into an anti-convulsant.

homeless -> basic

I take Xanax daily,which is in the same class of drugs as your clonazepam.I too miss the benzo high and have found over the years that what I have to do to get this again is abstain for a full 7 day week of no benzos whatsoever,using alcohol to combat the anxiety.I have been taking benzos for years(mainly Xanax,which is the one I'm prescribed)and the 7 day abstinance trick works every time,though I have to take ridiculous ammounts to get the desired high(20mg or so is a never fails dose after abstinance).Another thing you might try is breaking your pills in little pieces and dissolve them under your tongue.I get a much greater effect crushing Xanax up and sniffing them(most people on here disagree on the basis of everything from water insoubility to the Earth's gravitational pull but whatever,I've been doing this a long time and know what works for me).Clonazepam,though(at least in my experience)doesnt work like that for me because the minty coolness of the drug causes me to sneeze them right out.Keep in mind that after years of use,even with a week long abstinance,you will still require significantly more than your prescribed dose but that's no problem because you'll have a week's worth saved up.For best results I take it all as a single dose,just don't try going anywhere in public or you may end up doing something stupid that could result in injury or jail.Get everything you're going to need for the evening(cigarettes,food,booze,maybe a DVD or whatever)and spend a nice,relaxing evening at home.Good luck and happy tranquilizing.

Thanks a lot! even has been years me using Clonazepam, I'm able to hang "cold turkey" for a week (i've done it for 2 or 3 days and doesn't affects me), the only thing that aware me is the "convuslsions stories".. anyway, i will try the 7 weeks off, I can do that, I know my body... I know cold Turkey is not recommended but i can manage that.
About sublingual, it works but, just made me feel drowsy (no the warm calm feeling it suppose benzos to do..) Thanks friend!

not only is it not recommended but it's dangerous. you could slip into delirium very very easily and when you're on that boat there's no helping yourself and there's no turning back. you'll end up in a hospital where you'll be again, administered benzodiazepines.

i've been on clonazepam for 8 years now so i know this benzo well. sometimes, with certain metabolisms, the withdrawal symptoms arrive extremely latent so one could theoretically go up to a week and dare i say more sometimes without feeling withdrawal. these drugs build up in our fat and take time to leave. especially when one is consuming such a large dose like 6 milligrams.

also worthy to note that in the post in you quoted this individual used alcohol to combat the withdrawals. alcohol is a like for like replacement and can easily suppress withdrawal symptoms.

at the very least you could do a quick short taper.

i highly advise you talk to your prescribing physician about your intent to cold-turkey clonazepam before you proceed.

not only is it not recommended but it's dangerous. you could slip into delirium very very easily and when you're on that boat there's no helping yourself and there's no turning back. you'll end up in a hospital where you'll be again, administered benzodiazepines.

i've been on clonazepam for 8 years now so i know this benzo well. sometimes, with certain metabolisms, the withdrawal symptoms arrive extremely latent so one could theoretically go up to a week and dare i say more sometimes without feeling withdrawal. these drugs build up in our fat and take time to leave. especially when one is consuming such a large dose like 6 milligrams.

also worthy to note that in the post in you quoted this individual used alcohol to combat the withdrawals. alcohol is a like for like replacement and can easily suppress withdrawal symptoms.

at the very least you could do a quick short taper.

i highly advise you talk to your prescribing physician about your intent to cold-turkey clonazepam before you proceed.

Thanks! This is my 3rd day off, I feel normal, just poor quality sleep, rebound insomnia (but I sleep at least 4 hours).. what Im going to do is taper it very quick, I' ll take 2mg at night, for two weeks then .5, then stop it... then use it just when I need it (that's what im looking for).. Thanks a lot for the advise.. I can manage the sympthoms, the only thing are those scary stories about convulsion so i will take at least the 2mg at night.. thanks:\

hey, any taper is a good taper. as long as i got you to do a taper at least i feel somewhat satisfied.

so what's the problem with taking something like carbamazepine or gabapentin.

people tend to think that benzo withdrawal is only delirium and generalized seizures but that's not really only the case. when your brain is overactive from withdrawal it just fries your brain slowly without you even noticing. frying your brain means frying your nervous system as well. this usually tends to cause nerve damage. again, these symptoms are usually not noticed by those withdrawing because they're caught in loops of anxiety and seizures. please remember that seizures can go unnoticed even if a person is sitting right next to you and you may have no idea it's happening either. that's brain damage. so brain damage plus nerve damage aren't the best just so you can get your tolerance down.

if it counts, in my experience, clonazepam is a subtle drug meant for generalized anxiety. i've had people take a 2 mg pill from my tub for the first time in their benzo in their life and not feel a thing. that's 2 milligrams for a completely benzo naive person. i also don't get anything out of clonazepam other than mild suppression of anxiety and withdrawal symptoms. it's almost like i take it just to make sure i don't go into withdrawal. there's no pleasure.

my personal experience aside, i guess i feel that way about most benzo's but this specific "i can't feel clonazepam" is something that's comes up more often than for any other one.

hope you do okay.

hey, any taper is a good taper. as long as i got you to do a taper at least i feel somewhat satisfied.

my personal experience aside, i guess i feel that way about most benzo's but this specific "i can't feel clonazepam" is something that's comes up more often than for any other one.

hope you do okay.

Thanks a lot!!.. still having tolerance, after 7 day of only taking 1-2 mg a day, i tried ( a mistake) take 6 mg to se what happens, and feel nothing.., so let's start over again! but i will... thank you..
pd.
I have a stash of (20) 2mg's of estazolam... i know is a benzo, i search on the internet, it says is just an hypnotic (not anti-anxiolotic).. could i use that for taper and quit the colonazepam thing for a quite time??

theoretically, you can use any benzo to taper. it's much easier though to use benzodiazepines with long half-lives. if you wish to use this benzo, find its equipotency to clonazepam and taper from there.

just remember that tolerance takes time to drop.

I could never get anything out of clonz. or any benzo really.
not to highjack the thread but not even tamazapam did it for ya? I don't get any kind of a high at all off benzos EXCEPT tamazapam. On klon right now, low dose strictly for anxiety .

it works, the 7 days off!!... after that I just tried with a 4mg dose, and I feel that sensation again, let's say... like "weed" but stronger (for me thc is weaker than any benzo), but I was clear, I can speak normally, move normally, just pure relaxation, and somehow a bit of euphoria, rare thing coming from a benzo (I have been on painkillers on the past and I know that euphoric feeling).. Clonazepam is a very good drug for anxiety, very sad that it only last 4-5 days until you start building tolerance again...

Well boss just like others say. Quit takkin em .. Ha its hard to do but find a different. Drug of choice ..or just take less u know .