• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my old wax (roughly 8-10 months old) has been turning gooey in same parts, staying relatively solid in others... Would a high humidity environment cause this 'degradation' so to speak? Any wax nerds out there, can you help me?

Certain factors might speed it up, but I don't think it would be correct to say that it causes the change. It has to do with the fact that most extracts are instable and slightly hydrophilic. Terpene and lipid content will also play a role which can change over time. Cannabinoids will also change over time due to oxidization.

It turns out to be a relatively complex process with a ton of variables. Shatter used to be considered top grade, but now what people are calling "sap" or "sauce" is more desirable because of a higher terpene content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CannabisEx...does_shatter_shatter_and_budder_budder_ask_a/

Last edited:
^Is there anything I can do to slow this process? All my wax is stored in those little rubber wax containers. They're definitely not air proof; should I store them inside a jar with desiccant or something? I've got at least 11 grams of extracts at the moment, it'll take me months to finish all this and I don't want to lose all of it...

I use to bag it up and place it in a dark container in the fridge. This was enough to keep wax and shatter stable for well over a year.

^Is there anything I can do to slow this process? All my wax is stored in those little rubber wax containers. They're definitely not air proof; should I store them inside a jar with desiccant or something? I've got at least 11 grams of extracts at the moment, it'll take me months to finish all this and I don't want to lose all of it...

As far as I know, you can slow the process by placing it in a cool, dark, and air tight container but even triple vac sealing and placing it in the freezer won't stop it.

Although it may lose bag appeal, it isn't ruined as far as consumption is concerned. I think degrading is the wrong way to view it, as the THC is likely not be degrading to CBN in large quantities. I believe it is considered a phase change and has to do with how the components of the extract are combined/formed. In terms of THCA crystallization, terpenes and other plant material are considered impurities. Some terpenes will evaporate off which allows the THCA molecules to "sugar up" or crystallize.

Here is a more in depth explanation from a chemist, this is just my small understanding of a very big and complex process.
https://imgur.com/a/QY8ww#0

Last edited:
Tried my first indica today, G13, way more pleasant than the hybrids. The hybrids just messed with my state of mind, they didn't make me happy or feel better. Haven't tried a full sativa but I don't know that it'll be much better.

It's about time for the re-up but instead of the usual kill I'll be picking up CBD weed so I can continue using as much as I like but without actually getting high.

CBD shatter was what I used to stop using dabs and now I will be doing the same with flower over the next month or so. It's been a long time coming but I'm ready as I'll ever be.

Life is about to get a lot more sober. I know I'm becoming a boring normie for some of you, but don't fret. Weed will always have a special place in my heart as will this forum. Stay cool.

I picked up some hashberry at a dispensary that had a really good deal on it, probably such a good deal because it was like 20% stems lol. Still a good deal even with the stems as long as it's relatively potent.

Hoping it's at least nearly as pleasant as the G13, I just feel amazing on the G13.

It's about time for the re-up but instead of the usual kill I'll be picking up CBD weed so I can continue using as much as I like but without actually getting high.

CBD shatter was what I used to stop using dabs and now I will be doing the same with flower over the next month or so. It's been a long time coming but I'm ready as I'll ever be.

Life is about to get a lot more sober. I know I'm becoming a boring normie for some of you, but don't fret. Weed will always have a special place in my heart as will this forum. Stay cool.

Don't feel bad, after I tried synthetics when I was younger I didn't come on the forum here for several years really much, just occasionally to take part in the joy of all the states legalizing rec.

Thanks TN. I've never seen stem heavy bags but sometimes I'll see smaller buds at super low prices. I typically pick up for around 80-100/ounce in the stores and those can be pretty nice all around (indoor high quality). CBD flower has always been donkey dick type stuff at the same price. When I had a medical card back in 2010 I didn't even see CBD weed available. It wasn't until much later that it became popular and I'm sure with the help of legal rec weed. Legal rec weed really does have it all.

today marks the begin of my T-Break.

i did one last week and even just monday and tuesday was enough for me to get ripped every time i smoked until saturday evening when my tolerance was back

slacked yesterday and smoked though :(.

Really? So it's like mad strong then?

I just like the thought of pumping it my vape and it being so convenient

Is it already in a cartridge though, like you cant stuff it in your own rig?

Really? So it's like mad strong then?

I just like the thought of pumping it my vape and it being so convenient

Is it already in a cartridge though, like you cant stuff it in your own rig?

mad strong for like 20mins IME.

and no i wouldn't try to take it out the cart to hit on a rig

It's kinda like :|%)=D.
And occasionally it is like 8o

but most of the time it's like

giphy.gif

I love the cartridges. Thinking about picking up a kit to make some cannabis vape juice sometime soon. Sooooo great for incognito highs. I've used them at theaters, bars, restaurants... so low key %)

mad strong for like 20mins IME.

and no i wouldn't try to take it out the cart to hit on a rig
20 mins, oh man that's a bit soft

still, once i get my mind set on some new way of getting myself baked, it's a sure shot ill have them sometime soon ;)

i still love my volcano though :)
It's kinda like :|%)=D.
And occasionally it is like 8o
i prefer when it's like :D:?=D
I love the cartridges. Thinking about picking up a kit to make some cannabis vape juice sometime soon. Sooooo great for incognito highs. I've used them at theaters, bars, restaurants... so low key %)
moist excellent

so what kind of e-cig is the way to go?

as chances are, ill probs already own one of them since i have like 5 different vapes :)

I always got pre-filled cartridges that I swap out on an actual 'pen' sized battery. You can buy those cartridges for cheap, as well as the battery (I got mine for 11 bucks I think?) and fill them yourself; it's a mixture of wax and PG I believe.

Just google 'cannabis e-juice cartridges' or something to get an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.