Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Montreal to get 4 supervised injection sites

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Montreal to get 4 supervised injection sites
CBC
December 11th, 2013

Montreal will soon be home to four supervised injection sites for intravenous drug users.

While the service is expected to cost $2.7 million annually, the Public Health Department said the health care system will ultimately come out the winner.

Richard Massé, the director of Montreal Public Health, argues that while the the experiment may seem expensive, the quality of life will improve for the people who live near the sites, and for the drug users.

Massé said the social gains will surpass the cost if people consider the complications associated with injection drug use — hepatitis C, HIV and overdoses, among others — and the risk of contamination associated with dirty needles left lying around.

"You gain more with these services than leaving people to deal with their health problems, not to mention the social costs for the population living nearby," said Massé.

Read the full story here.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard of one of these that didn't work out.. wonder when they are going to stop calling it and experiment. Nice move Montreal.

Canada is sending mixed messages to me. I thought there was a conservative government in power, much like the new Australian moron. Did the conservative party approve of these openings?

It is good to see more of these places opening.

Conservative government who is now the monopoly on grass.. yeah its a modern age.. but we are moving forward without a doubt.. the biggest thing is.. that things that bend break, in politics and real life,, fight fight fight yuall and we will win our freedom;)

Last edited:
Canada is sending mixed messages to me. I thought there was a conservative government in power, much like the new Australian moron. Did the conservative party approve of these openings?

No, that's going to be the biggest hurdle.

I wonder what that conservative bitch Rona Ambrose is gonna do about this. She's probably fuming after hearing about this.