• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Carefully Calculated Suicide - A Philosophical Discussion

But for one problem. I have to make the assumption that this thing has been tested for leaks etc. The actual method of replacing oxygen with nitrogen or helium is nothing new. Exit International been banging on about this for years. Even some enterprising entrepreneurs selling "Exit Bags" or instructions on how to DIY. Unless you're pretty handy: the failure rate is pretty high. And last thing anybody needs is to go down the DIY route, starve the brain of oxygen, and then still come 'round. There's even a crowd who have been trying to market some type of re-breather apparatus which has proved to be unreliable and a rip-off at best. I've always found it ironic that offing yourself isn't quite as easy as people think i.e. the success rates are not that high (method dependent) yet people who actually WANT to live drop like flies daily with little to no fuss.

And here's a rather sobering table (statistics). Unfortunately and for reasons beyond my comprehension the original site is no longer so the link below is to the archived version of the site (seems to me the last time it was archived. and therefore active until, 29 November 2021). Point being: information like this should be plastered all over the Internet in my opinion. Now whether or not this site was taken down or the owners just coulnd't be bothered with keeping it up and running I know not. But it won't be the first site to have been forced down by the pro-lifers and religious fanatics (assuming that's what happened to it) and it won't be the last either I'm sure. Prime example is the use of firearms. There's been more than one incident where some poor fellow just assumed that using a firearm was foolproof. Not so. There's even been one or two reports where a shotgun to the head hasn't done the trick (go figure). And some dude somehow managed to shoot himself twice after initially having blown half of his face off, going to the bathroom and seeing what had happened, and then gone back and rinsed and repeated (obviously getting it right second time around). That particular case had law enforcement perplexed as you can imagine i.e. dead people cannot operate a pump action shotgun so how come there was a spent cartridge on the floor. And even with pistols. Thanks for the movies and bullshit there's an assumption that a single shot to the head and you simply drop. Not true. And depends on so many factors not least of which are aim, type of ammo. used, not flinching, the list goes on.

And while I'm on a roll here this morning below is a neat site and has some real decent information on it (it's not a pro-suicide site i.e. far from it).

I'm not advocating this course of action (although that's arguable but not my intention on continually posting on this thread) i.e. my interest is two fold here. On topic: suicide is justifiable and sometimes practical. Off topic: it's always been of great concern to me that people make assumptions on methods only to find out they're totally wrong and end up fucking themselves in the eye and in a far worse position than they were before.

And if the real truth be told: here's an admission. I thought I had all the answers on this. Turns out I didn't some two or so years ago (and some around here may have a good laugh and remember my "baptism of fire" right here because of this very topic) (and I don't need to get into it again). Personal opinion and the danger here (as I now know) is that on a site such as this I'll bet that the default course of action is theorized to be an OD. The success rates of intentional ODs is actually very low (yet another irony I'd say). And thanks to the media hype and bullshit: you'd be surprised how many people who are not in the know just assume that Fentanyl will do the trick. It's simply untrue (although highly individual dependent and dependent on quality and ROA in my personal opinion). And this is one of those topics where a little bit of knowledge can be highly damaging and have some long lasting and unintended future consequences.

And while I'm here and on a roll this morning here's a neat site on the topic (it's not pro-suicide i.e. far from it). But there's some really good information and text that's worth a read on the site and on this topic. Some thought provoking input and advice if nothing else.

The success rate of the exit bag is the highest. No method is guaranteed to be foolproof, but it's the most merciful choice. I understand your critique, but you have to think about this from the perspective of the person who 100% wants to die and is going to make it happen. An exit bag that is well secured with a steady flow of inert gas stands a really good chance. It's also the method that provides the person with the LEAST amount of awareness that they are dying. You literally go unconscious without seconds.

I don't know know about media hype. I've never seen an exit bag appear in any popular media. I only learned about from watching a documentary about euthanasia in Australia.

The success rate of the exit bag is the highest. No method is guaranteed to be foolproof, but it's the most merciful choice. I understand your critique, but you have to think about this from the perspective of the person who 100% wants to die and is going to make it happen. An exit bag that is well secured with a steady flow of inert gas stands a really good chance. It's also the method that provides the person with the LEAST amount of awareness that they are dying. You literally go unconscious without seconds.

I don't know know about media hype. I've never seen an exit bag appear in any popular media. I only learned about from watching a documentary about euthanasia in Australia.
Well obviously I cannot talk from experience re: these exit bags otherwise we'd not be having this conversation would be my guess. All I'm saying I guess is that it's not that easy to put the shit together if you're not the handyman type. There's a lot of things to consider e.g. the gas flow rate, amount of gas, even the way the process is begun makes a difference between success and failure. I'm not arguing that it's POSSIBLY the method with the LEAST amount of awareness (well: Nembutal is supposed to be the sort of "gold standard"). But there are failures for sure.

I've seen a few clips taken from MSM on this topic. The good doctor there even used to run a delivery service (delivering gas and all the necessary) caught on camera as the saying goes. Come to think of it: could be the very same documentary where he's shown making a delivery. Needless to say: this whole business of inert gas is where his idea for that pod came from.

My only advice here really is to do you research properly. Unfortunately: there exists only one website (forums) left standing where this type of shit (and detailed failures) can be discussed, by REAL people, and are documented. But for damn sure if I post the link here somebody will lose their shit. That said: if nothing else it's sobering browsing i.e. these are people who are not simply chatting about the topic as we are doing. It makes things very very real in a macabre and uncomfortable way type of thing. This all being said: they play a pivotal role in ensuring that people don't get scammed. But they got in shit because a group of parents lobbied together because one or two little Johnnies got their ideas and method from the site (based purely on the fact that is was the last site to be visited by said little Johnnies that the parents found while looking through browsing history after the fact).

And yep: no method is foolproof. There's people that have survived Nembutal (for a variety of reasons but who would have thought). The irony is that surviving Nembutal comes with no long lasting side-effects or permanent damage. Also a lot of people who have gone down this DIY exit bag route and survived to tell the tale. Not to mention some that have survived heroic doses of Fentanyl (orally ingested or snorted) WITH some preventative measures e.g. copping boatloads of benzodiazepines beforehand.

Anyway. Not much more I can add to the topic at hand. All I can say is that anybody that thinks that it's an easy task is fooling themselves. To make such a decision and then carry it through while at the same time knowing that there exists the possibility of failure, no matter how slight, takes some guts. More than most will have in my opinion.

Unfortunately: it's an unpalatable and uncomfortable topic for most to discuss and debate. Society at large has a default knee-jerk reaction to suicide. Seems to me that unless you're sick, dead, or dying (well let's leave the "dead" part out of that for obvious reasons although that's not strictly fair comment i.e. a person can be "dead" without actually being literally or clinically dead) it's taboo. I think it's a travesty. Dunno if this pod and the attention it's drawing is going to change anything. Maybe it will.

Well obviously I cannot talk from experience re: these exit bags otherwise we'd not be having this conversation would be my guess. All I'm saying I guess is that it's not that easy to put the shit together if you're not the handyman type. There's a lot of things to consider e.g. the gas flow rate, amount of gas, even the way the process is begun makes a difference between success and failure. I'm not arguing that it's POSSIBLY the method with the LEAST amount of awareness (well: Nembutal is supposed to be the sort of "gold standard"). But there are failures for sure.

I've seen a few clips taken from MSM on this topic. The good doctor there even used to run a delivery service (delivering gas and all the necessary) caught on camera as the saying goes. Come to think of it: could be the very same documentary where he's shown making a delivery. Needless to say: this whole business of inert gas is where his idea for that pod came from.

My only advice here really is to do you research properly. Unfortunately: there exists only one website (forums) left standing where this type of shit (and detailed failures) can be discussed, by REAL people, and are documented. But for damn sure if I post the link here somebody will lose their shit. That said: if nothing else it's sobering browsing i.e. these are people who are not simply chatting about the topic as we are doing. It makes things very very real in a macabre and uncomfortable way type of thing. This all being said: they play a pivotal role in ensuring that people don't get scammed. But they got in shit because a group of parents lobbied together because one or two little Johnnies got their ideas and method from the site (based purely on the fact that is was the last site to be visited by said little Johnnies that the parents found while looking through browsing history after the fact).

And yep: no method is foolproof. There's people that have survived Nembutal (for a variety of reasons but who would have thought). The irony is that surviving Nembutal comes with no long lasting side-effects or permanent damage. Also a lot of people who have gone down this DIY exit bag route and survived to tell the tale. Not to mention some that have survived heroic doses of Fentanyl (orally ingested or snorted) WITH some preventative measures e.g. copping boatloads of benzodiazepines beforehand.

Anyway. Not much more I can add to the topic at hand. All I can say is that anybody that thinks that it's an easy task is fooling themselves. To make such a decision and then carry it through while at the same time knowing that there exists the possibility of failure, no matter how slight, takes some guts. More than most will have in my opinion.

Unfortunately: it's an unpalatable and uncomfortable topic for most to discuss and debate. Society at large has a default knee-jerk reaction to suicide. Seems to me that unless you're sick, dead, or dying (well let's leave the "dead" part out of that for obvious reasons although that's not strictly fair comment i.e. a person can be "dead" without actually being literally or clinically dead) it's taboo. I think it's a travesty. Dunno if this pod and the attention it's drawing is going to change anything. Maybe it will.
Would you be willing to DM me the link?

Would you be willing to DM me the link?
Done.

I wouldn't call it casual or easygoing recreational weekend reading that's for fuck sure. Shit gets pretty real there (possibly even surreal). In a strange twist: once somebody actually goes through the nuts and bolts of getting the deed done it can be a deterrent as can botched attempts which are detailed there i.e. if there's even the remotest chance of failure most will not even try.

Last edited:
Done.

I wouldn't call it casual or easygoing recreational weekend reading that's for fuck sure. Shit gets pretty real there (possibly even surreal). In a strange twist: once somebody actually goes through the nuts and bolts of getting the deed done it can be a deterrent as can botched attempts which are detailed there i.e. if there's even the remotest chance of failure most will not even try.
Thank you.

Not strange at all. It makes sense that someone wouldn't want to risk failure and a forced existence worse off than before.

Nobody should be able to experience these kinda pleasures(cocaine, meth, opiates). They tickle the brain in such profound ways and make is delusional to a point where we start to question shit like this. I've never been seriously depressed in my life where it wasn't caused by drugs, the only few times I've harmed myself after some hardcore IV cocaine binges.
It's when you're all beaten up, broken, battered to the point where u contemplate suicide as the way.
This is the part where Entheogens(Mushrooms,DMT, LSD, MDMA, Ketamine) play a huge part and help you rewire/reset your brain to normal state again, where u see the simple things in life and are fascinated by them.
These days just breathing, a cup of tea/coffee and a cigarette while reading a book seem more desirable than a bag of cocaine.
Love is everything boys/gals.
xx

I've never been seriously depressed in my life where it wasn't caused by drugs
It’s different for some of us. I’ve never used anything except booze, weed, and Kratom (one time.) If quitting booze would cure my depression, I’d be sober. I’ve gone as long as 2.5 years without booze and I still wanted to end my life. Chronic pain wears you down.

It’s different for some of us. I’ve never used anything except booze, weed, and Kratom (one time.) If quitting booze would cure my depression, I’d be sober. I’ve gone as long as 2.5 years without booze and I still wanted to end my life. Chronic pain wears you down.
You need to try entheogens then, they seriously slap you in the face and shows you your flaws, the things you doing wrong and should change, etc. Total introspection, they also boost your mood and feel awesome.
Fuck best drugs for depression are ahrooms I swear. God bless these natural substances 💯💫🙏

However you all live - suicide means any usable organs cannot be used to save LIVES. 2 kidneys, maybe a liver, maybe 2 lungs. 2 eyes, 2 cochlea maybe a heart,

So after I felt BAD after getting blown up, I realized it was my duty to sustain my own life as I mightL

Save the lives of 5 people
Give vision back to 2 people.
Give sound back to 2 people.

So 5 saved, 2 have vastly better lives.

And that is what my psychologist told me - it's not 'selfish' because I would harm family and friends but that their might be 5 people who aren't there for birthdays, Christmases or celebrations for DECADES because your suicide robs them off all of that.

Might be someone in your own family.

Also - closest to impossibility.

But in war guys gladly jumped onto grenades to save their company without thinking about it, If you were with 3 mates, would you even THINK about it.
So I was told that MAYBE one friend could have been saved if they had a kidney in stock.... so you might say I feel guilt But live, be a decent person and regardless of faith, you WILL be making the world better. My own take is that when you die, the body pumps out stacks of 5-MeOEDMT and so that last 15 minutes last for what seems like another lifetime.

Just tell family and friends you signed up for this. Even if people go over, keep them breathing if you don't have naloxone.
Sadly nalloxone isn't potent enough so the N-allyl homologue of nalmefene is x6 more potent and cheaper to make. Go one further, a 14-ester will increase potency by 4 and forming methyl ether of the 14 makes it 200x more potent. Onset faster Duration even shorter at a T½ of 4 minutes.

They were made and patented.... but in spite of lower production costs, initial costs are too much.

Right now I'm working out what IS cheapest and safest. Just adding a 14-methoxy to naloxone makes it x200 more potent.
I would be prepared to self-test.

Do you think in Law Abiding Citizen when he said its going to be biblical. He wanted the bomb under him. He was teaching the Attorney a lesson and he did his job. He didn't want to take out the Governor. He wanted them to convict a pedo murderer. I don't make deals w murderers anymore. I'm calculated.

I'm against capital punishment after it was shown that 5% of people executed in the UK (a study over 60 years) were innocent.

Sorry - I'm not prepared to accept murdering 1 in 20 people simply because I seek revenge. Put them in a cell - they have medical emergencies and can give organs to save lives.... so overall, you are likely to save a life.