• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

caught driving under influence of cannabis

^^^First of all I've never gone on record saying that I learn from my mistakes.=D Where I'm from police have no intention of pressing charges for Marijuana possesion. The Heroin scene is the target for most of the drug busts. But as a 16 year old when these things happened I was caught about 50 times, through a period of 4 years and a few times a day. So the odd's were quite good. All you were risking was 5-10 bongs and $10 worth of dope. No big loss!

I find you have to get a cop on a really bad day for em to arrest you or demand a blood test. We've been pulled over with two ounces, a gas mask, three pipes and very glazed over eyes many times and the coppers always just ask "How far are you driving?" We tell them its only around the corner, so they tell us to take it easy and leave. Mind you this is Newwie, and I find coppers are generally nicer that way.

If I had two choices, and had no money and need a ride home if its too far for me to walk, I would rather get a ride with a stoner than a drunk..... driving drunk is way more dangerous than stoned, of course either choices is not safe, but just saying sometimes when my mates or myself drive while stoned, not too stoned, just coming down from the stone if you get my drift, I find them more better drivers than drunks.

I wonder if this is the case why decriminalising or legalising cannabis is difficult because its hard to judge from blood tests from stoners driving? I mean people with huge amounts of THC/tolerence and they are not stoned but got caught for "driving under influnce of cannabis" but they are not stoned, just got plenty of THC in their system? I mean cannabis affects everyone differently.......and the THC stays in the system for range of vary of times? depending on how heavy pot users they are?

I am curious how the dutch police handle or test drivers if cannabis is widely freely avaiable in cafes in Holland?

is being blood tested if you are suspected of use a common thing in nsw?

the reason i ask is that i'm in qld and i have been caught in a sitting in a carpark before (stoned) and the cops have searched us only found a bong (stash was hidden well thankfully) and all they did was take the bong and told us to drive home and to only smoke pot at home from now on. I have also been pulled up on the way home from sessions before with the car reeking of pot (from the session that we just had in the car) i've been off my head, eyes glowing and all, and the coppa just rbt me and let me continue on my journey... and this has happen a few times now.

^^ i think its purely paperwork and the insignificance of the crime. if they have a crackdown on drug driving i would expect it to be a different story..

Urbanhog said:
If I had two choices, and had no money and need a ride home if its too far for me to walk, I would rather get a ride with a stoner than a drunk..... driving drunk is way more dangerous than stoned, of course either choices is not safe, but just saying sometimes when my mates or myself drive while stoned, not too stoned, just coming down from the stone if you get my drift, I find them more better drivers than drunks.

Are you serious?

1. There are always more than 2 choices...perhaps don't spend all your money on drugs and you'd be able not to make the choice to drive home with someone under the influence.

2. Are you serious? My old flatmate was a stoner and an alcoholic. There's no way I'd have jumped in the car with him in either state (in the end he got done for drink driving, having crashed his car - luckily no one was hurt).

For gods sake, don't get in the car with someone under the influence of anything, it just ain't worth it - I'd rather have sore feet from walking than be dead any day!

Urbanhog said:

Well I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you on the road...

Yeah.... you better watch out of me Insane Platypus of me driving like a manic..... =D

Urbanhog said:
I would rather get a ride with a stoner than a drunk..... driving drunk is way more dangerous than stoned, of course either choices is not safe, but just saying sometimes when my mates or myself drive while stoned, not too stoned, just coming down from the stone if you get my drift, I find them more better drivers than drunks.

I wonder if this is the case why decriminalising or legalising cannabis is difficult because its hard to judge from blood tests from stoners driving? I mean people with huge amounts of THC/tolerence and they are not stoned but got caught for "driving under influnce of cannabis" but they are not stoned, just got plenty of THC in their system? I mean cannabis affects everyone differently.......

Same with alcohol. People get busted when they are over and kick up a fuss because they are not impaired in any way, see how 0.05 feels if you are an alcoholic...barely touching the sides I imagine.

Think about what you are saying though......as much as everyone can be in denial, pot DOES SIGNIFICANTLY affect your driving just the same way alcohol does.

I would rather get a lift with someone who had had a couple of drinks that 10 cones.8)

Whats next the cops will do you for possession of THC or any other drug in your bloodstream..... Technically cause your blood is possesing the drug and the blood is yours you take the blame.......shit man sounds like big brother

Ganja can stay in your bloodstream for up 2 6months.!!!!!!

NO SHIT!

Thats pretty fuckeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.:p :p :p

lots of stoned drivers here

pretty much every stoner i know where I live drives when they are stoned. without even thinking about it as though its a naughty thing to do. as though its not even a drug. its just "that stuff that everyone smokes all the time"
ive been with my brother in the car and we'd sit at the traffic lights chuffin a cone.... oops:D