• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can't sleep and need a recommendation for a strong sleeping medication

If you can get a script for flexeril, give it a try. It's a muscle relaxer and technically a TCA. This shit can knock people out hard.
So can Hydroxizine. It's like benedryl, but way stronger. It's like an alternative to benzos for some. If I took just one of these, I felt like a zombie the entire next day.

Combine any of these with melatonin and you're out. Just like, 1mg of melatonin knocks me more than ambien has. I've taken 10mg melatonin tablets that didn't seem to do much, but I have gummies that are 2.5 per gummy and I just eat like a chunk off.

Passionflower and chamomile are also good. I have these in tea each night. I've got a liquid passionflower extract that I put in the tea.

Doxylamine
I miss you! @Painful One you are ok?
Write me something, Im blue these 2 days out. Now Im working,well Im at work, but I only listen to music and reading some posts from bluelight.org...I'm feeling WD symptoms of methadone. My last dose was 3 days ago.
I dropped 100mg on the flor in a stupid movement. And things at work are going wrong...though I made a mistake and now I dont know If I will continue next month...I'm anxious, fuck I need my methadone❤️
Send u my love darling

I’ve heard many docs, including my own, swear by a much lower dose of melatonin vs higher ones. 1-3 mg is really more of what you need to naturally fall asleep plus putting away phones/tablets and turning the TV off. Spend 30 minutes relaxing with a normal bedtime routine and that small melatonin dose should work wonders. YMMV though. I know for a fact it helped my daughter big time and she was very difficult when trying to get to sleep on time. I thought 5 or even 10 mg melatonin should definitely do it, but nope, just the opposite—much lower dose. Plus take it an hour or 2 before you actually plan to sleep so you’ll feel naturally tired by then.

Last edited:
Non-Benzo's I have tried:

Zopiclone - 8/10
Thorazine - 4/10
Quetiapine - 7/10
Trazodone - 7/10
Any of the sedating anti-histamines - 3/10 [they work for a lot of people but they're way too subtle for me]
Zolpidem - 5/10 (works very well to INDUCE sleep but I wake up like 4-5 hours later so the duration lowers the score)
Olanzapine - 7/10
Codeine - 0/10 (not only did it not help me sleep, I went into borderline-anaphylaxis and spent two days in hospital)
Soma - -7/10 (had an odd reaction of SHEER RAGE)
Phenobarbital - 8/10 (pure bliss)
nice script! Well done @ChemicallyEnhanced
I'd love to try Phenobarbital but very difficult acces in my country.
Send u 💯❤️

I miss you! @Painful One you are ok?
Write me something, Im blue these 2 days out. Now Im working,well Im at work, but I only listen to music and reading some posts from bluelight.org...I'm feeling WD symptoms of methadone. My last dose was 3 days ago.
I dropped 100mg on the flor in a stupid movement. And things at work are going wrong...though I made a mistake and now I dont know If I will continue next month...I'm anxious, fuck I need my methadone❤️
Send u my love darling
Ah, sweetheart, I miss you too.
I am so sorry that you spilled your Methadone. I did the same thing with a little bit of my morphine by accident, a few months ago.
It was like “NOoooooooo”.
I am so sorry to hear you are in withdrawal. And that now it caused you to make a mistake at your work, I know you were really liking that work.
Can you take a day off and go get your medicine situation cleared up?
It would be better to take a day off and go talk to your doctor, or the methadone clinic, wherever you go.
I know that is not ideal but it would be better than continuing to make mistakes due to feeling so bad.

Sending you hugs and lots of love.
This too will pass.
Hang in there, Love.
Sending prayers for you.

Let me know how you are doing. That is some major withdrawal.
I am so sorry that you are enduring that.
If worst comes to worse, get yourself some Kratom and- or Loperamide.
It does help.

Sending you love!
P.O.
❤️

I've tried Abilify and other antipsychotics they don't really do the trick for me I was thinking that sense of my history of being on narcotic medications and other non-benzos and Z-Type drugs or not the best route for me as I've tried and abundance of different ones I was thinking something more of a medication in the barbiturate family I know they have a long history of being great for insomnia or some type of benzodiazepine that possibly would be a good route to treat my insomnia. But I will check into that as I think I'm not familiar with that medication I know it's an anti-psychotic but I don't think those work too well for me I've been on ketamine therapy daily for The Last 5 Years and it works good for my anxiety depression PTSD and helps with pain occasionally but sometimes I cannot afford my medication cuz insurance doesn't cover it. At first helped with insomnia but after a few years of developing a tolerance it suddenly wasn't the best thing for me for sleep . But I went through my formulary for my insurance coverage and they do cover certain barbiturate medications but I want to make sure I do some research on a few medications and get a couple recommendations on this form before going into my doctor to explain to him why that might be a good route but if if you have any other ideas in the realm of narcotic medication or strong medications like somas but meant for sleep I'd be very interested in that as trying to learn more about medications designed for insomnia. But thank you for your advice I definitely will look more into that and possibly give it a chance. I've even tried homeopathic medication similar to melatonin and melatonin in itself and even at 80 mg of melatonin it wasn't really doing the trick of helping me get to sleep. I do notice when I do get to sleep whether it's one or two days or even 3 days after that I start feeling a groggy affect when I'm waking up which isn't what I'm looking for I'm trying to find a medication that's fast acting and has a short to long-acting affecting the body so I could get to sleep feel rested and continue on with my day.
Ability causes restlessness insomnia and anxiety it is designed to keep your weight down on other non weight neutral antipsychotics. That wont get you to sleep. If in aus mogadon 5-10mg or Oxazepam 30-60mg or in the state bromazepam

I have massive insomnia for 5 plus years even while on 2.5mg per day clonazepam.

Went through all SSRI's/SSNRIs almost, tried 150mg of trazadone, from day one slept on average, 9h per night since.

It doesnt make me tired either. But if I lay down and close my eyes, I'm out within 5 to 10 minutes.

Downside is, despite working out daily, eating healthy and doing cardio, I went from 179lbs to 193lbs within a month

I mean taking meds to sleep means you will need more meds to sleep in the future
I think you should learn to do that yourself again. Train yourself, don't let meds do the work and end up with a completely fucked sleep cycle

one of my best friends has been doing this for 16+ years, and I can tell you, he doesn't sleep well, even with medication now

You are on a lot of meds. Taking more for your sleep, if it did help, won’t help for long.

You need to look at your sleep hygiene and evening time routine, along with a 2mg slow release melatonin tablet you should have no problem sleeping.

Don’t take coffee/caffeine/adderall late in the day. Have a wind down routine like having a nice hot shower/bath, read a book, meditate, no blue light screens (these interfere with your melatonin). Lavender helps with sleep and having some oil under your pillow or using one of the new sleep sprays is a good idea.

Can this take a while to work? Yes it can and you must be diligent with it but it will work and you will have a natural sleep which is far better for you.

I also have chronic pain and I do not need anything for sleep at night, as soon as I start my routine my body naturally gets tired and I’m out, even smelling lavender during the day can make me sleepy due to how I’ve conditioned myself.

Edit to add: melatonin is short term prescription, you should not need it after having a few weeks of restful sleep and you should taper off it. (For those wondering, it doesn’t need tapered but I tend to find tapering off it has better results, could be placebo affect.)

nice script! Well done @ChemicallyEnhanced
I'd love to try Phenobarbital but very difficult acces in my country.
Send u 💯❤️
Well as sure as the sun sets in the east they did not only (NOT)give me my medication but actually admitted they couldn't treat me because of how much I'm on and not really the quantity of pain meds just the fact of the amount of Xanax that's labeled ((as needed)) and is not even in my system because I take it so little and try to minimize my intake of it as much as I can and save it even though my absorption rate for all medications is pretty much half a normal persons and when I do absorb something and metabolizes abnormally fast. (<I think it's called c750 geene error what's makes it harder for me to get the full amount of these meds.>)
But anyways I didn't get crap they did notice spasms in my spine I honestly should just take in the muscle relaxers they wanted to give to me in the meantime while waiting for my PCP to refer me out to somebody else and also prescribing me my next month's of Dilaudid and Opana but I thought it would be easier for them to tell the PCP the prescribed that as well that way I don't have to explain it to the next pain management doctor why there's another doctors name on my record on top or the 4 or 5 different doctors in my doj records I can get around it now but I don't know who's actually going to listen sometimes they really really get pissy about that😂 lol I'm so used to this I'm not even worried this is why I have saved up Suboxone from someone I know just in case anything happens.

they did not only (NOT)give me my medication but actually admitted they couldn't treat me
Fuck system!🤬
Only you know what do you need or not...I know you will have your painful meds by the other way...And wtfuck they can treat you!?
Stupid doctors!!
I have one question, whats the meaning of to get pissy about. I search it in World reference, its a massive translator and it doesnt appear.lol!
write me whenever you want Frankiescloud
Send u love
I'll be waiting for your posts
Thanks for your reply gyal, I appreciate it and gives me a push, in my lonely days...

I know somebody who has had lifelong sleep problems due to trauma. If she isn't medicated, she will stay awake forever and go crazy. When I first knew her, she combined 4 or 5 different drugs, including 10mg of melatonin, abalone pills, smoked cannabis, zopiclone, benzos, etc.

After years of dealing with all these drugs, she finally procured a long-term street source of Rohypnol, and now she literally rufies herself every night. It's pretty radical, but she has replaced all those other drugs with that one.

Honestly, in her case, I don't see what else she could do at this point.

This is all to say... if your mechanism for falling asleep is that bad, you're probably going to have to start combining drugs, under a professional's care. Single drugs are probably not going to do it.

"Can't sleep and need a recommendation for a strong sleeping medication"
i would almost bet (not a gambler) that bromazolam would be worth a try. just an opinion of course use it in very small increments less than .05mg at start. as needed. problem seems to be heat related as well as solved. if heat before use the efficacy ramps - just from personal experience) lots we dont know about this but the swiis got this right (for some purposes)
it has helped me a lot in this area. fwiw
should be brought back to laboratory at this instance. who do we call?
waz gonna leave a link but seems info has been "cleaned"
not bl related just saying,,,,
<3

If you can get a script for flexeril, give it a try. It's a muscle relaxer and technically a TCA. This shit can knock people out hard.
Cyclobenzaprine stops working after around 3 weeks. UP the dose does nothing.
Better than diazepam imo but not a sustainable option for long term in my experience. It just stooped workin ime and others.
Start off link

I know you take benzos but when i combine a benzo with like 10 mg of amitryptiline it's lights out. Strong synergistic effect. Start out dosing low on the benzo though to find the right dose...you should be able to use less of the benzo

25mg Amitriptyline meanwhile doesn't sedate me at all, but flexeril would wreck me even if I took it for weeks on end. I was prescribed this alongside Prozac at one point because Prozac was causing me to grind my teeth incessantly, and still after 1 month, 10mg of Flexeril hadn't built any tolerance. I eventually just dropped Prozac and went on Amitriptyline. Strange how different peoples bodies can react to drugs, even 2 Ami's won't sedate me at all or synergize with anything. Although it does generally potentiate tryptamine psychedelics.

Reactions: CFC
Strange how different peoples bodies can react to drugs, even 2 Ami's won't sedate me at all or synergize with anything. Although it does generally potentiate tryptamine psychedelics.

First 10mg dose of Amitryptyline I ever took knocked me out cold and made me sleep/tired for 48 hours. From that point onwards, however, that same dose or higher doses only cause insomnia. Go figure!

I've always been interested in this one called quazepam ("Doral"). I've never known anyone to get prescribed it though and it seems like kind of a rare/obscure one. Reading about it online kind of made me interested in trying it though.