• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can You Plug Targin

yeah ive been put back onto targen about a week ago,ive found that chrushing up doses of 50mg at once seems to have great effects then i just follow that 50mg dose by 30mg doses each 2-3 hours until i reach my sweet spot

Hey, sorry to barge in but this seems on topic.

I've just started Targin today, and have by now read quite a bit about it. I was on Jurnista for 18 months, then oxy for one month, now Targin. The doctor explained the issue with intestine movement - which has never affected me btw - and assured me the results are the same as oxy. I'm taking this for pain - I have spondylolisthesis - though am also wanting something more out of this, Oxys are niice. So, I've read a few posts here and thought I'd ask ppl who seem to know what they're (we're) talking about. I just wanted to ask, is the bowel movement thing with naloxone the only noticeable difference between oxys and Targin as far as results? I'm on 20/10 Targin, was on 20mg oxy both twice a day. I just don't want this Dr ripping me off because Targin is a less saleable drug. I've also read a few stories about nightmares or insomnia using Targin.

Targin <> Oxycontin. The buzz you'll get off a 20/10 combo Targin is less than you'd get from a 15mg Oxycontin, despite what the docs may be telling you. Plus any ROA than orally will give you wd's as the Naloxone doesn't then get broken down by the gut except when done orally. Naloxone is "officially" to prevent constipation, but it also makes the active drug (oxycodone) weaker, in the same way that Phenelyphrine drugs are supposed to be as effective as pseudoephedrine drugs, but just aren't. Again, despite what the docs will tell you.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Thanks, yeah. Targin's not much use at all. I've found it doesn't work as well as pain relief as oxy, and also causes insomnia. So they push it out as a prevention for constipation, which has never bothered me, without mentioning the other effects. That one month I had on oxys I felt so good, my back was fine and I slept well. My doctor's reasonable guy, I hope he'll agree to help me properly.

about a month ago i tried snorting a 20mg targin not knowing that they had naloxone in them,and it was the worst experience of my life and the most painful thing ive experienced i think- i still cant put it into words the way it felt. It felt lile 4 months of intense withdrawls mashed down into an hour, it felt as though there was a demon inside of me and i was being exorcised... It hurt to breathe, everyinch of my body was burning in the weirdest way, my breathe almost slowed down to the point i couldnt breathe anymore, i was sweating so much that i soaked through two duvets while also being the most freezingg i have ever been before and i spewed the biggest spew ive ever done in my entire life, i also instantly got diarehha and felt like i was on a bad acid trip... The ambluance were called and by the time they got there i started to feel better. Was scary af, and i just want to share my story 4 anyone that thinks its a good idea to do oxys anyway other than swallowing it. (note: i am currently also on 85mg of methadone and havent used heroin in 7 months)

wow that's fucking awful Highbythebeach.

I've never heard such a small dose of Nalexone causing precipitated withdrawals but that's definitely what you went through. I remember the first time it happened to me (and for that matter the last time) and its a nightmare of insane proportions.

In your case the only way out of PW is to take more opiates.

What happened for the rest of the day? I find that when i'm in PW that i end up going through the rest of my normal withdrawal process after the really fucked up first 2 hours is over.

Targin is rubbish and I was insulted when a neuro prescribed it to me with the guff about 'helps prevent constipation'. Helps reduce the effectiveness of the oxycodone by 25% is more like it. Not what you want when you're taking it for pain from optic neuritis. Just let me take a coloxyl in the evening instead, boom, problem solved.

And I still got constipated on Targin anyway :p.