Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can You Plug Targin

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
today i got ahold of 6 10mg (with 5mg of nalxone) targin tablets along with some endone ( i broke my wrist and the doctor has prescribed me them) i've been plugging the endone and enjoying it quite a bit,i just ate a big lunch so i plugged 2 endones i was just wondering if it possible to plug the targin that contain nalxone reading a bit on nalxone with oxycodone crushing downw certin types of opioid tablets with nalxone in them and snorting them can send you into PWD's im just wondering if this is the case with plugging.
chewing the targin and swolloing works just fine but i just ate a huuuge lunch and dont wanna waste any oxy as i dont come by it very often.
thank crist im gettin some smack tomorrow! my wrist is killing me even with the oxycodone (it is dulling the pain but not as much as i'd like).the doctor said i can come back if the oxycodone isnt strong enough and she will up the mg so i think i'll be doing thaaaaaaaaaat :p

Last edited:
I'd throw it away... Once you start higher dose pills you are going to Induce withdrawal if you crush them no matter the roa,

Naloxone is inactive orally/sublingually which is why they add naloxone to buprenorphine. It's supposedly inactive when you hold it under your tongue, although I always got headaches when I used suboxone (nasally and sublinguallly), but never got them when I used subutex. This may be partly because of the fact the bupe has a much higher affinity for the opiate receptors than naloxone.

I'm not sure about anally, also the fact that naloxone (and bupe) has a higher binding affinity than oxycodone. Sounds like it could be dangerous to attempt without getting advice from someone more knowledgable. I've never heard of this combo myself, maybe someone else can add more.

Do you have an opiate habit?
If not, I don't see how you could get precipitated WD.
If you do have a physical addiction, then be careful.
When in doubt, use as prescribed IMO (or at least seek the advice of a dr or Your state's poisons hotline)
Play safe...

Naloxone is nearly inactive orally. I was prescribed these when they first became available on the PBS. If you have a habit(sorry space junk should have specified), even eating the crushed pills will induce withdrawal (talking about the 40/20mg)

Do you have an opiate habit?
If not, I don't see how you could get precipitated WD.
If you do have a physical addiction, then be careful.
When in doubt, use as prescribed IMO (or at least seek the advice of a dr or Your state's poisons hotline)
Play safe...

no i dont have a addiction but i use opiates a fair bit,i dont go into WD's without them tho.im just gonna use these for there intended purpose n just fuck with my endones.i have a fair bit of smack now so that'll last me til i cn get more endones n stock up thanks for the help :)

maybe the naloxone is added to the pills to avoid people IV'ing them?as its hardly active orally but fully active when shot up,quite a big dose ( i think) 10mg of oxy per pill and 5mg of naloxone

maybe the naloxone is added to the pills to avoid people IV'ing them?as its hardly active orally but fully active when shot up,quite a big dose ( i think) 10mg of oxy per pill and 5mg of naloxone

The official line is that the naloxone will reduce opioid induced constipation but I think you hit the nail on the head :). It is a huge dose, there is a similar product in the US that uses a fraction of the dose of naloxone.

I ended up taking them as prescribed too. (CPP) Interestingly they didn't help with the constipation at all.

i would be able to snort these right?of possibly sublingual them.there pretty fuckin small

if the nalaxone has a higher binding affinity than the oxy it's going to out-compete the opiate receptors not allowing the oxy to bind.

Snorting should be fine, nalaxone is pretty much not active via intranasal
Erm - completely wrong. Ambo's in Vic trialled intranasal naloxone a few years back. It definitely works by that ROA.

Naloxone should be absorbed into the blood stream via plugging too - I wouldn't plug Targin if I had a habit. (or snort it, or inject it)

Now - if you don't have a habit, then the naloxone will competitively bind with opiate receptors over the oxy - for about 40 minutes. Then it will wear off, and the oxycodone (with a considerably longer half life) will kick in. This will still be somewhat stronger in effect than oral administration of slow release formulation.

has anyone spoken to JS in the last 3/4 days? he hasnt been on FB, MSN, BL, ect. since I spoke to him last thursday which is highly not like him (dont think I've seen him offline for that long the whole time I've known him).. he's not answering his phone either....

the reason I'm sorta worried is that he has been fuckn around with some heavy opiates, opioids and benzoes for a bit less than a week now and he got some very pure smack thursday (which I'm 99% sure he has been mixing with all his oxy-based medications and benzoes) and coincidentally, been unaccountable since.....

has anyone spoken to JS in the last 3/4 days? he hasnt been on FB, MSN, BL, ect. since I spoke to him last thursday which is highly not like him (dont think I've seen him offline for that long the whole time I've known him).. he's not answering his phone either....

the reason I'm sorta worried is that he has been fuckn around with some heavy opiates, opioids and benzoes for a bit less than a week now and he got some very pure smack thursday (which I'm 99% sure he has been mixing with all his oxy-based medications and benzoes) and coincidentally, been unaccountable since.....

hehehe im alive buddy i did somewhat OD tho... i have a broken wrist so its really hard to type hence why i havnt been online for a while,i was asleep when u rang me n u know what im like when im asleep :p check your msn n facebook

Last edited:
Sorry, this is of-topic, but then so are a lot of these replies ;-)
Can someone please explain to me what an agonist/antagonist does? Eg. Is Targin's Oxycodone component made less strong by the presence of the Naloxone? And back on topic: why would it be better to plug or chew than to just swallow them.

Woah man, nice bump.

Agonist and Antagonist
That wasn't so hard now, was it?

Plugging has the highest bioavailability short of needles (IM, then IV is the highest)
As for chewing, that would be for sublingual/sublabial/buccal, which is allowing the drugs to enter your blood through the tissue under your tongue/gum/cheeks.

There is this great new invention called a search engine, there's this really underground one called Google.
Yahoo is more mainstream, hardly anyone knows about Google even though it's the best.
Please use this information wisely, the internet is no place for tomfoolery.

^^^ now now Abject, lets be a bit politer to the greenlighters. Asking a drug related question on a drug forum should be encouraged even when it can be solved easily with a search.

i am no greenlighter.anf yes whats wong with asking a question?it cant hurt,plus u commented on like a year old thread

Dunno about plugging, but imo snorting Targin is a bad idea. I know someone who tried doing 2 of the 10/5s and it made him nauseous, shaky, headache, etc. Essentially he hit some substantial wds.

Sorry if a couple of weeks too much of a bump, but as this topic wasn't settled and I have info I may be able to help.

I am prescribed 60mg Oxycontin per day, and 20mcg p/h Norspan Patch, with oxynorm for break through. After I moved states my new GP (whom I'd never seen before) prescribed me the 20mg Targin 3 time a day instead of 20mg Oxycontin, probably because I'm young and was unknown to him and don;t have a solid diagnosis.

Anyhow, taking them as prescribed (swallowed whole) gave me minor withdrawals and did nothing for pain, and after 2 days I started taking two even when I took 2 at a time it was just a horrible experience for me. Anyway, went back to doctor and got oxycontin.

Now to answer the question, a friend with a small panadeine forte habit took SWIM's leftovers of these swallowed whole and got a "good buzz" off it for him. When he tried chewing them up, got nothing much. Got nothing from plugging either. So, tbli I think targin can't really be plugged and chewing mightn't get the most bang-for-buck either.

As for my experience, I imagine it and the bupe (from the norspan) just made it way too hard for enough oxy to bind hence why I got no analgesia and bad withdrawals.

The naloxone in 10mg Targin does nothing when you take it orally in the small doses it is in in 1 pill, because it is broken down during digestion. Larger doses or using a different ROA makes the naloxone bind to the receptors though and will prevent the opiate from working, and can even cause PWD.

So basically Targin is a shitty drug and the naloxone is only inactive when taken orally in small doses. I was on it for a week or two then went back to my doctor and told him I wasn't planning on abusing the drug so forget the 'helps prevent constipation' bullshit & just give me oxy. But I said it in a nice way if course.