View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cannabis a Dissociative?

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Cannabis can be considered many things, according to erowid and other sources: A stimulant, a depressant, a psychedelic, an intoxicant.

But can it also be considered a dissociative? I've felt kinda dissociated on it many times.

I also feel dissociative-style effects on it, especially back when I was first starting to use it. If salvia can be considered dissociative (and it certainly is) even though there is no NDMA antagonism, but rather kappa opioid agonism, then CB1/2 agonism causing those effects should be considered in the same way.

Of course cannabis just has some aspects of the high that are dissociative. I wouldn't consider it a dissociative drug, whereas I do consider salvia a dissociative drug.

I have even seen some people discuss it as a delirant, you can search some threads on this on other forums, and I came to search this myself because I feel high dosage edibles have deliriant effects for me, cannabis is tricky in that it has a lot of effects and can be classified in many ways, I can see why you see it as a dissociative but ive never had effects like that from weed, that goes to show you how crazy it is that it affects everyone differently.

When I tried synth cannabinoids I for sure felt some dissociative-esque effects from some of them, and there is at least one where the "unnatural" isomer is a NMDA antagonist (afair HU-xxx). Also I'd agree with that cannabis (which I don't use anymore cause I don't tolerate it) can be dissociative, yet in a dysphoric & anxiogenic way and very differently so than say methoxetamine, ketamine which have a lovely, anxiolytic and euphoric type of dissociation, to me at least.