• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Capital punishment

I Can understand having rape fantasies. Hell they are pretty normal for women. Though the real predators types dont care and just keep doing it till they die or something. No respect for that.

But yeah, some criminal stories are just fascinating. Most fucked up their mental on Lsd and amphetamines, hell i suffered some issues from those drugs too but it didnt make me do evil acts.

I only did lsd + amphetamine once and while it Was super good at the start, i started to fear that my really good friend Was gonna Leave me or something and even cried. Ehh.

Richard chase kinda Fascinates me. Dude totally fucked his psyche up.

A firm no from me. Regardless of the crime.
Killing people to show people that killing people is wrong is the most illogical concept our society ever came up with.

A literal life sentence, absolutely.
Not for punishments sake, just because some aren’t safe to walk among us.
And they should also be subject to intense psychotherapy for the remainder of their lives mandatorily.
To help us understand what makes them tick, identify commonality and hopefully find solutions for those yet to commit a crime but heading in that direction.

i been on LSD + concerta 100 ug + 36 mg i almost fucking died of a heart attack i swear. i went on a crazy manic walk laughing my ass off through public for hours around the mall and in burger king got many strange looks cause i kept laughing so hard. The dude at burger king who served me at the counter told me he wanted to be on whatever drugs i was on haha.

See, I say if you are in favor of the death penalty, why not give heroin and fentanyl as a lethal combo?

Another reason I increasingly feel opposed to the death penalty, it's hard not to look at other pro death penalty types and not come off feeling like I'm obviously on the wrong side.

I mean.. When your side has people saying we should publicly crucify people as an example to others, it can be hard not to think "am I on the wrong side?"

Theocracies kill for less. Communism kills. Capitalism attracts mass killers who then get the DP.

Torturing prisoners for any reason is as much a crime as those that put people in prison in the first place.

I think if you believe in any of those things then you don't believe in human rights. You believe in morally reprehensible acts of human evil and its disgraceful.
Well put, I agree 100%.

This thread is depressing as fuck. I never realised the amount of Bluelighters who would apparently be completely OK with barbaric acts of violence as long as a state-sanctioned justice apparatus deemed the victims of that violence to be guilty and therefore less than human.

The amount of absolutely shameless, blind doublethink and selective ignorance or just sheer thoughtless aggro stupidity in this thread is equally baffling. Everyone bringing up nations with criminally harsh penal systems as an example of how to do things - did you forget that you're just really really fucking lucky to be living somewhere WITHOUT such a harsh legal system, as a user of illegal drugs?!

It's so shortsighted to say oh well in my perfect world drugs would be decriminalised so no problem. Yes, your objective civilised morality which you are lucky enough to have had instilled into you, having grown up in a comparatively liberal and progressive nation, in an era where we recognise the problem with so much senseless barbarism of our distant feudal dark ages, qualifies you as Ubermensch, Real Human, able to see that drug use is not a real crime and rape and murder is... Bravo, well done.

Of course this puts you above all those ahuman, amoral, psychologically damaged operators who were not so lucky, and who have committed horrific acts - and therefore deserve to have the same or worse inflicted upon them, but when you do it, oh, then it's OK, nevermind the fact that the very desire to do these things, in any context, is just a lower key, fortuitously sanitised and socially acceptable version of the exact same dark but still, very very human impulses that lead people to commit abhorrent crimes.

I realise this is a difficult position to be arguing in favour of this vague, nameless group of extremely hateworthy criminals, but... Christ, this shit has driven me to it. Should be fairly obvious who I'm mostly talking to above. Fuck it I'll say it, @TripSitterNZ.

In my experience those who support it are generally people who don’t quite fit into society very well. They are often bitter, angry, and disaffected about many things. Often about their own place in the world. Their support often seems to be about making the world a bit more of a brutal or darker place to match up with what’s really inside them for some reason.
Also very very true, sad to say.

It's the whole bible says eye for an eye. And that transponded into a policy of the state. Gotta keep church and state separate.

What bible are you reading? An eye for an eye stopped the moment Jesus was crucified and let us know His father was now all about forgiveness and redemption.

It’s like no-one in America has ever read the New Testament.

I'm almost scared to put my hand up in class here again... :unsure:

I'm just putting this out there:

You do know there's a school of thought that religion gets its morality from us as people as opposed to the other way around?

And those that subscribe to the above notion also subscribe to the notion that if we, as a species, didn't have an innate sense of morality, especially when it comes to something like killing another human being, then we would not have survived. Bearing in mind that organized religion is not that old relatively speaking.
I think that makes a lot of sense. It seems to be common in many species that an individual does not randomly attack another. Where there is intra-species violence it’s the usually explainable and connected to reproduction.

That said, there is inexplicable violence in some other primates.

Jesus. Don't go there with the animals! Just this year alone: mother fucker pieces of shit putting firecrackers in the mouths of dogs or tying to their tales for fun! Fucking horrific images!

If I found somebody doing that to a dog: it would take them ten years to die by my hand! Fuck Fentanyl and/or basic human rights!
Well, d-d-d-damn! I love animals, too, but that's a bit much even for me. If someone puts a firecracker in a dog's mouth, an m80 in the mouth should be their punishment.

Well, d-d-d-damn! I love animals, too, but that's a bit much even for me. If someone puts a firecracker in a dog's mouth, an m80 in the mouth should be their punishment.
Hell yeah.
The punishment should fit the crime.
For example rapists and pedophiles, people who torture and kill animals, you know the SICK WRONG UNS, should not be in the same prison and have the same privileges as drug/driving/fraudulent offendors, or someone who is in for a 'violent' crime - but its just a adult male vs adult male fight... Whereas an adult male beating a kid or a woman should be treated different imo.
If you can't agree with that @JessFR then well i dont know what to think of you.
You're literally saying someone who rapes and kills multiple kids should be sharing a cell with someone in jail for 3 speeding tickets or not paying parking tickets?
I suppose you might not agree.
We already know you're unreasonable as you dont like abortions 😝