Chemical Brothers.....

yer i do agree...i wish it was just chemical brothers through and through....i feel that they have tried to put a range of bits in there just to be in with what is going around today, which is good as they obviously want to sell records...but its a shame that they wernt genuine...if you know what i mean??

Still love the album though!

We Are The Night

BUMPITY BUMPITY!!! :D

So... is anyone else lovin the new album as much as i am? :)

watn-cover.jpg

this is my 4th or 5th listen. it's pretty awesome, as is all their stuff. i love 'all rights reversed' at the moment.

official site: http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com

1. No Path To Follow
2. We Are The Night
3. All Rights Reversed (featuring Klaxons)
4. Saturate
5. Do It Again (featuring Ali Love)
6. Das Spiegel
7. The Salmon Dance (featuring Fatlip)
8. Burst Generator
9. A Modern Midnight Conversation
10. Battle Scars (featuring Willy Mason)
11. Harpoons
12. The Pills Won't Help You Now (featuring Midlake)

PM ME to discuss in more detail, kids. %)

^ shush, you :p

lefty: i did a search but for some reason didn't see that thread.

MODS please move my post to that one if you like?

i agree that it's not quite up there with DYOH, but repeated listens are definitely worth the effort.
14.gif

DigitalDuality said:
the new album is awful.
i didn't really like surrender very much when i first heard it and shelved it for ages. but i gave it a second chance and i'm glad i did as it's one of my favourite cds.

alasdair

i am fucking LOVING the new album.

it's up there. %)

there's a remix the salmon song competition being held by the chemical brothers myspace page. boy am i glad i added them a couple of days ago. they provide the source sounds in a zip file.

actually, if the mods don't mind, i'm going to start a new thread asking bler's to make a remix. we can have our own remix comp!

felix said:
i am fucking LOVING the new album.

it's up there. %)
i am loving it even more. =D

now then, brothers fans. they are doing a rather mindblowing mini mix on the pete tong show on uk radio 1 tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/petetong/

click on 'listen to the show' and fast forward to 01:45 (make sure it's the one dated 14th Sept, it might take an hour or two to go live)

chemical brothers mixing themselves with soulwax, could there *be* any better combo??? <3 %)

that was awesome. 17 tracks in 15 minutes. =D

Chemical Brothers Hot Mix
Achim Reichel And Machines - 'As If I Had Seen All This Before' (Polydor)
Cabaret Voltaire – ‘Sensoria’ (Virgin)
Rappermatical 5 – ‘Party People’ (Stones Throw)
Chemical Brothers – ‘No Need’ (Virgin)
Justice – ‘Waters Beats’ (Ed Banger Records)
Lil Louis – ‘ideo Clash’ (White Label)
The Charlatans – ‘Feel The Pressure (The What Pressure? Remix)’ (White Label)
Chemical Brothers – ‘Do It Again’ (Virgin)
Syclops Mom – ‘The Video Broke!’ (Tirk Records)
The Chemical Brothers – ‘The Salmon Dance (Crookers Mix)’ (Virgin)
Marc Houle – ‘Bay Of Figs’ (Minus)
Dj Rush / Soulwax / Switch/Digitalism - ‘The Wiard (Rush Chemical Edit)’ (White Label)
Vitalic And Mbv – ‘Newman Made Me Realise (Chemical Edit)’ (White Label)
Lcd Soundsystem – ‘Freak Out’ (DFA Records)
J Dilla – ‘Da Factory’ – (Stone Throw Records)
Unknown Soldiers – ‘Bonus Beats’ (White Label)
Soundtrack Excerpt – ‘The Wozzard Of Iz’ (White Label)

How are they live? they'll be touring Oz early next year and I'm thinking of going :D!!! Would be awesome to see them really messy I think :D

Amazing. %)

i saw them in june this year at the rockness festival here in scotland (daft punk the following night ;)) and i loved every minute of it. my poor little legs were sore with jumping up and down, heh.

so don't just THINK about it - DO IT!!! :! =D

has anyone listened to that mix i linked to above? do it quickly, cos it'll be replaced on friday... :(

if anyone can somehow save it to mp3 format for me, they'll have my undying gratitude <3

new album!

http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/home/

23-06-2008 // Following their fifth consecutive number 1 album last year, the Grammy award winning ‘We Are The Night’, The Chemical Brothers return with ‘Brotherhood’ a best of collection with a kick and a twist, set for release on 1st September 2008.

The Chemical Brothers have established themselves as true pioneers of electronic music and have become one of the most popular dance acts of all time. Now seems the perfect time to take stock of their seminal output with the double disc celebration that is Brotherhood.

Brotherhood comprises of 2 discs, the first is a collection of 13 undeniable benchmark Singles from the band's immense back catalogue and new track ‘Keep My Composure’ which features the shimmering flow of Baltimore’s Spank Rock.

The 2nd will feature exclusively Electronic Battle Weapons 1-10. Since 1996 Electronic Battle Weapons have acted as the laboratories for The Chems devious musical experiments and laid the rhythmic and melodic foundations for numerous tracks as well as providing some of the duos most formidable mixes. Until now Electronic Battle Weapons 1-9 have only been available on various limited formats and this is the first time they have been widely available.

Brotherhood will be preceded by the digital download single Midnight Madness on 4th August 2008. Derived and developed from Electronic Battle Weapons 10, Midnight Madness is The Chemical Brothers at their most infectious, euphoric, report to the dancefloor best.

OMFG is it september yet? :!

the single midnight madness is getting some airplay in the UK, and it's ace. can't wait for this to come out. :D

crap quality taping of the single: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlo_paNvoQ

Was "we are the night" any good?

I abandoned them completely after "push the button", and the aural molestation that was "the salmon dance".

with the exception of a couple of complete clunkers (e.g. the salmon dance) 'we are the night' is great.

it's odd but i have a couple of friends who think 'the salmon dance' is great.

my favourite track is probably 'das spiegel'

alasdair

we'll float... up... stream

salmon dance was fucking awesome.

plus the various remixes. too drunk to give youtube links right now, but trust me on that. look for the fishies video on youtube. :)

i have documented my opinions on the WATN album in this very thread. don't make me repeat myself squiddy or i'll get very angry.

Its video was also nominated for a MTV Europe Music Award in 2007 by artist Snoop Dogg, when he said "..And they just dancing like salmon is da shit."
haha <3 the The Herve Remix

got a fatty 'b-side' pack. b-sides(duh) and electronic battle weapons 1-10.. wooot

"A couple of clunkers" totally ruin an album for me. If you can't get 9 or 10 decent tracks on an album, don't release the cunt!

it's just one man's opinion. felix loved that track :)

alasdair