• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you swallow black tar heroin?

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
Well what the title says, is it possible to take let's say a 20 piece of huff tar (like powder huffed into rock tar) and swallow it? Or maybe break it down to powder/mostly powder tar and parachute it? Basically is the bioavailability good orally ? And I know after 100% BA from IV I won't get anything better but just wanna try to not shoot up for once

Heroin bioavailability oral is like 35 percent at most if I remember correctly.

You can, but taking heroin orally is an absolute waste. It will be completely converted into morphine before it can reach the brain, so the whole idea of heroin will be wasted. It will still get you high, but taking heroin orally is pretty much the same as taking morphine orally. Why not smoke it? Why not snort it?

I've been IV for 3 year so smoking or snorting or anything like that ain't gonna be new to me, but I wanted to know if there have been people who maintained addiction without smoking or shooting or snorting, but just eating heroin like they used to eat opium type foods ... So I can just take a chunk of black tar .3 swallow it and wait for it to kick in ? And .3 is a lot at once to shoot so it should be decent dose swallowed ? Any ideas?

I've literally not heard of anyone, not one single person, who actually eats tar on a regular basis.

It's certainly possible but...why? It would still result in opiate addiction but wouldn't be nearly as fun as the other ROAs.

Well you CAN eat it and it WILL get into your system, but it's a huge waste. First, heroin is metabolized extremely extensively in the liver which makes it less lipophilic = less BBB permittivity. The whole point of heroin is that its more lipophilic than morphine, heroin itself is not active as a drug, only its metabolites. So you want it metabolized as close to the brain as possible, which means eating is really counter-productive as first-pass metabolism which other ROAs avoid is going to tear it apart. So with oral administration it is pretty much the same as morphine, which still works orally.

Second, if you've been an IV user of heroin then you will be extremely underwhelmed by oral administration. Compared to IV there's no rush, the high is less intense (albeit longer!). Third, assuming you have tolerance, you will need a lot more to get off. People choose IV over snort/smoke out of economical reasons, oral administration is WAY less economical than even smoking it.

So bottom line is, you can do it. Go ahead and try, but I'll bet my middle nut that you won't do it again.

Given, oral administration is probably the healthiest and I personally prefer it to other ROAs. I take my drugs orally, but luckily they're either not much worse orally or even better (codeine, which actually needs first-pass in order to work). But even I wouldn't eat heroin.

E: I just realized how anti-HR my post is recommending more harmful ROAs, but still. It's just reality with heroin.