Assignment Cannabis and the munchies project

Seanjbeard

Greenlighter
Hi, my name is Sean and I'm a third year university student at the University of Liverpool, currently doing my dissertation on cannabis and the munchies for my Psychology course. The title of the study is 'indices of cannabis use, motivations to use and effects on appetite'. Essentially, it is a short (roughly 10 minute survey) involving questions about cannabis use and how it affects appetite, fully anonymous. The study has received ethical approval from the universities ethics board and the information sheet and debrief both contain contact details of the lead researcher should you need it, my email is also [email protected] if you have any further questions.

I ask that anyone who completes it is 18 years or above, lives within the EU, UK, USA or Canada and has used cannabis at least once in the last 6 months.

If anyone is interested in completing it that would be greatly appreciated, the link is:

https://livpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a340dAwQ5LBzwto

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Finished. Very obviously UK based. Especially when asking what type of cannabis product is most used. “Skunk” seems to be slang over there for strong indoor cannabis. Skunk is a strain not a way of growing, nor does indoor growing mean that it’ll be better than outdoor. (Maybe in your location but not in places with better climates.)

Also didn’t like how biased it felt to be looking for a connection between cannabis use and “fitting in.” While I’m sure it happens, maybe for teenagers, it doesn’t reflect the reality of most cannabis users and how they conduct themselves. Feels more telling of how the researcher/s perceive these users than anything else.

-GC

Hi, I'm a third year university student currently doing my dissertation on cannabis and the munchies. It is a short (roughly 10 minute survey) involving questions about cannabis use and how it affects appetite, fully anonymous.

If anyone is interested in completing it that would be greatly appreciated, the link is:

https://livpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a340dAwQ5LBzwto

Thankyou.
Hey there, welcome to the drug studies forum, it would be great if you could read this info and include a bit more info for participants who you would like to take part. Obviously you need to add who this is targeted to, is it US, worldwide or just UK for example.

Any questions feel free to ask or DM myself or one of the forum mods.

Finished. Very obviously UK based. Especially when asking what type of cannabis product is most used. “Skunk” seems to be slang over there for strong indoor cannabis. Skunk is a strain not a way of growing, nor does indoor growing mean that it’ll be better than outdoor. (Maybe in your location but not in places with better climates.)

Also didn’t like how biased it felt to be looking for a connection between cannabis use and “fitting in.” While I’m sure it happens, maybe for teenagers, it doesn’t reflect the reality of most cannabis users and how they conduct themselves. Feels more telling of how the researcher/s perceive these users than anything else.

-GC
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The actual questions weren't created by me unfortunately and it is more of an expansion of a previous study, using pre-validated questionnaires for time purposes.

Hey there, welcome to the drug studies forum, it would be great if you could read this info and include a bit more info for participants who you would like to take part. Obviously you need to add who this is targeted to, is it US, worldwide or just UK for example.

Any questions feel free to ask or DM myself or one of the forum mods.

Thanks, I will update it!

Last edited:
Will email OP about loading issue.
Does not load for me either directly or through VPN or proxy.
Just a spinning blue half-arc through infinity.
Maybe it'll work on phone....
Edit: Will not load on phone either. Maybe server is having issues or overwhelmed with responders.
Will try again later.

Word.
Thankyou for trying, although I'm not sure why it won't load. It definitely shouldn't be overwhelmed with responders and the link seems to still work for me which is strange.

Thankyou for trying, although I'm not sure why it won't load. It definitely shouldn't be overwhelmed with responders and the link seems to still work for me which is strange.
just tried it and its loaded getting on it to get the deed done.
peace

done

Last edited:
Done.. easy painless survey.

@Seanjbeard Are you incorporating a weight/height body mass index Into your data?

Edit: removed my opinion

Last edited: