• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam + Alcohol

Akoto

Bluelighter
I take 2 mg of Clonazepam on a daily basis.

How much alcohol can I safely consume?

Safely? None. Do not mix, that's how people end up dead. Why not just take more kpin?

Safely? None. Do not mix, that's how people end up dead. Why not just take more kpin?

I've been drinking 4-6 tall cans a week since newyears. I only recently learned that this might be dangerous.

If you have a tolerance to alcohol or kpin then that's why you haven't noticed any bad effects having a few tall boys. When mixing two CNS depressants there is a fine line between being fine and death. I would say no more than 2-3drinks, it's impossible to say how much would be "safe".

What if I just took 1 mg on a night where I want to drink? (I can't take zero because I'm a little bit dependent)

Would that even matter considering the half-life of all the drug in my blood already?

I mixed alcohol and benzos 3 times and was hospitalized 2 of those times

there's no clear line like that. especially in someone tolerant like yourself. benzos make drinking even riskier. the compulsive nature of drinking increases while the distance between drinking and blackout behavior thins significantly. the combo is much more addictive than either substance alone. you'd have to be a heavy, heavy drinker or also using opiates before death by overdose really enters the picture. more likely death by car, water, police, heights, glass, etc. because you're out of your mind drunk.

that's in play constantly if you are a daily user. if you can't feel the benzos, they are still there ready to amplify the effects of alcohol.

Last edited:
I'm a pretty responsible drinker. I only ever go overboard on special occasions and it's never more than 12 drinks.

Its never been a problem (and I'm aware of it becoming a problem)

12 drinks im not a drinker but isnt that like 16 oz of vodka

12 drinks im not a drinker but isnt that like 16 oz of vodka

16 oz of vodka would be 16 drinks, and that really is my upper limit. even when i wasnt taking anything i could just squeeze 12 drinks into me.