• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can you do a CWE with ibuprofen and codeine tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ for the OP that's great. But people outside the UK & Australia are going to read this and should know as much as possible about it. For those Stuck with Nurofen lemon juice is a cheap method to increase their chances of less ibuprofen.

That's fair Jekyl, although I'm unsure a country exists where ibuprofen/codeine is available but paracetamol/codeine isn't.

Wilson makes some great points. Online easy for Codeine Linctus, in store not so much.

If you do want to switch out the Nurofen, it will be solpadeine Max mate ?

Ah you noticed, can you tell this man was bored one evening lol. I am sure you will have something I am envious of we all do as Bluelight and DOC lovers. Hope you’re well ?

Haha definitely, I wrote my name in Xanax bars when I got my first order back in 2016, especially impressive since I did it barred out. I'm sure plenty here are jealous of my dex script. But I love me some oxy!

Aye this is true. I almost have had to start from scratch my UC has been in remission for a while or I haven’t bothered constantly fighting with gps, to reimplement my old repeat meds. Got a good Gastro consultant now so my gp has to fall in line ?

My repeat list is growing slowly again ?? Benzos are more taboo on the NHS than strong opioids for repeat prescriptions in my experience.

Absolutely mate, I have yet to try Clonazepam, tried most others over the years. I am looking to ask for Gabapentin again as oddly Pregabalin is t as good for me these days. May see if I can have some low dose Clonaz because my colitis “can ??” cause panic when my bowels open in public lol ??.

Would you say it’s similar to any I would know?

We had a couple of advanced BL'ers awhile back who had issues with the usual CWE process for Ibuprofen. The problem being that in it's ionized form it has very little solubility but when added to neutral water + pill excipients a portion can change to the non-ionized form which has much higher water solubility . When it's pKa is taken into account, the pH of the cold water would have to be very low to keep the Ibuprofen's solubility low.

The solution is to use lemon juice in your cold water, enough to substantially lower the pH so upwards of 25 % lemon juice to water. The low pH won't effect the codeine but will allow less Ibuprofen into the final solution.

Very interesting and troubling to read. Would have been awesome to read that 10 years ago tbh...

When you say "had issues" with the CWE on ibuprofen, do you mean that they had health issues as a result or was it a theoretical problem?

I ask because as I said, I was doing this for literally years multiple times a week with long periods of several times daily and ended up with stomach ulcers- not especially bad either- but certainly not the hugely deleterious effects that would have ensued had I been consuming mammoth amounts of ibuprofen. I usually extracted 60 at a time but often more. Liquid was often cloudy but could be filtered down to something passable..notably, paracetamol CWE would be almost always transparent.

I should add that I do have pretty terrible digestive issues these days though and it's a few years since I did a CWE on any thing. Incidentally, I cannot tolerate NSAIDs even in milder doses these days, i get pain throughout my stomach and guts and horible bloating. Sometimes even topical NSAIDs do this. I also get other side effects from NSAIDs that I didn't used to. Which sucks because they are useful for back pain now that I've quit opiates.

Absolutely mate, I have yet to try Clonazepam, tried most others over the years. I am looking to ask for Gabapentin again as oddly Pregabalin is t as good for me these days. May see if I can have some low dose Clonaz because my colitis “can ??” cause panic when my bowels open in public lol ??.

Would you say it’s similar to any I would know?

If you've had etizolam it's similar to that but with a longer half-life. Or it's like alprazolam but without the grogginess and again with a longer half-life. Same potency as alpraz. Very good benzo for GAD. I find it less recreational than good old diaz but far more functional and does have a little buzz to it.

Ah ok, yeah had Alpraz before, but so biased towards my lovely Euphoric Oxy I forget that benzos can give it you Gaba related euphoria too.i tend to use Phenibut for that side of things. You in Uk too? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge ?

Ah ok, yeah had Alpraz before, but so biased towards my lovely Euphoric Oxy I forget that benzos can give it you Gaba related euphoria too.i tend to use Phenibut for that side of things. You in Uk too? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge ?

I love the phenibut as well, it's the ultimate social drug imo. And yeah I'm in LDN.

I have never ever found anything better. The ultimate compound that Kept the “Cosmonauts” (designed just for them) all friends with no anxiety ????

This codeine linctus sounds too good to be OTC. Are you sure because they sometimes use folcodein or codein which are not actually opiates. Or does it come with APAP and other shit n it?
Yes, I can confirm you can get it OTC. I am in the UK too. I just got a bottle last week to tide me over as my new prescription of DHC was late.

Boots and other big chains seem to sell it only on prescription for some reason, but you can easily find smaller pharmacies online that will sell it. All licensed and legal. I don't use physical pharmacies but some independent ones are probably less fussy and will sell it. It's OTC but I guess some pharmacies now only sell it with a prescription to avoid problems.

I used to get morphine and kaolin syrup OTC from Boots till a few months ago but now they have made it so you need a prescription for that one too.

Codein doesn't exist. Don't know what you are referring to with that. It's either pholcodine or codeine. Pholcodine is an opiate but it's not one that will get you high. It's just used as a cough suppressant. The Codeine Linctus only contains codeine and no other active ingredients like paracetamol.

Akane is bang on Chem, widely available online but Boots, Lloyds etc shy away from it. They even try to tell me Promethazine is not available in 25’s, and then it magically appears from behind the counter. As he said Independents stock it but not major chains as much. DM if you need and I’ll show you where.

This should really not have lasted this long guys. Ibuprofen is almost completely insoluble in water rendering it a perfect candidate for the Cold Water Extraction process. If it is not yet clear, I am implying that you could produce a mixture of Ibuprofen/Opioid/Water, and if the water is appropriately cool, you will be left with an aqueous and organic layer, being that the Ibuprofen should be at the "bottom" and the solution of H20/Opioid should be at the top. You can either remove the top layer with a syringe, leaving the rest or use a coffee filter to perform a similar separation of processes.

Guys, there is seriously so much sourcing going on in this thread that I technically should be deleting it outright. We are not here to tell people how or where to acquire drugs. COME ON! The health of this site is dependent upon our members following the rules that they agreed to read when they first joined. Are you going to make this a place where people come to get a Codeine hookup? Or are you going to make this a place for scholarly, academic discussion about Harm Reduction. Think about it next time you decide to post please. I speak not for myself but for the health of the community that we are all a part of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.