• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada abuzz over purported crack video of mayor

Right... the pipe is cleaner than those finger nails.

Kinda seems like the old mayor better pull out some serious ninja maneuvers if he has any chance of sliding through this shit storm.. I wonder If he is three sheets to the wind right now? I guarantee you one thing he is or he desperately wants to be:\ Well I hope he gets a chance to pull himself together and takes it.. crack8(

NSFW:
chris-farley-31.jpg

I think the problem isn't so much that he smokes crack in his spare time, it's that he's dumb enough to let people film him dong it, then vehemently deny the charges even in face of mounting evidence.

Was he doing a good job before this?

Errrrrbody errrrrwhere smokin rocks. Unless he's callin up people at three am trying to scam money for rock, he cool? These people need to sit dafuq down already.

/swerve

They even used an airplane to spy on him. If anything good can come out of CSEC spying on everybody, it might boost the major corrupt politician hunt we have going on in half of the provinces, and hopefully do the same out west...

And yeah, in Canada a lot of people smoke crack with regular weed pipes with a bunch of cigarette ash in the bowl, it's not easy to find a crack pipe or meth pipe for that matter. And when you find such stuff for sale, it's incredibly expensive.

And he wasn't doing a good job, he's a hypocritical ultra-conservative. I say hypocritical because all this shit he's embroiled in doesn't seem very holier-than-thou stuff warmongers like Harper would be doing.

Last edited:
That wouldn't be badass for smoking weed??
it would be ok but they are made out of really thin glass and you would look like a crack head. lol.. but i am really begining to realize that there are huge differences in the smoking instruments of different countries. if your in the states it would be better to get something proper like one of these and leave the crack pipes for the crack heads. We have shops in almost every state where you can choose from hundreds and hundreds of hand blown pieces or pieces like a nice roor.

NSFW:
24-chief-roor-water-bongs-med.png

thick-walled-glass-bongs2.jpg

Ah, my place of birth... still broiling with controversy as usual!

He's still refusing to resign. I hope city hall carts him out.

I don't care that he smoked crack, what I care about is that he's a hypocritical right-winger that has totally mismanaged Toronto with righteousness. It's funny how these hardliner neo-cons always get revealed as being druggies, pedos, or closet homos after all their sanctimonious preaching.

He gives a bad name to Toronto and to politics in general. He's an embarrassment.

His lawyer is saying exactly what I said they would

Rob Ford's lawyer want public to see the video, claims mayor wasn't smoking crack
.By Matthew Coutts | Daily Brew – 11 hours ago

Depending on which side you fall on, Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair either let Mayor Rob Ford off the hook by botching a drug investigation or took such personal delight in chasing the mayor that he deserves to be fired.

There’s also the possibility that Blair, who Ford himself has previously held up as an ethical figurehead, led a sound investigation into a drug ring with apparent ties to Ford and let the chips fall where they may. But professional competency doesn’t make headlines.

Fresh off a groundbreaking Thursday press conference in which Blair announced that police had recovered a deleted copy of a Rob Ford video that had previously been reported by the press, questions abound about what Ford is recorded doing on the video, and why no charges have been laid.

Dennis Morris, Ford's lawyer, told the Toronto Sun that Blair was grandstanding when he announced the existence of the controversial video and suggested he should be fired.

“The mayor has been convicted in the public by the police chief,” Morris told the newspaper, adding that Blair should release the video to the public. Morris further said there is no way to prove what Ford is doing in the video and suggested he was smoking tobacco or marijuana.

"No one is going to approach the media with a video saying he's smoking tobacco or marijuana — it's not salacious enough," Morris told CBC News. "It's not going to sell newspapers, it's not going to make headlines all over the world."

Coun. Doug Ford called in to AM640 to defend his brother and also called for Blair to release the video. “Obviously, he says on one hand he can't comment on evidence, and then on the other hand, he wants to comment on it. So if that's not a little bit of politicking on the chief's part, I don't know what is,” said Doug Ford, per the Star.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...ing-accusations-siding-against-143053801.html

I'm assuming the following information wasn't included in any previous posts, particularly the really long one which I didn't read, but...

I don't remember where/when exactly I read this, but apparently Ford did not know he was being taped (I know, thank you Captain Obvious) when he smoketh the rock.

IIRC, one of the guys present at the time had the back of his cell pointed directly at Ford and tried to act like he was texting someone. Ford eventually noticed and said something along the lines of, "that thing better not be recording me" and the guy confessed/lied that he wasn't recording shit.

So anyways, soon after the video made headlines, the guy who recorded Ford was found shot to death. Believe his last name was Anthony (or first name).

The other guys there that night were also targeted by Lisi(?) and another one was shot but survived.

Lisi was recently arrested again for extortion because he found out the video wasn't destroyed.

This is gonna make a decent film some day, perhaps.

Jack Black is... Rob Ford.

---------------------------

It's not so much the fact that the poofy mayor uses drugs that I can't stand - on the contrary, I don't give a fuck what drugs he uses. It's the hypocrisy and the bullshitting.

Now I do understand the guy is probably scared shitless that to come clean would mean political suicide, but, I suppose you can blame nearly a century of "drugs r bad" brainwashing on your own kind Mr. Ford.

Be that as it may, as much as I dislike conservatives because they tend to favor religion + politics instead of science/facts + politics, my respect for Rob Ford would have gone way up if he would have 'fessed.

"Hi, I'm not perfect, I smoke rocks! Please vote for me!" /clap /sympathy /popcorn

He and his brother have also been massive hash dealers in the 80's this little fact came up in march when the whole thing appeared in the media due to Gawker (I really REALLY hate that site btw). People with some sense could care less if he smokes rock if he did a good job. But he doesn't, as I understand he's just another Harper-style conservative cool with gentrification of downtown, destroying apartments for the middle and poor class to make huge ass expensive condos. Just for that it's a proof he's not a good person. His hypocrisy related to not just admitting it (like he admitted smoking pot and "lots of it heheheh" on his weekly radio show), him supporting Harper and his wanting of minimum mandatory sentences in this country while even fuckin' America is slowly getting rid of them just shows how big of a shithead he is.

him supporting Harper and his wanting of minimum mandatory sentences in this country while even fuckin' America is slowly getting rid of them just shows how big of a shithead he is.

I had recently found out about the hash dealing way back in the day, but I did not know about ^^

If that's true... I hope he's shipped off to some prison in Yukon for a very long time. His entire posse can join him.

Was happy to read that donations to the conservatives has dropped by 30% (compared with the average monthly tally) ever since Harper was accused by the opposition of bullshittery.

He finally admits it

Breaking
Mayor Rob Ford: 'Yes I have smoked crack cocaine'

Toronto mayor makes stunning admission during city hall scrum

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted today he has smoked crack cocaine, saying it was probably "in one of my drunken stupors" about a year ago.

Ford made the shocking statement Tuesday at Toronto City Hall in a scrum with reporters.

“Yes I have smoked crack cocaine,” Ford said.

“But, no — do I? Am I an addict, no? Have I tried it? Um, probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago.”

The mayor suggested that he hadn’t been lying when reporters previously asked him about the tape.
■Rob Ford: 'I'm not an alcoholic, I'm not a drug addict'
■Doug Ford calls on Toronto police chief to step down
■13 notable moments from Mayor Rob Ford’s radio show

“So, I wasn’t lying. You didn’t ask the correct questions,” Ford said.

“No I’m not an addict and no, I do not do drugs. I made mistakes in the past and all I can do is apologize, but it is what it is and I can’t change the past.”

"Yes, I've made mistakes, all I can do now is apologize and move on," the mayor said. "I can apologize to my family, my friends, my colleagues and the people of this great city."

Ford colleagues react

Ford's admission drew immediate response from colleagues city hall. Many are calling for the mayor to step aside to sort out his personal issues.

Coun. Jaye Robinson said that now, Ford does not have even “a shred of credibility,” and she wants to see him take a leave of absence.

Coun. Jaye Robinson reacts to mayor's crack-use admission
Coun. Jaye Robinson says the mayor does not have even 'a shred of credibility,' following his admission that he has smoked crack cocaine. (CBC)

"The real issue is getting the mayor to address his health issues, step aside [and] take a leave of absence, as I’ve been saying for six long months," said Robinson. "And now he’s coming forward and he’s admitting that there is clearly a problem here."

Robinson was previously a member of the mayor’s executive committee, though she was ousted from her position as the chair of the community and recreation development committee after she urged Ford to take a leave of absence.

Kristyn Wong-Tam, a left-leaning councillor, said the admission undercuts Ford's image as a politician that represents the middle-class voter.

"Mayor Ford claims to represent the 'little guy,'' Wong Tam said in a tweet. "The 'little guy' and your Average Joe as far as I know do not smoke crack cocaine.

The same day that Ford admitted to using crack cocaine, news broke that councillors have prepared at least two separate motions related to his behaviour.

One motion from Coun. John Filion seeks to strip the mayor of his ability to hire or fire the deputy mayor, or any of the standing committee chairs.

A second motion from Coun. Denzil Minnan-Wong calls on the mayor to apologize, co-operate with police in their ongoing investigation and to take a temporary leave of absence.

"I think it’s time for him to take a break," Minnan-Wong said when speaking with reporters on Tuesday afternoon, about an hour after the mayor admitted to having smoked crack cocaine.

Premier Kathleen Wynne said Tuesday that she had heard the mayor’s admission, but left it to the police and the judicial system to "take action."

When speaking with reporters, Wynne said that what has been going at city hall "is of great concern to everyone in the City of Toronto."

It was unclear Tuesday how Ford's sudden, apparently impromptu admission of prior drug use will affect his future as Toronto's mayor. There is no legal mechanism to remove him from office for using drugs.

Last week, Toronto's police chief said authorities had recovered a video of the mayor with images that corresponded with media reports about him appearing to smoke crack cocaine and making racial slurs.

Ford repeated a call for the tape to be released on Tuesday.

"I don't even recall there being a tape or a video and I know that. So I want to see the state that I was in. I wasn't lying," he told reporters.

Ford's admission comes after months of speculation that began in May of this year when reports surfaced that a video exists that shows the mayor smoking what appears to be crack cocaine.

Ford, 44, was elected as the mayor of Toronto three years ago. He still has another year to go in his current term.

Mayor's previous denials

During his time as mayor, Ford has consistently drawn headlines both for his work at city hall and his life outside of it.

Earlier this year, the Toronto Star and the U.S. gossip website Gawker each reported that someone had been shopping a video of the mayor using crack cocaine.

Ford had denied both the video’s existence and using crack cocaine.

Alongside with questions about his drug use, Ford has also faced questions about the people he associates with in his private life.

Toronto police undertook an investigation into allegations regarding the video, which involved following the mayor and other individuals. Ground and aerial surveillance was used.

The end of that investigation saw police charge Alexander Lisi, also known as Sandro or Alessandro, with extortion.

Ford has said that Lisi, who has served as an occasional driver for the mayor, is a friend.

The drug controversy is not the only high-profile challenge Ford has faced in office.

He faced a conflict-of-interest challenge that saw a judge order him removed from office, but he ended up winning an appeal and hanging onto his job.

Ford also faced a defamation lawsuit that was eventually dismissed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-rob-ford-yes-i-have-smoked-crack-cocaine-1.2415533

BYU0YQBCcAAXRd5.jpg:large

Last edited:
Re. "I smoked crack when I was stupor-drunk" - On account of this tubby man's honest to God bullshit, I'd like to remind everyone who hasn't to consider changing their "gateway drug" opinion from the usual suspect (weed) to booze.

Was he doing a good job before this?

Errrrrbody errrrrwhere smokin rocks. Unless he's callin up people at three am trying to scam money for rock, he cool? These people need to sit dafuq down already.

/swerve

No. Everything I've read/watched about him shows he hasn't been doing a good job, though he's not the only mayor not doing a good job.

News flash alcoholic crack head mayor isn't doing a good job of being the mayor ing the largest city in canada.. also word just in that americans are snickering openly and planning to moon canada collectively, to pay them back for all the shit talking they have taken from uppity northerners for awhile now.. as well as the horrible job they did creating our obama care website. Welcome to the crazy club canada.. we kept a seat reserved for ya cause we knew you were going to show up=D

I've never met a good mayor that was doing a 'good' job.

I'm not defending this crackhead person I'm just sayin'

If you're going to be smart enough to know the ins and outs of politics and get elected into office we as begrudging humans only kindly ask that you:

PLEASE BE SMART AND FUCKING DESCRETE. ASSHOLE.

Its funny he uses being shit faced as a way to excuse his crack use as if its any different.
And smoked it once? Bs brotha you a base head.

Its funny he uses being shit faced as a way to excuse his crack use as if its any different.
And smoked it once? Bs brotha you a base head.

Aha exactly, because being a person in his position and getting shit faced all the time is perfectly acceptable, and crack? really, you would think he could scrape up enough cash for some quality powdered cocaine. In other Toronto news, who's watching the super low rated Raptors smoke the shit out of the heat tonight.

Aha exactly, because being a person in his position and getting shit faced all the time is perfectly acceptable, and crack? really, you would think he could scrape up enough cash for some quality powdered cocaine. In other Toronto news, who's watching the super low rated Raptors smoke the shit out of the heat tonight.

This is Canadian politics, don't be silly