• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Caught with drugs in prison - what will happen?

private20

Greenlighter
Hope it's ok to post this but just wondering if anybody has an idea about this.

I made the worst decision of my life and agreed to bring in some stuff to my best mate in prison. He got into debt and said he would get a beating if he didn't repay it. Anyway I went along with things. I've never done anything like this before and got caught and arrested and was in custody for 24 hours. They searched my house but there was nothing there - just what I had at the prison. I was released on bail by the police and am due back next week to see what they are charging me with.

I know how serious this is but am hoping for the best. Solicitor said I could be looking at prison. I have one conviction for assault from when I was 18 and have been arrested a few times for minor stuff. I am working in a responsible job and will probably lose this whatever happens.

Heart goes out to you mate but it depends on what sort of drugs and how many. Also, by your user name, are you in the army?

Not lawyers here and your best advice will come from one but we can sometimes offer advice based on similar cases. Just bear in mind anything you get here ain't gospel, just best guesses.

I made the worst decision of my life and agreed to bring in some stuff to my best mate in prison.

yeah he used you.

you risked your life(job, future etc), for his benefit, not your own... I reckon they'll come down pretty hard on this, as drug smuggling into prison is a real problem.

Drug Game Rule#1 always look out for yourself.

Hope you learnt the lesson.

Sorry I cant be more helpful

Hiya,

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I totally understand you wanting to help your friend. I'm not sure if we're allowed to answer your question on this site though.

It may be best for you to pm a mod with this n ask if it's ok to ask this

Wishing you all the very best.

Evey

Read the fucking OP Raas. It was for debt and to avoid a beating. Not cheap highs. Sometimes you aren't very Christian.

^ My point stands; they'll spin whatever BS to get their fix. use people to meet their own ends. Sorry to sound so cold, but you gotta look out for yourself not THEM... else you'll end up taking the punishment for their problems...as has happened here

Last edited:
So, you're a Christian, are you?

Jesus Christ . . .

I'm just making a very relevant point, that people in the drug game use others for their own gain... and I sense that has happened here - at the end of the day he's paying for someone elses problems. The Op's perceived "kindness", is nothing but his own detriment.

What are you, however with your cheap insults, except a bigot? demeaning people and attacking them for their religious beliefs; when it's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

edit: >> out. not escalating this thread into petty arguments, point has been made very clear now

Last edited:
Yeah I know what I did was wrong - so stupid - but we grew up together and I felt bad for him when I saw him there and told me what was going on

No, I'm just making a very relevant point, that people in the drug game use others for their own gain... and I sense that has happened here - at the end of the day he's paying for someone elses problems. The Op's perceived "kindness", is nothing but his own detriment.

What are you, however with your cheap insults, except a bigot? demeaning people and attacking them for their religious beliefs; when it's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

How is helping others irrelevant to the issue at hand? Isn't there something about casting first stones? Fishface is not a bigot. And tbh I doubt you are much of anyone's idea of a Christian.

It's ok private, no one is judging you at all. We all wish to help. I just suggested contacting the mods with this as I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss legal matters, that's all. It's totally understandable what you did n no one here is judging you, ok x

Evey

Not really looking for legal advice - do have a solicitor. Just looking for an idea of what to expect to get or if anybody has heard of what people have got. Police say value is about £500 but think thats too much

If it's class A's most definate custodial...........tbh custodial is going to be likely whatever class due to the value of it.

Is custodial, prison? That fkn sucks. The bloke was only trying to help his friend. C'mon anyone would do the same if they thought their friend was gna copa beating. Who wouldn't? Honestly?

Evey

Your best defence probably will be along the lines of your friend being some kind of manipulative Svengali character who had you under his spell; mere ignorance of the gravity of the offence isn't even going to begin to cut it in a court of law. How could the defendant not know what he was doing?, the Counsel for the Prosecution will say. Everyone knows Drugs lead to Violence! Everyone! Four legs good ..... two legs bad ..... The defendant must have had at least some idea of the severity of what he was doing!

Your friend must have known exactly what buttons to push -- what stimulus to give you in order to get you to respond in a certain way. He manipulated you, using your bond of friendship, using the fact that you literally felt his pain, to exaggerate the ill consequences of your non-compliance with his evil scheme and coerce you into following his will against all your better judgement.

But never take anyone's word for it on the Internet. Even this. You are going to need a proper lawyer -- and a bloody good one at that. The less you say to anyone before getting legal representation, the better ..... as they say when they arrest you, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you later rely on in court something which you do not mention when questioned ..... But the fact is, more people get put inside for saying too much than too little. Even the professionals will tell you to say nothing to anyone until you have spoken to them.

Are you in the states? In the USA, people tend to face felonies for described crimes. The sentence can either be suspended, through probation, or activated through a prison sentence. All of this is dependent upon the drug itself and the amount confiscated. We need more details to give you an accurate measure.

In reality, your best mate probably manipulated you. This is a common thing in the prison system. Were he being extorted, he would have been through previous experiences of a violent and intimidating nature... I spent my life from 18-22 in prison, and the people getting extorted were ostracized. There is a real dysfunctional hierarchy in prison. Were your friend being pressured, he wouldn't have the time to set up a visit with you, he would be intensely bullied and he would either catch an assault charge or enter PC to get away from the abuse.

Your best defence probably will be along the lines of your friend being some kind of manipulative Svengali character who had you under his spell; mere ignorance of the gravity of the offence isn't even going to begin to cut it in a court of law. How could the defendant not know what he was doing?, the Counsel for the Prosecution will say. Everyone knows Drugs lead to Violence! Everyone! Four legs good ..... two legs bad ..... The defendant must have had at least some idea of the severity of what he was doing!

Your friend must have known exactly what buttons to push -- what stimulus to give you in order to get you to respond in a certain way. He manipulated you, using your bond of friendship, using the fact that you literally felt his pain, to exaggerate the ill consequences of your non-compliance with his evil scheme and coerce you into following his will against all your better judgement.

But never take anyone's word for it on the Internet. Even this. You are going to need a proper lawyer -- and a bloody good one at that. The less you say to anyone before getting legal representation, the better ..... as they say when they arrest you, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you later rely on in court something which you do not mention when questioned ..... But the fact is, more people get put inside for saying too much than too little. Even the professionals will tell you to say nothing to anyone until you have spoken to them.

How do you know he was manipulating him? He could have been telling the truth n may have copped a beating.

Edit: where's Rybee? She's usually good at these dituations. Isn't she studying / working in law?

Evey

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how you expected to smuggle it into prison? Were you going to tongue kiss each other hello and pass it across that way?

Because that would have been hot