• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Chest pains after injecting heroin

get high

Bluelighter
Hey bluelight, I've been smoking heroin for 2 years straight now. About 4 months ago I started shooting up. Ever since then I can't go back to smoking, it just isn't nearly as enjoyable. For the past month I've been getting chest pains, and pressure in my chest area a lot. It can happen anytime, An hour after shooting, half hour, three hours before, or randomly. This all has started since I started injecting. The pain is not that bad for the most part, but it bothers me, and scares my quite frankly. I only have 2 areas where I shoot, because it's the easiest to find and always works. It's at the side of my arm, in both arms at the same place. Now I'm wondering if maybe I'm not doing something right. I cook the dope until it dissolves, I put a cotton in, I suck it up, and I shoot it. I feel like I'm going to have to quit all together if this keeps happening. Has anyone else gotten chest pains from injecting heroin? Why might that be? Maybe I'm not injecting the correct way? This has really gotten me concerned. And yes I use alcohol swabs. Also I'm young, only 23. I have only been shooting up for 3-4 months. Any tips to inject safer? Maybe I'm not injecting in the right veins? No one showed me how to do anything I had to figure it all out myself. I'm scared for my health, and I would just quit right now but I would go through extreme withdrawals. Is chest pains normal? Thanks

Chest pains are not normal. You are injecting an unknown purity of Heroin into your blood, that can be cut with anything. Certain binders and fillers are not water soluable and can mess with the valves in your heart, for instance.

If some dealer was cutting the heroin with morphine pills, any of them, especially the ER kind, which contain wax, the wax has been known to block off veins, major arteries leading to the lungs and heart. Yes, people have had heart attacks from this practice.

The fact that you are not having major chest pain means little, in this case. Heart attacks can occur without any of the classical symptoms.

I am not trying to scare you, but I had what seemed like a cold once, went to the hospital to get checked out, thinking I had a little cold and the doctor came in all freaked out telling me I had a pulmonary embolism. The doctor said I could have died.

Here is the safe, correct answer. If your not scared of them possibly finding drugs in your system, go get checked. We have no idea what is going on. The fact that this happens randomly is what concerns me. For all we know, it may be unrelated.

Do you use micron filters? This goes back to the binders and fillers. Get checked out, as soon as you can.

You cannot ignore this.