Cigarettes...

I'll jump on the band wagon! Day 7 for me and going strong.
This tread convieniently took up the 10 minutes I would be outside sucking on a cigg freezing my ass off.
Every time i want a cig i just take a deep breath, ahhh so thats what it feels like when your lungs arent caked with shit :)
I'm also thinking of getting a swedish product called "snus" (snuff?), that's tobacco that you put under your lip. It's addictive, but it's so much healthier than smoking. Doctors even recommend it for people who can't quit otherwise.
parre.. stay away from snuff if you can, my dad has chewed that shit for years his mouth is in HORRIBLE shape, his teeth where the stuff sits are pretty decayed from whatever is in it. And his breath is 10x worse that smoker breath. My poor mom has to kiss that foul mouth hehe.
Big congrats to everyone involved in this thread!

^
yeah and I think you can still get lip/mouth cancer from chewing snuff.
Do a search for picture of people with lip/mouth/throat cancer. Truley horrifying, allot of pipe smokers get it.

I have not smoked a cigerette in 6 days. Saw my brothers pack of newports lying on the table yesterday, i wanted to ask him for one so bad but I didn't. Was with him all day while he smoked, I still didn't.
Its simple, it takes a man to quit smoking. It takes a man who is more powerful than a fucking cancer-stick. WE DO NOT NEED THAT SHIT. Cigerettes are for the weak, and I am NOT weak. I AM A FUCKING MAN.
<end rant>

Regarding the snuff... it's not the chewable stuff. You put it under your lip, and you don't chew it. Most people don't suffer too bad from it. A couple of years ago they even got to remove the "causes cancer" warnings, since there is no real scientific evidecne regarding it causing cancer.
I'm not saying that it's safe and not causing cancer, yet it is much much better than cigarettes. It's not the US chewable snuff. Still, I'm not sure, I have bad cravings for nicotine now, yet I don't bother to go out for a smoke, but if I had snus I'd most definately put one in. The question is if I can keep doing that and not get too addicted to it and start both smoking and using snuff..
Well, anyways, rant over.

grrrrrrrr well I smoked one last night ... my friend and I were quitting at the same time but we both gave in and took some from his brother last night around 9... it's 3pm today, hopefully I can make it this time

still clean, those little stupid cancer sticks aint got nothin!!!

once again good luck to all those quitting, its a fantastic step in the direction of good health!!
keep it up, you guys can beat it!! :)
CB :)

I had a fucking horrible dream last night---in the dream I was at a party and smoked a cigarette...(NO this didnt really happen I went to sleep early last night to get a good nights rest cuz im sick)...I woke up and felt so dirty just from the dream, I thought to myself, if I smoke now Ill feel even worse!!!
I felt what it was like to break my not-smoking streak and it felt horrible, like i lost all control (until I realized it was a dream)
every day is a better life, you can all do it too!!! :)
aim me: hydra927 if you need support, I shall help you, you can even call me if your going to smoke before you do it, and I will talk you down!
stay strong!
~adam

I'm still going strong too! :)
Just wondering how long until i stop coughing up stuff??? My throat feels more sore, and I cough sporadically and uncontrollably a couple times a day. I stopped three days ago and smoked an average of 8 12mg Cigarettes a day.
Anyone know? I've been trying to drink as much water as possible, but my mouth feels thick and dry regardless! TA! CA :)

the smoke is numbing your throat to the damage that you've been doing---now that you stop, you can feel what it has done!!
do not go back, because now you know what is underneathe!
muahhahahahah :)
im still clean

Congrats man !!.. My quitting is comming soon also, Soon as this pack is gone I'm done. Already quit 3 times for a few months each. Now its just getting too costly.... And its getting to damn harsh on my lungs.
Alse what everyone says about smoking "just one" is sooo true.. It sucks but its true =).. NEVER smoke that "just one" or your "fucked".

I've been a smoker for eight years now, I smoke a pack of Gauloises Blondes every day and the funny thing is, I really enjoy it. I love lighting that cigarette in the morning when you're still not quite awake and then you inhale that fresh african tobacco smoke... I love the wonderful taste they get combined with morning turkish coffee or strong indian tea. I love the way they ease the boredom while waiting for a bus or anything else, I thoroughly enjoy them before sleep, after lunch etc etc... I see no negatives to cigarettes, just positives and since seeing some charts which showed that Turkey has less lung cancer than USA, whole cancerogen stuff doesn't make much sense anymore.
Also, europe & US have cut down smoking dramaticaly but lung cancer levels are actually on the increase. I really don't want to give away one trully pleasurable thing in life just because insurance companies have realised that they could earn more money on their policies because smokers are supposably higher risk people.
FUckit... I'll smoke till the day I die, and I'm pretty sure I'll live longer than many 'healthy' non smokers I know.

Achaemenian,
This seems to be a thread where people are TRYING TO STOP SOMETHING THAT IS ADDICTIVE TO THEM! It seems fairly rude and childish to come in here and tell us all who are trying to improve our lives how enjoyable and healthy smoking is.
Why havnen't you gone to the 'Trying to Quit H' thread and told them how enjoyable a good ole hit of heroin is? BECAUSE ITS FUCKING RUDE! People come here for support, as Bluelight is designed for HARM MINIMISATION, and in here are a bunch of us trying to help eachother out in something which is damaging and controlling our lives.
europe & US have cut down smoking dramaticaly but lung cancer levels are actually on the increase
Is it possible that OTHER THINGS besides SMOKING cause lung cancer too? Gee wiz, I never thought of that. Look at the increase in gas guzzling four wheel drives, with higher pollutant out put ratings. Look at the rising global temperature.
insurance companies have realised that they could earn more money on their policies because smokers are supposably higher risk people.
If you think this is why insurance companies have raised the price for smokers than your a bloody moron. No Debate!
I used to believe in statistics. I was interested in trying Heroin and my dad and I were having a discussion about it. I argued that if I didn't continue after my first try, than I would not get addicted because *statistically* it is very unlikely to happen. He got fed up eventually and took me to meet people addicted to Heroin who told me their personal stories.
That showed me the fucking way. Showed me how statistcs lie, and even if there is a reported 20% chance, what is the point in risking your life for it? If your so lucky to win the lottery once, how come you can't be so unlucky to get lung cancer? or hearts disease?
You may think that smoking is oh so good, and that its
one trully pleasurable thing in life (for which I feel deeply sorry for you) but can you do your praises somewhere else? Check out www.neonjoint.com or whatever it is, I hear there's some suicidals over there.
Cause there is no fucking way that I am going to pay a big global coporation to kill me slowly. I wish you good luck. CA :)

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T SUBSTITUE THE NICOTINE FROM CIGARETTES WITH CHEWING TOBACCO!!!!! unless you like to make others puke.

I didn't read the whole thread.
But I stopped smoking about 3 years ago and since than I smoked probably on 10 occasion not more. I may be still addicted for this shit but I will fight against it.
Smoking is really pointless.
Waste of time
Wast of money.
I feel much better since I don't smoke anymore, and I really think cigarettes are the most pointless drug I ever had.

Props to everyone who quit or is trying to quit! I've been smoking since I was 18, I'm 22 now, and up to a pack a day. Smoking a pack a day of hard-ass menthol cigarettes like Newports will FUCK your lungs up like mad. You should see the crazy phlegm I cough up every day. I shouldn't even be smoking in the first place because I have asthma. I'm close to quitting, will do it in a couple weeks. I just can't afford to spend $4.50 a day on ciggies anymore...then theres a proposition coming up this election to add a 60 cent tax to cigarettes. So I figure soon I'll be spending $150 a month on cigarettes, fuck that!
Last time I quit I used the patch, and it worked very well in killing the cravings. What ruined my quit was I thought I could sneak in a cigarette every couple days, and the one night I was rollin and smoked almost an entire pack of Newports. The next day I was back where I started. This time I'm going on the patch again, but I'm not even touching another cigarette! Fuck Lorillard!

Originally posted by HydrA:
u may think its fun now but in 40 years who will be laughing?
Neither you or me can tell who will laugh in 40 years, but I'm quite certain who is laughing now.