• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Circumcision

Yes, it's the aggressive, almost accusatory tone used by some in this thread (most notably in earlier years, as this thread has been around for some time) that implies "how DARE you not consider yourself mutilated! You're part of the problem!", or otherwise attempts to convince adult men who are already circumcised that something horrible was done to them and they are not whole anymore, or that their parents are horrible people for doing it and I should be angry at them. It's one thing to condemn the practice (as I have come to - in fact this thread is the only reason I have really ever thought much about it), it's another to attempt to spread your own anger about it to those who don't have anger about it. If you have a complex about it, I'm sorry. I, however, do not, and I don't appreciate someone telling me I should. I also disagree that people who do it are doing out of malice, and I don't think it's fair to try to put that on them. I mean at least in the vast majority of cases it's simply a tradition - we can spread awareness about the lack of need or desire for the tradition without attacking those who unwittingly participate in it.

I probably wouldn't circumsize my children. However I am circumsized and glad my parants did chose to.
Seeing the pain a friend was in for a bit over two weeks makes me shiver (Needed to be circumsized at 32)

Yes, it's the aggressive, almost accusatory tone used by some in this thread (most notably in earlier years, as this thread has been around for some time) that implies "how DARE you not consider yourself mutilated! You're part of the problem!", or otherwise attempts to convince adult men who are already circumcised that something horrible was done to them and they are not whole anymore, or that their parents are horrible people for doing it and I should be angry at them. It's one thing to condemn the practice (as I have come to - in fact this thread is the only reason I have really ever thought much about it), it's another to attempt to spread your own anger about it to those who don't have anger about it. If you have a complex about it, I'm sorry. I, however, do not, and I don't appreciate someone telling me I should. I also disagree that people who do it are doing out of malice, and I don't think it's fair to try to put that on them. I mean at least in the vast majority of cases it's simply a tradition - we can spread awareness about the lack of need or desire for the tradition without attacking those who unwittingly participate in it.
Are you suggesting all those people who saying they consider what was done to them is a mutilation and abuse, should shut the fuck up because its been going on for ages?

I have heard no convincing medical reasons for the routine practice. I have heard no convincing reasons why a religion should retain it, why some other ritual that doesn't cause irreparable physical and psychological damage.

I dont hear anyone saying they prefer a raped woman because shes broken in. Nor can I imagine anyone suggesting she shuts the fuck up so as not to disturb the other victims who might then also be outraged at their poor treatment.

There must be deep, dark and complex reasons why so many men who experienced that trauma stay silent or argue in favor of it. Does that not only make it a more urgent concern and more appropriate that it be raised, so future generations don't incur more victims needlessly?

I can't believe that I am reading of people needing to get surgery when adults due to issues related to having a foreskin, like infections?
Apart from specific conditions (I think one it's phimosis) there is nothing that prevents men to pull back the foreskin to expose the glans completely to be clean.
The smell does not need to go away because it is never there, contrary to what I've read in this thread.
I dunno but I'm starting to think that some parents are unable to appropriately teach personal hygiene.

On another issue, I would think that it is unjustifiable that it is legal.
What if a parent asked a surgeon to cut off the lower half of the earlobes of his newborn?
Earlobes have no function and nothing in the baby's life is going to be diminished if you cut a piece off.
Still I'm pretty sure it would be illegal and the parent might face charges.
But yes, the foreskin is ok because it has been done to many many men in the past couple millennia, although there is no medical reason for it.
Nonsense.

If you don't it will look like an alien. If you do it too late you can't have any boners. Lidocaine stops all the pain receptors. It's a win/win.

If you don't it will look like an alien. If you do it too late you can't have any boners. Lidocaine stops all the pain receptors. It's a win/win.

Not sure I get what you mean, but did you just say that a natural cock looks like an alien?

If you don't it will look like an alien.

My body, my right?

Would you deny a woman access to an abortion if they sought one? If not, why would you deny someone the right to intact genitals? Isn't bodily autonomy the "in" thing these days? No?

I use this argument because it makes the most sense. You wouldn't cut the hood of a baby girls' clitoris off just because you disagree with the appearance.

Controlling people in this fashion is truly terribly fucked up and you should be ashamed of it. Body shaming people because they have natural genitals is also fucked up, and if you're pro-choice then you should consider yourself a true hypocrite.

If you support abortion rights, then you should fuck off with this pro-circumcision bullshit, because it will make you look like an insensitive idiot with selective morality.

I know someone that got snipped at 45. He said the shit would reek and fill up with crust and slime. Even after barely a few hours.

I would circumcise my son 100% at birth.

It’s bizarre the things people will focus on these days to give themselves victim status. We live in age sadly lacking in dignity, resilience and stoicism. Being a victim is the new mark of social status, no matter how tenuous the suffering.

The idea that a grown man would suffer lifelong psychological trauma for something that took 30 seconds when he was 3 days old is ludicrous.

A well adjusted man would miss his foreskin about as much as he’d miss his appendix.

When i was in boarding school, 95 % of the boys were cut. A good number of the remaining 5 % were desperate to lose theirs. They hated their parents for NOT circumcising them.

When i was in boarding school, 95 % of the boys were cut. A good number of the remaining 5 % were desperate to lose theirs. They hated their parents for NOT circumcising them.

Yeah, because of peer pressure. I bet once they hit puberty and started jerking off, they were happy to have their foreskin.

I agree though, the victim status thing is unfortunate, unless of course real damage was done. Most cut guys are perfectly functional, they're just reading too much about the subject and it's making them neurotic -- just like so many topics on the internet today. Over-awareness can be problematic.

Anyway, I'm gay and in the gay world there are definitely guys who require their partners to have foreskins. The feedback I've got is that they not only find them more attractive, but they don't know how to get a cut guy off without one. However, these guys are not a huge cohort. Most men are attracted to #1 size and #2 shape. I tend to be the same way. I've been rejected for being cut before and my reaction is usually to judge them for being so small minded. A former good friend was this way, but after some digging I found out that he was discriminated against for being uncut as a kid, so now his adult reaction is to hate cut people.

I'm demi-sexual though so I can't get turned on unless I like the entire person, body, mind and spirit. Most dicks are fine by me. I think I only encountered one in my life where I was like, nope, not touching that.

Honestly, the obsessive objectification of body parts in space is the real problem here. It's so materialistic.

Last edited:
It’s bizarre the things people will focus on these days to give themselves victim status. We live in age sadly lacking in dignity, resilience and stoicism. Being a victim is the new mark of social status, no matter how tenuous the suffering.

The idea that a grown man would suffer lifelong psychological trauma for something that took 30 seconds when he was 3 days old is ludicrous.

A well adjusted man would miss his foreskin about as much as he’d miss his appendix.

Things are changing mate, things are changing.

People are realising that's just as easy to keep your dick clean, and also realising that there are a lot of nerves meant for pleasure that are being stripped away. Sure, it might have been OK when you were young, but things have changed.

If it isn't your dick then it isn't your decision. I don't understand why that is just so fucking hard for you to understand...especially if you support abortion rights.

I would circumcise my son 100% at birth.

Her body her rights. His body his rights.

Ever smelled a woman's genitals? Yeah? Sure you have, you would have to have. Why aren't you advocating for trimming the labia of baby girls then?

All these arguments to support circumcision are just so fucking stupid and worn out, and I'm sick of reading them. It's 2020 for fucks sake, leave babies alone.

You know someone got circumcised in their 40s...well, so? I know a woman who had to have part of her labia removed because of an infection. Your point being? Another useless argument to defend infant genital mutilation?

Last edited: