• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Research Characteristics of Fatal Poisonings Among Infants and Young Children in the United States

how many ppl leave standard medications just in cupboards with no locks on it whilst their kids are growing up, nm pills that can put down a fully grown horse.

ive made the same mistake we all have of hiding half a key of coke loose in the sugar pot half a key of brownloose in the kids hot chocolate powder leaving dirty 30s in the smarties packets etc.. but thinking back even leaving sleeping pills in a drawer was irresponsible.

it couldve cost me money ffs:unsure:

Here it was also common to give babies either alcohol or poppy tea to calm them. It wasn’t unheard that someone gives baby some tea, goes to work in field and finds a baby dead.

Like @ColoradoOpiateGirl I too unfortunately heard of modern examples. My ex was told by some of her girlfriends how after a baby is 6 months old it’s ok to give them a tiny amount of diazepam if nothing calms them and that’s really fucked up.

Also a good friend told me that there’s melatonin formulation aimed for infants. I think that’s also fucked up as messing with hormones in such an early stage can’t be good.
Where is “here” that you refer to? Where this was a practice done?