• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't get high on codeine anymore & I don't think it's tolerance (strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemhead

Greenlighter
So I've been addicted to codeine since several years. Last year I quit cold turkey for over a week & when I relapsed, I was not able to get high. Zero euphoria. But I still went on abusing codeine even though I wasn't getting high for about cmtwo weeks during which time I felt nothing. Then I did 2mg bupe, waited for about 72 hours and started doing codeine again. This time I was high AF and I felt euphoria like I used to. I don't think so it's the tolerance. I do 600mg - 800mg everyday, it's a syrup mixed with CPM. Another thing I've read is CPM in high doses is not fun, well one bottle of this cough syrup has 80mg CPM and 200 mg codeine, I do 3-4 bottles which is a lot of CPM and I haven't had any bad trip. I also smoke weed everyday.
Last week, I quit again just for 2 days, then when I did it on the third day, I felt nothing at all. No euphoria just like last year. I thought it was the tolerance and I've done upto 600mg in one shot & I felt absolutely nothing. So yesterday I took 2 mg buprenorphine. I'm waiting for 72 hours to try codeine & I think it's going to get me high.
Is buprenorphine resetting my tolerance?

I'm going to leave this open buddy, but nobody here is going to be able to quantify exactly what is going on in your body that is causing this effect. There are far too many variables. If we put on a pot of coffee and researched all through the night, with a complete workup of your physical condition, we would arrive at something resembling an educated guess.

I understand you're new, but we really do not like threads that have an objective solely dedicated to recreational use. I know that it can get a little bit confusing, but we are dedicated to helping folks who have decided to use drugs, do so safely. Philosophically, we aren't here to help you get higher, just to keep you safe. Figuring out why you don't feel a certain way is going to be a personal quest.

I'm leaving this open, because I feel that given Codeine's confusing pharmacokinetics, it could be useful to have someone knowledgable on the subject comment. Codeine is an Opioid and although it is relatively weak, it can still kill, just like any other Opioid.

I'm going to leave this open buddy, but nobody here is going to be able to quantify exactly what is going on in your body that is causing this effect. There are far too many variables. If we put on a pot of coffee and researched all through the night, with a complete workup of your physical condition, we would arrive at something resembling an educated guess.

I understand you're new, but we really do not like threads that have an objective solely dedicated to recreational use. I know that it can get a little bit confusing, but we are dedicated to helping folks who have decided to use drugs, do so safely. Philosophically, we aren't here to help you get higher, just to keep you safe. Figuring out why you don't feel a certain way is going to be a personal quest.

I'm leaving this open, because I feel that given Codeine's confusing pharmacokinetics, it could be useful to have someone knowledgable on the subject comment. Codeine is an Opioid and although it is relatively weak, it can still kill, just like any other Opioid.

That. Even if we all decided to become experts of opioids, and neuropharmacology and the complexities of a drug that produces multi active, and inactive metabolites, we would at best have a theory that could never be proven and would waste our time. Not trying to be rude, but the irony s that with that much CPH soaking your liver, I you have any functional CYP2D 6 left to convert that codiene into the morphine so many of us enjoy And that much CPH IS REALLY bad for you - and your not getting high, probably because of the antihistamine, all although with that much codiene it's secondary metabolite CG3 should be having an effect- good luck getting any morphine, though- CPH again clogs the 2D enzymes necessary for morphine conversion

I don't like these posts, and WOULD really like to close it, as Keif said multiple experts drinking coffee would give at best an educated guess- and no, buprenorphine won't reset tolerance, it is FAR more potent than Codiene

I'm closing this most likely, since no one else has contributed- Keif is like my liutenent or something, although I have discretion- we aren't here to get you as high as possible or answer questions that can't really be answered; So I am closing this, I hope it doesn't piss Keif off

Feel free to PM me or Keif OP- Wish you luck

Status
Not open for further replies.