• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can't sleep and need a recommendation for a strong sleeping medication

FrankiesCloud

Bluelighter
So I've tried Lunesta, Ambien, Xanax Klonopin, Valium, Trazodone 200 mg and a few different other narcotic and non-narcotic medications. I find none of them working for getting me to sleep staying asleep isn't really an issue I don't mind if I get three to six hours of sleep that's more than enough for me but my sleep schedule is so fucked I cannot even keep up with daily tasks and have a steady routine I already suffer from chronic pain from a multitude of different spinal cord injuries and other health conditions and I just want to get some sleep I've been having insomnia for the majority of my life and to say it's been challenging as an understatement. My question is if anybody can recommend a sleeping medication that is very strong and that is fast acting? I was doing some research and I hear barbiturates or a good option but are very hard to get a prescription for a barbiturate nowadays or a very strong benzodiazepine but I already have a tolerance to benzodiazepines I currently take up to 6 mg of Xanax everyday as well as different pain medications I rotate from morphine 30 mg and Opana IR 10 mg to Opana 10mg ir and dilaudid IR 8 mg I'm aware of the respiratory failure that comes with mixing benzodiazepines and opioids but I seem to not have a problem with that with proper management and spacing them apart my pulse ox is usually between 96 and 99 while taking both so I might have a metabolism problem where am I getting the full effects of my medication or my body can just handle it and I've been on both opioids and benzodiazepines for 10 years. If you've been in a similar situation or also suffer from insomnia and have any recommendations on what I should take or ask for I would really appreciate it as I am freaking exhausted with no sleep. Hoping someone has a good recommendation.

Quetiapine knocks me the fuck out.
I've tried Abilify and other antipsychotics they don't really do the trick for me I was thinking that sense of my history of being on narcotic medications and other non-benzos and Z-Type drugs or not the best route for me as I've tried and abundance of different ones I was thinking something more of a medication in the barbiturate family I know they have a long history of being great for insomnia or some type of benzodiazepine that possibly would be a good route to treat my insomnia. But I will check into that as I think I'm not familiar with that medication I know it's an anti-psychotic but I don't think those work too well for me I've been on ketamine therapy daily for The Last 5 Years and it works good for my anxiety depression PTSD and helps with pain occasionally but sometimes I cannot afford my medication cuz insurance doesn't cover it. At first helped with insomnia but after a few years of developing a tolerance it suddenly wasn't the best thing for me for sleep . But I went through my formulary for my insurance coverage and they do cover certain barbiturate medications but I want to make sure I do some research on a few medications and get a couple recommendations on this form before going into my doctor to explain to him why that might be a good route but if if you have any other ideas in the realm of narcotic medication or strong medications like somas but meant for sleep I'd be very interested in that as trying to learn more about medications designed for insomnia. But thank you for your advice I definitely will look more into that and possibly give it a chance. I've even tried homeopathic medication similar to melatonin and melatonin in itself and even at 80 mg of melatonin it wasn't really doing the trick of helping me get to sleep. I do notice when I do get to sleep whether it's one or two days or even 3 days after that I start feeling a groggy affect when I'm waking up which isn't what I'm looking for I'm trying to find a medication that's fast acting and has a short to long-acting affecting the body so I could get to sleep feel rested and continue on with my day.

The first 5 medications in your first post should have been helpful. They are pretty strong and if you couldn't sleep while taking those I'm not real sure there is much left. I get why you wouldn't want to take AP's for sleep as they aren't designed as sleep meds but benzos and Z drugs certainly are.

A fast acting drug for sleep COULD be Kratom ( Red strains ) and a dose of 7 grams sends me off to dreamland quite nicely. Albeit I quit other drugs and have zero tolerance to pharmaceuticals. So Kratom is all I take but it still works quite nicely even after 3 years of nightly use.

Pretty sure no Dr. will prescribe you barbiturates. They were discontinued for sleep issues years ago. That's why you were prescribed the Z drugs and the benzos. Soma will work well too but those are hard to get as well unless you have MS or other neurological diseases as they are prescribed for heavy muscle spasms.

Benzos and Z drugs are your best option and if you can't sleep on those you may have to figure out why strong hypnotics aren't working for you. What kind of tolerance do you have to these drugs and how long have you been taking them?

A barbiturate such as phenobarbital or amobarbital may well help you ; the trouble with these medications is that while they are used to treat insomnia among other things, they're really only effective for insomnia in the short term. So they'll stop working and you're still sitting there with your insomnia. You clearly have a long-standing problem which needs a long-term solution. Do you have access to a sleep clinic -?

If you are desesperate, easy to be if you can't sleep, you can look for a med called levomepromazine, brand names Sinogan , Nozinan and others.
It is an old neuroleptyc and it has a lot of bad effects, including the most dry mouth you could think of, icredible feeling of being retarded and more.
But the stuff is very potent and it works for sleep.
I remember it in 25 and 100 mgs. Only used it in serious wds when the relief of an hours of sleep would worth the terrible downsides
Nasty but strong med for sure.

Mirtazapine is strongest I have ever done in practical sense. It is not fastest out there but seems to be absorbed pretty fast. I've taken down panic attack in 15 minutes by 30 mg orally.

High-dose GHB is also highly effective but sometimes I've had to wank and puke first, not easiest drug to use like pharmaceutical.

I find zopiclone, as opposed to the non-sedating (for me) zolpidem/Ambien walrus to be a very good sleep aid which knocks one out readily within half an hour or so. Side effect is a horribly bitter metallic taste which lasts well into the next morning. And possibly addiction if used for too long like with sby GABAergic drugs but I was getting it prescribed for three months and had no problems stopping.

The first 5 medications in your first post should have been helpful. They are pretty strong and if you couldn't sleep while taking those I'm not real sure there is much left. I get why you wouldn't want to take AP's for sleep as they aren't designed as sleep meds but benzos and Z drugs certainly are.

A fast acting drug for sleep COULD be Kratom ( Red strains ) and a dose of 7 grams sends me off to dreamland quite nicely. Albeit I quit other drugs and have zero tolerance to pharmaceuticals. So Kratom is all I take but it still works quite nicely even after 3 years of nightly use.

Pretty sure no Dr. will prescribe you barbiturates. They were discontinued for sleep issues years ago. That's why you were prescribed the Z drugs and the benzos. Soma will work well too but those are hard to get as well unless you have MS or other neurological diseases as they are prescribed for heavy muscle spasms.

Benzos and Z drugs are your best option and if you can't sleep on those you may have to figure out why strong hypnotics aren't working for you. What kind of tolerance do you have to these drugs and how long have you been taking them?
I would say the benzo or z-drug dose just ain't high enough. I understand upping the dose isn't very HR, but some people just have naturally high tolerance to sedative-hypnotics. Myself, 1mg Lorazepam has never done anything for me even when zero tolerance. Yet if I'm not in withdrawal, they still won't give me 2mg. Which I need to get anxiolysis and muscle relaxation. I still won't sleep unless I get a shot of haldol. So, if OP is sticking to what the Dr ordered, I can see how he's not sleeping.

Yuo should look into Zanaflex/sirdalud (tizinatide). I know very well it's a muscle relaxant but it puts me to sleep like no one else, actually, it's (subjectively) better than any sleeping pill. The only dowside is that it only lasts 4-6h. So you end up wakin in the middle of the night and will have to redose to be able to sleep till the morning.

I would say the benzo or z-drug dose just ain't high enough. I understand upping the dose isn't very HR, but some people just have naturally high tolerance to sedative-hypnotics. Myself, 1mg Lorazepam has never done anything for me even when zero tolerance. Yet if I'm not in withdrawal, they still won't give me 2mg. Which I need to get anxiolysis and muscle relaxation. I still won't sleep unless I get a shot of haldol. So, if OP is sticking to what the Dr ordered, I can see how he's not sleeping.
True that. OP doesn't specify the mgs. per script he is taking. Could be that just more is needed. I always needed a bit more myself even with no tolerance. And yeah, I also needed 2 mgs of a benzo ( xanax or loraz ) as 1 mg. wasn't enough.

Yuo should look into Zanaflex/sirdalud (tizinatide). I know very well it's a muscle relaxant but it puts me to sleep like no one else, actually, it's (subjectively) better than any sleeping pill. The only dowside is that it only lasts 4-6h. So you end up wakin in the middle of the night and will have to redose to be able to sleep till the morning.
For something lighter than seroquel I’ll take 4 mg of tizinadine and 100 mg of hydroxyzine and I’ll be sleeping in 30 minutes,totally agree that it doesn’t last long but I’m usually still craggy enough to go right back to sleep

I took a combo that Gave a punch and I fall asllep.
ETUMINE 40MG
QUETIAPINE 200MG
LORQZEPAM 10G
LYRICA 150MG
try to find if they are in your country.
Lots of💜💊💊💊💊💊😝😝🚀🚀🚀

I took a combo that Gave a punch and I fall asllep.
ETUMINE 40MG
QUETIAPINE 200MG
LORQZEPAM 10G
LYRICA 150MG
try to find if they are in your country.
Lots of💜💊💊💊💊💊😝😝🚀🚀🚀
Did you do 10 mgs of lormetazepam? Like Noctamid?
That's a lot, mate. Specially in combo with all those other meds. I think you are on methadone also? Careful, man.
And you ask about IVing benzos... bad idea, to be honest. I have had diazepam, clorazepate and lorazepam ampoules, nothing to write home about.
If you absolutely will inject pills, micron filters are a must. In Spain they are called " filtros de membrana para inyección" or just " filtros para jeringa". As far as I know, they don't have them at the average pharmacy, you will need to look in internet. They aren't cheap, but injecting pills without them could become more expensive for you in the long run.

Cuídate y sé prudente👍

Hi Brother!
Thanks for ypur reply. And don't worry about me I have an enourmous tolerance, to opioids and to benzos. You know If I want a can stay wooking up If I want. They rocks in the begining but got down after a couple of weeks or months depending of the person.
well today Im totally druggeD so I'll finish quickly because writing is not eàsy for me.

Stay weellbeing and sober if you want
💜❤️🧡💜❤️🧡🍺🍺💊💊💊💊❤️💚🧡💜

Your list seems GABA based.

For me effective sleep aids were anti-histamines.

Promethazine at high dose (75 mg).

Mirtazapine.

GABA hypnotics never did anything for me either, zopiclone, lunesta, etc etc.