• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there are always going to be new ways to fuck the system, that doesn't mean the system is fucked. There are legal states that are killing the game right now. CA is not one of them.

I've personally seen what lack of MMJ laws did when Colorado legalized marijuana. It did nothing but slow the process down for the exact reasons you are concerned about. It took CO almost a full two years to really get their shit together. Today, they test for hundreds, if not thousands of contaminants in cannabis, and they are doing a fucking bang up job testing cannabis. The list continues to grow, because that's how it should be (our very own thujone found one that not many people are even aware of---check it out here). Sure, nothing is perfect and CO has even seen some recalls, but recalls are good when you consider the alternative; no recalls. Testing is also good when you consider the alternative. No testing is what your state has been doing for decades. It's time to stop that. It's also time to stop allowing your use-to-be MMJ shops that were never legitimate to begin with to stop selling via blackmarket. Get a license or get out of town. Your blackmarket has full control currently and it's easy for me to see why.

You know who makes a lot of recalls? The FDA. Everyday. Yet you still go to the store and happily buy your food with CONFIDENCE, do you not? As paranoid as you are about our government testing facilities, I would assume you to be one of those whole fooders that are EXTREMELY careful about everything you eat. Are you?

Lol dude it's not paranoia when it's actual facts.

That link just goes to further demonstrate my point. My point has never been that testing is bad. Only pointing out how lacking the current testing regulations are. If you were informed with anything besides your own opinion, you might be able to understand that. Yes... improving but far from ideal....

The FDA is far from ideal as well. I don't buy store bought food with confidence just because the FDA is in existence either. I put far more trust in brands than I ever would in a governing oversight body for very practical reasons. The FDA will protect consumers to some degree, but no governing body will be able to ensure quality through testing or any other means. That type of thinking has a fundamental lack of understanding of how oversight bodies actually function.

The consumer has far more power than any governing body, and often times it is the consumer who discovers the need for recall which is then reported to a governing body who enforces a recall.

And if it was common knowledge that, for example, the meat industry was commonly cheating tests and putting tainted or contaminated product onto the market- for sure I would be extra cautious... as logically anyone would be. Anyways... we've had this conversation before and it seems to be going the same way. So this is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Out of context the statements do seem contradictory, but you clearly missed the point. There are companies out there who use ethical practices and do not need testing to know if their product will test clean, although testing should and will validate these companies. There are also companies out there who understand how easy it is to get around the current regulations and are entirely profit driven.

You seem to be inferring extreme statements out of what I have said. I am advocating greater consumer awareness mostly. With all the recent brands that have been labeling product as clean, lab tested, and even posting clean lab results- then later to find out that independent batch sample testing results positive for pesticides or other contaminants, the necessity for greater consumer awareness is needed.

It's the same with food. Not always realistic for everyone, but ideally you would know who farmed your food and how they farmed it. Or you would farm it yourself.

You don't even have a year under your belt. You guys are so new. It's cute.

Anyone else ever wonder how hazardous vaporizing flower/concentrates is to lung health? Let's be completely honest... odds are heavy use of any inhaled plant matter, even if it's completely absent of tar and other carcinogens, probably has some amount of risk to your lungs. My question is, if we put cigarette smoking at a 10/10 and something that doesn't go through your lungs at a 0/10, where would vaporizing weed lay? May be a decade or two before we get any info on this.

idk about lung health but vaping fucks my sinus-health right up. I'm not on a crusade to get people to stop or anything, I just know how it effects me. I'm pretty sure there's a common ingredient or two that dries the hell out of my airways and leaves 'em vulnerable to infection.

It's gotten to the point where I'll go without rather than use an extract vaporizer when that's my only option but, to be fair, I've never vaped flowers so I haven't really got a baseline for comparison.

Anybody here had god's gift. I'm thinking about buying some 1:1 distillate made from it. It's supposed to be a great strain for pain. Iv'e gotten some remedy 1:1 vape carts before.

It kinda felt like smoking some Mexican indica but way cleaner.

Taking 2 weeks off to reset tolerance and feel the magic of weed again without having to get retardedly intoxicated. Then planning on most likely taking all of September off. Then possibly finding a new job since it'll be easy to pass a pre employment screen.

Anybody here had god's gift. I'm thinking about buying some 1:1 distillate made from it. It's supposed to be a great strain for pain. Iv'e gotten some remedy 1:1 vape carts before.

It kinda felt like smoking some Mexican indica but way cleaner.
I had God's Gift several years ago. The flower was pretty stoning, but I'd imagine a 1:1 distillate to have a lot more medical qualities (CBD?).

I recently got a good deal on some CBD isolate just waiting for it in the mail. I plan on making my own 1:1 oil to stretch out my supply.

I think I've been down from weed for 24 hours now and I already hate my life lol

It's not that I need to be high so much as I don't know what the fuck to do with my extra time when I'm not high.

My CBD slabs finally arrived. I went ahead and loaded the pen directly a few times for now and feeling relaxed.

I suppose yesterday was officially the first National CBD day. Happy belated.

Taking 2 weeks off to reset tolerance and feel the magic of weed again without having to get retardedly intoxicated. Then planning on most likely taking all of September off. Then possibly finding a new job since it'll be easy to pass a pre employment screen.

Pretty much my plan exactly, but after these withdrawal symptoms I don't think I could ever go back to weed and risk dependency again. I ate a few cherry tomatoes today, a cucumber, and a banana. Almost puked from a bite of lamb. I normally work out a lot and have a voracious appetite, but every single time I quit weed it takes a month to get my appetite back in full. I cannot eat food without weed, it is almost 3am I cannot sleep without weed and my tolerance is 0.5 grams in bong and I don't feel it for long. Of the chronic, very picky it's so stupid to bong a gram in 10 minutes and hardly feel it. I was thinking today, my first weed free day since at least September, about how the drug affected me when I was younger. It was completely different, so much better and stronger, fewer side effects, and I feel that I am attached to a drug that serves no purpose for me anymore and only brings harm to my life after being a passion. So why use it, I've smoked enough weed over 15 years. I think I would regret my life if I carried on with the drugs into my 30's.

and it is such a great drug, why did I ruin it like this? I am withdrawing from benzos as well, and the combination totally sucks. Both are sheer hell, sure weed can't kill you but that just makes me smoke it more carelessly and way more of than I need of it. I am also in post-acute opiate withdrawal at nearly 8 months, and I'm just totally not digging the idea of any sort of drugs in my life anymore. I think I've done myself in enough at this point, was up to 60mg xanax a day been using it daily since I took my first pill years ago and couldn't stop snorting the fucking smack until July last year, got addicted to both within the same month. Then kept relapsing on the oxycodone all last year. I love weed but I'll have to see how much I trust myself as right now I feel that I should quit everything. Weed is controllable, though, if I keep it to nights only. It is when I take that first bong toke it sets the standard and no matter what I say I will smoke compulsively the rest of the day until bed. Pretty easy solution. Get my appetite back after herb withdrawal, I can get half my calorie count after about 5 to 10 days, back to normal in a month, and then only smoke at night. As it is almost 3am right now and I am sure as hell happy I fucked myself up enough to be unemployable.

What am I saying though. If this drug is fucking with me to the extent that I can do an intensive hot yoga session that normally exhausts me completely, and not even be hungry the rest of the day because I didn't smoke a drug, I have to say I'd sure feel like a dumbass relapsing after I quit. So yeah man. It's not a break for me. I'm 30 and I've fucked the hell out of my life and I really damaged myself with cannabis too, unfortunately to the point that it is no longer worth using it ever again. However I find myself smoking at nights as the withdrawal is comparable to I would say a 60mg long term oxycodone addiction. That's a low dose but still a pretty shit withdrawal too.

Last edited:
I miss weed. The girl who lives next door to me is kinda cute and I keep smelling this ever so sweet dank smell coming from her apartment every few nights... too much temptation Jesus 8(

Oh man I can't keep off the weed. I've been cutting back though, quite grumpy lol. I say that about weed dude because I have BPD and I feel abandoned by the herb it's kinda fucked up but I need the ganj medically for many many things. I am in fact doing the same thing as you. I'm attempting to revery back to the old stoner days when I got high a lot but not compulsively. It doesn't fuck with me if I'm not stoned 100% of the time ya know? Plus, I actually experience an alteration of consciousness which is highly pleasurable, but partly because not being stoned sucks at first when you've been stoned for months / years non stop.

And it helps benzo withdrawal and if I don't stop it with the etizolam and fast and soon I'm literally just going to die I've been taking so much of the stuff for so long, pretty much since it appeared back in 2011. About a year later started up after a xanax script from the ER calmed me down from panic attacks I was trying to binge drink off with seroquel, it was hell. I haven't really had a drink since I refuse to mix them.

Right around the onset of my panic attack disorder. After having chronic back pain for years and panic attacks and heroin, all these raw benzos, stints with coke, I'll stick to my herb dude. I just can't seem to kick the etiz. I quit heroin cold turkey almost 8 months ago now without looking back, I don't even really get cravings just nostalgic memories of railing lines and prepping the few shots I tried but it's not like oh fuck I need this back. Fuck that garbage.
But my anxiety is extreme. I can't handle it, I can handle experiencing pain in my mid spine chronically and I have ways to deal with it but anxiety is going to be the death of me if I don't quit it with the etiz. I'm taking so much a day it's completely ridiculous. Can't wait to get my valium soon, I should stop blowing through it and let it accumuate but it works so well for the interdose withdrawals at a reasonable dose I can't get prescribed. They wouldn't fill my valium today and it's five days late the fucks. I need it; there is much consolence in knowing one is much less likely to seize.

When I stopped smoking weed for the first time since last September I have skipped 5 meals though and slept 3 hours last night. Sort of crummy, part of it is the benzo taper for sure but I kind of need my weed right now but I keep having panic attack after panic attack it's fuckin exhausting. I'd still rather kick this than H ever again though easily. Those cold turkey withdrawals and relapses haunt me to this day and have so far kept me clean at least of opiates completely this year. I just can't deal with the anxiety, I don't know, I need a psychiatrist but the wait is so long unless I attempt suicide or I guess fake to.

Cutting back on the herb typically helps when you are in troubled times. Leaves you with a clearer mind (eventually) and then you start getting high like old times and it becomes spiritual and meditative if you get like that from some weeds. Maybe even some giggles lol.

Last edited:
I seriously can't quit. If I cut back for a few days I compensate. I just bailed on quitting as I had skipped 6 meals and barely slept. Like, I was eating some fruit but it was awful. Just feasted on a mountain of pasta it was wonderful. I'm still cutting back though as this level of use is unacceptable to me.

Anyone tried Hindu Kush. Landrace Indica for the Hindu Kush mountain region, and it is a rather pure indica if I'm not mistaken. It is very high in terpinolene compared to other terpenes, which is a sedative.

Oddly enough, this strain treats what I would call ADHD. I am able to concentrate very well on it, and it never burns me out. Maybe it was just a really well done medical grow, but the THC % was 15. I wonder why it was impossible for this weed to burn me out. Most weed makes me feel like a zombie for several hours after I sesh hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.