• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cannibal killer who ate woman’s face had been hooked on drugs since a young boy

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
db68afd1ba698bb810f2a2d3938615cc

A CANNIBAL who ate the face of a young woman was freed from prison just two weeks earlier with a serious drug problem, an investigation has revealed.

Matthew Williams, 34, was high when he lured shop assistant Cerys Yemm to his hotel room and attacked her — eating her eyeball and half her face as she screamed for help, The Sun reports.

Ms Yemm, 22, was pronounced dead at the Sirhowy Arms hotel in Argoed, near Caerphilly, South Wales, after a police officer broke through the door and tasered Williams.

49e101a33a22547061b472d588dcdadf

Williams was out of jail on licence from a five-year prison sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend at the time of the horror attack.

He was staying in the B&B frequented by paedophiles and sex-offenders.

A Health Care Inspectorate Wales probe found it was “difficult” to see how health or probation services could have prevented the tragic incident.

Records revealed that Williams had been hooked on drugs since the age of nine and was diagnosed a schizophrenic in 2004.

Pals told how Williams bought Ms Yemm a drink then he invited her back to the hotel saying he would get her a cab home in November 2014.

It’s then thought he persuaded her to come up to his room — before launching his horrific attack.

Local resident Lyn Beasley said at the time: “He went Hannibal Lecter on the woman, he gouged her eyeballs out, ate them and ate half her face.

“He had just been released from prison and was high on coke.”

Williams died after he was tasered by cops.

Cerys’s father Dean Yemm said: “The only victim in this case was Cerys — a fact we feel has been lost.”

Source: http://www.news.com.au/world/europe...y/news-story/cc5c9079326b2179522e060b9bacd18f

I never knew coke could trigger this? Maybe it was synthetic stuff?

Either way who the hell in their right mind thinks it's an awesome idea once being in a slammer for years to gouge out someone eyes for the hell of it.

Someone should gouge out his and leave him in isolation till he dies dropping food at random spots around the cell when its feeding time.

I think I rember this and I think it was mephedron and he had just done a shot of that junk. I also think the woman went back to the room to partake also. Gruesome stuff.

I don't really know how big a role the drugs played in this.
Most people who take coke (or anything, actually) don't end up eating a woman's face.
I attribute this to his psychological condition(s) and the fact that most prisons are focused on punishment rather than rehabilitation and education.

Must have been a different one that was very similar that I remember. Mixing stimulants with schizophrenia produces about the worst results possible. I agree with slim on the criminal justice system and substance and mental health "treatment."

Mixing mental illness and drugs is often a bad idea e.g. even with cannabis.
But I see the mental illness as the root of the problem, maybe with a background based on social stigma about mental illness, lack of drug education so that the mentally ill know not to take drugs, the person's upbringing, etc.
To me, at least, this makes the most sense as far as assigning the blame for horrific events like this one.

^^^^ What he said.

I doubt drugs had anything to do with this. It was just media hype to make a great headline. He probably was high. He may of started doing drugs at 9, which means like many of us, he was a f---d up individual. (I am, but not like that haha, but we all do dope for some reason inside, right?) I think he could have been sober though, and he still would have gone all Hannibal Lecter on her ass, but that is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions....:p

I think I rember this and I think it was mephedron and he had just done a shot of that junk. I also think the woman went back to the room to partake also. Gruesome stuff.

I use Mephedrone and at times in large quantities, so do a lot of my friends and thousands of other people. The only thing I think about eating when high on Mephedrone is more Mephedrone.

Please refrain from playing in to propaganda

I use Mephedrone and at times in large quantities, so do a lot of my friends and thousands of other people. The only thing I think about eating when high on Mephedrone is more Mephedrone.

Please refrain from playing in to propaganda

That is you. Drugs don't do different things to different people.