View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

chest pain after 25i

bbradd1

Greenlighter
I have some chest pain that began over a year and a half ago following somewhere between 1 and 5mg of 25i nbome, sublingually. It was very intense during the first few days and I ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. It has decreased since then to barely noticeable at most times. Generally a few times a day I will feel some brief mild pain and occasionally will experience something more severe, but nothing like the first few days. The location of the pain is most commonly around the lower rib on the left side, but it often occurs a bit higher than that around the heart and towards the solar plex, and more rarely around the lower rib on the right side. It's usually a brief extended ache but occasionally (especially at first and especially around the heart) it will occur as a very quick tight squeezing pinch. It happens no matter what I'm doing but is more likely to occur if I'm breathing deeply, engaging in some kind of cardiovascular activity, or resting in certain ways lying down on my side (usually the left side). Additionally, I cannot take any other altering substance, including cannabis, without the pain becoming intense. This does not include alcohol and I don't think it includes tobacco (there may be an extremely minor correlation with tobacco). I have heard of people experiencing a similar kind of pain after 25i but not lasting very long. At this point, x-rays and heart tests have all come back with no issues and doctors so far don't seem to have a clue.

It may be worth noting:
- I was told the substance was 2ci nbome
- The experience itself was overall very positive and included an ego death with dmt like visuals
- I had bronchitis during the experience, but didn't realize it until afterwards when I visited the ER
- I spent around 20 minutes of the experience in a fit of constant, uncontrollable laughter
- There was a period around 4 months after the experience where the pain totally went away for a week. I began smoking cannabis again with no pain. It started again shortly after while smoking cannabis. I had also fallen off of a bicycle shortly before smoking.

So I am wondering:
1. Has anyone experienced this kind of pain, either briefly or for a similar duration? Have you found out any information?
2. I know 25i is a phenethylamine and vasoconstrictive. Could I be caught in some kind of permanent vasoconstriction?
3. Could the pain be neurological?

Any info is appreciated.

1-5 milligrams?..those are outrageous doses.

I'm pretty sure these compounds are so new and unstudied that no one here is going to be able to say for sure wether or not they cause this sort of damage. I'll say in my research into reading trip reports, vasoconstriction and chest pain are not uncommon in individuals that push the dosage so high.

Adrenergic drugs like these, which agonize 5-ht2b receptors, can cause damage to heart valves. Usually only after long term use though. Maybe your heart was particularly sensitive to this compound in those high doses. 5 mg was insane. You're actually lucky you're still alive. That was 10 times a normal dose.

Ok, I think I am incorrect about the dose. It was 2 tabs and I had heard that tabs of nbomes are almost always between .5mg and 2.5mg, maybe this is not the case? Thanks for the info about 5-ht2b receptors and heart valves, ill look into it.

Ok, I think I am incorrect about the dose. It was 2 tabs and I had heard that tabs of nbomes are almost always between .5mg and 2.5mg, maybe this is not the case? Thanks for the info about 5-ht2b receptors and heart valves, ill look into it.

I think its doubtful that your problem was related to the 5-HT2b agonism, since you weren't a chronic user or anything. My guess is that you had a pre-existing condition that the 25i trip aggravated. It could be your liver, but the pain is usually under the ribs on the right side rather than the left. Just go see a doctor. Nobody here is qualified to diagnose you. Don't mention anything about 25i, though. It hasn't been researched enough for any doctor to know anything about its possible effects and he'll just think you're a druggie.

i don't see any relationship with heart valves and this class of chemicals (although I have read it here repeatedly)

bronchitis can make you have chest pain - to whit -phenethylamines are not bad for congestion,
your laughter would likely be the root cause of a minor trauma to chest muscles, and this is what I believe still haunts you; meanwhile people are into demonizing nbomes.

that said, I agree your estimated dose was wild. nuts high or nuts inaccurate..
with nbome you need to be careful about keeping the dose low enough to enjoy and not get into trouble.
Most of the fatalities seem to be escalations of panic, heart rate, tension, blood pressure, and or, or seizures of some kind due to overdose.

The safe window is small-ish and varies per person.