• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chemistry question regarding DIHYDROCODEINE, thermostability of CWE extract

Memantine

Bluelighter
My goal is to get a pure powdered extract of dihydrocodeine(DHC) that I can snort in order to bypass the extensive first-pass metabolism of DHC. This because studies have shown that DHC is the main active molecule (and NOT one of it's metabolites such as dihydromorphine contrary to what some people think) and that IV administration gave 8 times higher blood concentrations than oral administration. Since IV and intranasal administration are somewhat similar in pharmacokinetic nature I figured snorting must give a much stronger effect compared to oral dosing with DHC.

First I want to dissolve 8 tablets of 8/500 DHC/APAP in 15 mL water. Then I filter the mixture and do another wash step with 10 mL water so I theoretically extract around 90% of the DHC and I end up with a solution of around 20-25 mL.

In a little experiment I conducted before I observed that I was able to evaporate 25 mL of water within 13 minutes on a gentle fire. So I guess my question is: Can my DHC survive 13 minutes of 90-100 degrees celsius or will it be destroyed?