• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you get high off fioricet (butualbital)

You can, but the caffeine offsets the sedative effects. You suck if they are pills your parents still take...

They are similar to benzos but far easier to overdose on. Don't take more then 150mg butalbital without tolerance to be safe. Im assuming those pills have 50mg each, correct?

I've been doing more research and there not what I hoped there'd be. I don't think there worth taking. Thanks anyways. I was hoping they would be like hydrocodone.

Last edited:
Fioricet can be very nice. There are a few things you'll need to get around, but if you have a 30-count script, you should be able to get a handful of highs out of it. First of all, there is a pretty significant amount of acetaminophen in them. There are ways you can filter out the acetaminophen, but I've never bothered to. Secondly, there is caffeine. If you don't drink coffee semi-regularly, the caffeine will make you very slightly jittery while the butalbital makes you loopy and kinda euphoric. So, I would not take more than 3 pills for recreation, and I would not let my tolerance build at all. If you are inexperienced with benzos and don't drink alcohol very often, it provides a nice buzz. It's a little bit of benzos, alcohol, and a weak opioid combined.

Things that will increase the potency of barbiturates (not recommended, just for harm reduction and information purposes): benzodiazepines, opiates, alcohol (absolutely not recommended). I find that taking 3 Fioricet tablets about half an hour before I take my kratom for chronic pain, it makes the kratom at least twice as strong.

However, I would strongly encourage you to go very slow with any barbiturate. I believe they are the most addictive CNS depressants known to man. They mimic alcohol, opiates, and benzodiazepines, to some degree. The right dosage will make you feel like you took some of all of them.

But I cannot let this post end on a very positive note. Fioricet is fun, but it's something you only want to engage in maybe three times per year, if that. I have legitimate migraines due to allergies and the seasons changing, so I get one prescription of 30 tablets every 4 months or so. Even with having a little fun, the prescription will last me that amount of time. It is very effective at what it's prescribed for (breakthrough migraine pain), but you need to proceed with caution. There's not a very big chance you'll ever get another bottle of Fioricet.

Have fun and BE SAFE. :)