• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you snort hydromorphone tablets safely?

SpaceMagic

Greenlighter
I've heard around that snorting prescription tablets is bad for the lungs because of powder inhalation, and I've recently had some lung problems. Would it be safe to snort it or should I just ingest orally?

Hi there SpaceMagic. Welcome to Bluelight.

Snorting pills isn't great for the lungs because of the fillers but once in a while is okay. I would imagine people that do it daily run into some issues.

But if it's Dilaudid you have there I hear snorting gives you a bit better bioavailability as opposed to orally. Not a whole lot. Also hear that plugging them is good.

So if you are just gonna snort one here and there and not every day....go for it.

Snorting pills in general is bad... but with dilaudid its probably the best roa. The pills are small and theres no acetaminophen in there or anything. I wouldn't be too concerned. It is of course safer to take orally but its also much less effective.

what dose do you guys use? Will 1mg insufflated work well or nah?

I have no opioid tol btw

what dose do you guys use? Will 1mg insufflated work well or nah?

I have no opioid tol btw
Probably not. But its never a bad idea to start slow. I usually need 8mg insufflated with moderate tolerance just for threshold effects. 12mg for a nice euphoria. I would expect to need 4mg or more.