• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can you inject oral liquid dilaudid?

R

Rylanjase52

Im gonna give a little background info but if you don?t want to read that and just want to read my questions skip this paragraph and the questions are at the bottom.
I?m severely chronically sick and was on IV dilaudid but with the government making the manufactures cut back on how much they make by over 40% there?s a major shortage with even some hospitals not being able to get it and those that do have it have very little so I can?t get it anymore they even called the surrounding cities and no one could get it for me. My body doesn?t absorb much orally, it absorbs a tiny bit but even if I take 16mg orally it wasn?t helping but my pain management is prescribing it orally anyway and told me to keep taking it to hopefully help at least somewhat with the withdrawal since I was taking IV for 3 years and all of sudden had to try and wean on a 12 day supply which is no where near enough but the pills weren?t doing anything so I got desperate and I did research and decided I could IV it if I mix it with saline and filter it so I?ve been doing that but this month I ran out of pills 2 days early but I do have some of the liquid hydromorphone left over from a while back when we tried it hoping my body might absorb it better than a pill.

I?ve already injected it once and it worked, I?m injecting into a line so I?m not sticking myself. Is this a really bad idea? Is it worse than injecting the pills? Is there anything I should do to the liquid before injecting it? I?ll only be doing it a few times today just to hold me over until my appointment in the morning where I?ll get a refill for the pills and I?ll go back to doing the pills the way I?ve been doing it the past 2 months.

How stupid is it to inject the oral liquid form of dilaudid? Is it worse then injecting the pills? I?m used to injecting the pills by crushing them, mixing with saline from a sterile saline flush like the kind you use at the hospital and once completely dissolved I filter it through cotton and then inject. The issue is I ran out of pills early this month and I was having really bad withdrawal and I tried finding the pills on the street but had no luck but I did have some of the oral liquid form of dilaudid so I decided to try it and it worked so I?ve done it twice but I?m not sure if this is something I should ever do again or if it?s much more dangerous than doing the pills I get my pills tomorrow so I should only have to use it one or 2 more times in order to keep from withdrawling but if this is super dangerous more so than the pills I?ll just tough it out and wait till I get my pills but I would really rather not do that I?m very sick and having withdrawal on top of all the pain and suffering from the many symptoms I have is extremely hard on me. had originally been IV dilaudid but can?t get it anymore due to shortage and I only absorb very little orally so even taking 16-20mg orally doesn?t help the severe pain I?m in 24/7 and no other IV medication helps other than ketamine which you can?t get at home unless I have a 24 hour nurse which I don?t but I?m getting a nasal spray soon and I?m hoping that will help but in the meantime the only thing I can really do for pain is inject the pills or the liquid so please don?t tell me to never inject the pills all I wanna know about is the liquid version and if it?s riskier and more dangerous than injecting the pills.

oral solutions typically contain sugars and are not safe for injection. once or twice you might be ok, but its a very bad and very risky idea.

You could try plugging it instead. Much more safe than shooting all those glucoses etc. into your veins.

I.v lines carry a greater risk of infection than indiviual injections. I would highly recommend not adding anything not manufactured for injection

put it this way, when I was out there enough to inject Ritalin with a cotton ball I was able to get oral dil oh yea no prices, well frustratingly cheap because even than I wouldn't risk shooting it. I'm kind of surprised a 30g or 29 would even draw it up since it is kind of thick. Really plugging is your only option, unless your getting it cheap enough to swig down on some real lean lol.

Hey curious about using oral dilaudid by iv
Any suggestions?

Similar to oral methadone it's horrible for your circulatory system and I'd imagine esp so on one's kidneys & lungs.IIRC oral Dilaudid is even thicker than methadose and besides the sugars has preservatives, dyes, flavorings, thickening agents, etc. I'm not even sure that a syringe filter would help with making it more suitable for iv.

I have a friend who said he shot up oral morphine sulphate solution and got a rush from it.
Do you guys think he?s lying ? I can?t imagine that being possible all those other ingredients eww

A rush is entirely possible.. it's just a habit of doing so could get detrimental, and quickly.