• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Clonazepam and caffeine

Tcudi523

Greenlighter
Is there any adverse effects or anything regarding the effectiveness of the two taken together? Will one shut down the other or can they work in harmony.

I guess it depends partially upon what you want. I'm not aware of, and haven't experienced any adverse effects though.

I drink coffee quite excessively on benzos; you get the stimulation without the anxiety. It's not exactly going to feel like a line of speed, but it will definitely wake you up a bit. It can make the act of taking them a bit more productive.

P.s, this will probably be moved to the other drugs section. :)

Benzodiazepines like Clonazepam seem to be worthless while taking with coffee. The coffee seems to overpower it, depending on how much Clonazepam your on. Taking it with amphetamines is great. In that case, it smooths out the ( subjective ) side effects. I've only noticed benzodiazepine effects on low doses of caffeine. That's just me.

My experience with combining the two is similar to SK's. Caffeine can be surprisingly anxiogenic.

Benzodiazepines like Clonazepam seem to be worthless while taking with coffee. The coffee seems to overpower it, depending on how much Clonazepam your on. Taking it with amphetamines is great. In that case, it smooths out the ( subjective ) side effects. I've only noticed benzodiazepine effects on low doses of caffeine. That's just me.

I agree and have always responded the same way...I actually just kicked a 17 year coffee addiction!

Caffeine and benzos pretty much cancel each other out.
"Proper" stims, like amphetamines, phenidates, cathinones or cocaine synergize with them exceedingly well though. Not something I would recommend in hindsight though, since it's pretty easy to fall into the trap of compulsively redosing. Basically, the conversation in your head goes like:

Dopamine: "HEY, LET'S DO MORE DRUGS!!!"
GABA: "Eh, why not? Anybody want to have a little nap first?"
Noradrenaline: "Nah, we're good!!!"
Dopamine: "YAYYYY!!!"
GABA: "...wait, what was the question again? Eh, like, whatever... I'm a benzo - as if I'd ever say "no" to a questionable idea."

IMHO benzos and cafe is a safe and worthwile combo. These two substences synergise really well, but only in the right amounts. For example 100-150mg caffeine for every 0.5mg clonezapam.
Adjust these values according to your tolarence. Never take more than 1mg at once or 2mg per 24 hours, unless you like seizures. Beware clonezapam has a really long half life, so if you fuck up your dose, then you fucked up your day.

Be safe, know your drug, know your body.

If you don't tolerate caffeine too well, I don't see the harm in adding a downer. Just be careful with the dosing; benzo addiction can sneak up on you much quicker than you think. Perhaps try reducing the caffeine to the lowest effective dose first (it has a ceiling effect anyway, excessive amounts increase the side-effects more than anything else).

God I love kpins and caffeine! I get this awesome, yet subtle synergy! I drink dr. pepper and mountain dew all day long at work, while being on my kpin... it makes me talkative, a bit more energetic, but nowhere near as noticeable as my Adderall, makes me, which I am also scripted.. now that is one of my favorite combos ever, klonopin and Adderall.. also take subutex, everyday as well, I am prescribed all 3.. they all get altered once caffeine enters my system, and make for a wonderful feeling, most of the time at work and after work, into the evening as well.. it is very nice..

Yeah... I get super hyphy off of caffeine and kpin... subutex and Adderall, 20mg IRs is just icing on the cake! Fuck.. I don't know wtf I would ever do, if I were ever forced to switch to all different meds, due to a new doctor, which in the past has happened for better and for worse to me, with previous sub docs I went to. Some were eager to load me up with subs, benzos like kpins and valium, etc... and SSRIs, Z-drug sleep meds, like ambien, which I never did fill at the pharmacy.. as I already had so many things scripted to me, and also did other drugs on top of the subs and benzos at the time, and caffeine has always been a daily thing for me, since I can remember! I have always loved dr. pep., mountain dew, and Coca-Cola... as well as coca-caine lol.

I just love stimulants and benzos together... period.. even stims as weak as caffeine is, when compared to things like meth or cocaine, I love just as long as I have my kpin in my system.. otherwise, caffeine is the only stim I wll even think about taking, as it doesn't have a real "crash" or comedown, and my small 20mg a day dose of amphetamine, doesn't really fuck with me either like compared to cocaine comedowns, which are hell. fuck... I am so caffeinated up and amped the fuck out, as I took 2x my normal amp. dose today, so I am sppeeeeeeeeeeeeding... whewww. sorry for the long post.. again.. always do this shit.

I've never ever experienced anxiety from caffeine on an adequately effective dose of benzodiazepene (i.e 2mg xanax), because I was on a benzodiazepene. All anxiety is completely deleted.

The only thing that can do that to me is a powerful psychedelic riding through on a +3/+4.

I don’t agree with that completely.

I take Klonopin and drink a SHITLOAD of coffee and I still don’t get SOCIAL anxiety which I get off the Klonopin, so the Klonopin still totally shuts that down no matter how much coffee I drink, but my GENERALIZED anxiety is still through the roof even on Klonopin and more so than if I could quit coffee and NOT take the klonopin.

Problem is, I have tried over and over to quit coffee and my habit and OCD surrounding it is so bad that last time I had to give up on day TWELVE because I felt like I couldn’t stay awake and was HORRIBLY depressed.

IMO caffeine is fucking EVIL and I wish I’d never started.

But yes, the two DO have a negative interaction IMO and that of my last doctor who told me that the two were directly working at cross purposes.

Now this should not be an issue IF you aren’t like me and don’t drink like fucking 6-8 cups of coffee a day….one or two should be fine.

But if you can’t moderate caffeine like I can’t, you’ll find your anxiety to still be bad.

And the problem then becomes the cycle of taking more Klonopin for the caffeine anxiety, and then I get tired from the Klonopin so drink more coffee, and it’s an endless cycle to find my “sweet spot” and what’s more, BOTH negatively effect your sleep patterns.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I am fucking tired all the goddamn time.

I swear I am going to try to at least CUT DOWN on caffeine until I succeed, but it’s a REAL drug, and of all the drugs I’ve tried, the only one I’d tell myself not to do if I could go back in time would be caffeine.

So do they interact?

Yes.

Does Klonopin still work FOR ME to SOME extent on the caffeine?

Yes it still does, but everyone is different.