PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candyflip - What the fuck happened?

coldlcm

Greenlighter
Candyflip - What happened?

Hey all,

This NY I candyflipped for the first time and it was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced, till about hour 6.
I dosed as following:

Start: 110ug LSD
+2:30h: 80mg MDMA
+4:00h: 50mg MDMA
+5:30h: 50mg MDMA
+6:00h: Fat joint
+7:00h: 50mg MDMA
+8:00h: 50mg MDMA

Everything was lab tested and dosed with scale.
Around the 6 hour mark things started to get weird, I thought for days how I could best explain it.
Besides the very weird time distortion (5 mins felt about an hour), my memory started to get very fucked up.
I had no memory loss whatsoever, but about every few minutes, I would zoom out of my body and then get shot back into my body with the feeling of an DMT hyperspace comeup.
After this it was like all my short term memory shot instantly into my long term memory, I did not forget anything that I just said to my friends or what I did but it literately felt like it happened a year ago.
I was the weirdest feeling I had ever experienced, my set and setting was fine and I did not have a bad trip or confusion. I have seen people get confused or lose memory with overdoing MDMA or combining it with alcohol.
I did not take any alcohol and I had not used more MDMA than I usually do. Just every few minutes my short term memory would get flushed into my long term memory, that's the best way I could explain it.
Maybe another way I would explain it is that I constantly became a new "person" with the memories of a previous life.

About a hour or two later it was gone, I had no hangover the next day either. I would like to know if anyone else ever experienced such a thing and if I overdosed on MDMA or it was simply the weed.
I never had such a thing on weed, lsd or mdma alone. It was absolutely the biggest mindfuck of my life. I smoke weed regularly and done LSD and MDMA 10+ alone.

Last edited:
Besides the very weird time distortion (5 mins felt about an hour), my memory started to get very fucked up.
I had no memory loss whatsoever, but about every few minutes, I would zoom out of my body and then get shot back into my body with the feeling of an DMT hyperspace comeup.
After this it was like all my short term memory shot instantly into my long term memory, I did not forget anything that I just said to my friends or what I did but it literately felt like it happened a year ago.
I was the weirdest feeling I had ever experienced, my set and setting was fine and I did not have a bad trip or confusion. I have seen people get confused or lose memory with overdoing MDMA or combining it with alcohol.
I did not take any alcohol and I had not used more MDMA than I usually do. Just every few minutes my short term memory would get flushed into my long term memory, that's the best way I could explain it.
Maybe another way I would explain it is that I constantly became a new "person" with the memories of a previous life.

I have experienced this exact phenomenon, this is the first time I've heard it described by someone else. I would have described it differently, but it's unmistakeable. Especially that last sentence. It happened to me on very high dose edibles, no other drugs involved. My theory is the MDMA and the LSD gave that joint enough of a boost to cause this effect.

Weed can be a lot crazier than people give it credit for. :)

Candyflipping is much more intense than either MDMA or LSD alone since they synergize with each other; your report sounds on par with those dosages. The weed was definitely a potentiator and could explain the experience you had, but at that point it can become difficult to pinpoint what each drug is doing specifically. I personally don't like to smoke weed on LSD until the comedown as it can get too intense and uncomfortable, even when I have a tolerance.

It seems to me that whenever I lose kinesthesia, my perception of time is "discontinuous", as though it doesn't seem like this moment follows from the ones before it. A mild version of this effect can happen without any drugs:

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/22/why_walking_through_a_doorway_makes_you_forget_partner/

Since between trips to hyperspace you don't have a good record of what happened in between before and now, your mind concludes that "before" happened a long time ago. Sometimes very intense psychedelic trips (especially with cannabis) can seem to "come in waves", where you alternate between sober and really-fucked-up mind states.

It doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary happened, you were just a lot higher than usual. :)

That description really reminded me of the beginning of eminem's video "rap god." If you haven't seen it, just view the first few seconds and you'll know what I mean.

Time distortion can be really confusing. I had a trip recently where I felt enveloped and cacooned by a beehive in a moment of infinity. Crazy shit.

It seems to me that whenever I lose kinesthesia, my perception of time is "discontinuous", as though it doesn't seem like this moment follows from the ones before it. A mild version of this effect can happen without any drugs:

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/22/why_walking_through_a_doorway_makes_you_forget_partner/

Since between trips to hyperspace you don't have a good record of what happened in between before and now, your mind concludes that "before" happened a long time ago. Sometimes very intense psychedelic trips (especially with cannabis) can seem to "come in waves", where you alternate between sober and really-fucked-up mind states.

It doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary happened, you were just a lot higher than usual. :)

Your description sounds a lot like DXM strobing almost.

If you add a joint to a drug effect, it ceases to be that drug effect and becomes a combination effect.

You turned a candyflip in a weedcandyflip by smoking that joint Its something different.

This is something you read quite often. Weed is being thrown in the mix and things spin out of control. Somehow the connection is rarely made. Not everyone can handle weed while tripping. Some people obviously handle it just fine, but there is a significant group who can't. Candytripping is quite amazing, try it without weed the next time.