• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam sublingual vs oral

royerlraph79

Bluelighter
Hello, I am currently on 1.5mg dose of clonazepam as needed and I would like to know what method is best to take the pills? Sublingual should act faster, but will it act stronger and will it last as long as orally? If it doesn't last as long, is it significant? I'm asking this because the benzo has less effect when I take it orally on full stomach.

Theres no difference other than quicker onset for sublingual so you get fucked up faster and stay as long fucked up as when taking orally (-10minutes).

Theres no difference other than quicker onset for sublingual so you get fucked up faster and stay as long fucked up as when taking orally (-10minutes).
Are you 100% sure? Do you have any sources or is it based on your own experience..? Thanks for you answer btw :)

I chew em. between my front teeth just enough to crack the pill into tiny pieces and swallow it with a drink immediately after. they taste like candy too. I love kpins... sublingual does kick in faster too. Parachuting it also works fast. all of them are similar to just swallowing the whole pill, except when u swallow it whole it takes a good while to really work. and when you sub'l, chew, or parachute them it works within 3-10 mins and lasts exactly the same amount of time as it would swallowing it whole.

Serum concentrations of clonazepam after intranasal, buccal and intravenous administration were compared in a cross-over study in seven healthy male volunteers. Each subject received a 1.0 mg dose of clonazepam intranasally and buccally and 0.5 mg intravenously. A Cmax of 6.3 +/- 1.0 ng ml-1 (mean; +/- s.d.) was measured 17.5 min (median) (range 15-20 min) after intranasal administration. A second peak (4.6 +/- 1.3 ng ml-1) caused by oral absorption was seen after 1.7 h (range 0.7-3.0 h).

After buccal administration a Cmax of 6.0 +/- 3.0 ng ml-1 was measured after 50 min (range 30-90 min) with a second peak of 6.5 +/- 2.5 ng ml-1 after 3.0 h (range 2.0-4.0 h).

Two minutes after i.v. injection of 0.5 mg clonazepam the serum concentration was 27 +/- 18 ng ml-1. It is concluded that intranasal clonazepam is an alternative to buccal administration. However, the Cmax of clonazepam after intranasal administration is not high enough to recommend the intranasal route as an alternative to intravenous injection.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365135/

So amount of drug in blood is intranasally 15-20 minutes after the dosing the same as buccal (~sublingual) 50 minutes after the dosing and compared to 1.7h to 3h for oral.

Intranasal however has less intense total effects than sublingual as the total peaks for intranasal were 10.9ng/ml compared to 12.5ng/ml for sublingual.

I use to chew some of the Klonopins and sublingual some. Then someone empties the bottle after knocking me out for few days.

So amount of drug in blood is intranasally 15-20 minutes after the dosing the same as buccal (~sublingual) 50 minutes after the dosing and compared to 1.7h to 3h for oral.

Intranasal however has less intense total effects than sublingual as the total peaks for intranasal were 10.9ng/ml compared to 12.5ng/ml for sublingual.

I use to chew some of the Klonopins and sublingual some. Then someone empties the bottle after knocking me out for few days.
Thanks for the answer! So, if I choose to take it sublingually rather than orally, the peak should be stronger and quicker, but will the duration of action of the pill last the same as orally?

Honestly for me if I took it buccal/sublingual/oral (chewed, parachuted, or whole) they all hit about the same and lasted the same and were mild at best-simply eased some anxiety. If I insufflated it then within five minutes it could stop a panic attack and was highly noticeable for that reason. Because of how light the drug is for me duration seemed the same regardless of ROA, as well as dose. As long as it was sufficient to stop anxiety (which was always less than 2mg) it didn't matter how many I took-I just didn't see the difference. I don't recommend taking massive doses by any means and I was pretty wreckless in that way using it predominantly to combine its minty freshness in my sinuses with other drugs. I am simply demonstrating that clonazepam is not a drug to get fucked up on. Solo I never got high on it. Personally only xanax of all the benzos I did had that ability.

I've been letting it dissolve under my tounge (1mgs) and it seems to be kicking in way faster

oh yeah for sure it's been lasting longer. I've been only down to 2 a day when I do it like that and the taste is not bad. pretty minty

oh yeah for sure it's been lasting longer. I've been only down to 2 a day when I do it like that and the taste is not bad. pretty minty
Yeah I know :) however, Xanax tastes like s**t xD did you also notice whether the effect was stronger or weaker? Or just the same?

omg, I know! I hate that taste of Xanax too! In my experience it was the same

They actually make klonopin that dissolves on your tongue.
I was prescribed those for early morning panic attacks.

I feel it within 20 minutes if I take it under my tongue opposed to an hour swallowing. It's way more convenient for panic attacks and anxiety in general.

Hi, I know there is a chance you and everybody in this post is long gone and dead, but I'll still ask, how tf did you calculate this concentration of clon in plasma? I can't get to where you got no matter how I bite it, please explain and teach me