• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can u still get stuff to make opium tea??USA

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
I was just wondering if these days if it’s still possible to make opium pod or seed tea in USA. People’s recent history with it.
I had a friend that did it once 10 years ago & I’ve read about it online & on here.

In short, sure, you can still find pods and unwashed seeds. You can find just about anything if you try hard enough. But we can't tell you where to look.

Papaver Somniferum (opium poppy) seeds in particular are used very widely. You could go buy some poppy seed bagels and plant them whole and potentially grow an opium poppy (I've gotten seeds cooked into bake goods to germinate before, just to see if it is possible). So in theory, you could turn a bagel into heroin, if you tried hard enough 😂

For sure, thanks for the info.I just wondered if it’s still a possible thing or if things have become more and more strict these days.

They're more expensive and not as easily available. Used to be ~$40-50USD for a pound of decent pods and there were a few sites that were always in stock.

I grow a small bed of poppies out on my back porch every year. Wait til the flowers drop off and the pods finish maturing and start to dry up a little, then I pull the whole plant up — it's a really bad look to slice the pods or just remove those, lol. Plus the poppy straw (stems, leaves) contains opium as well. I make tea out of the whole plant. Neighbors have not seemed to notice yet. I've done this for about 3 years. I live in an apartment complex. It probably helps that I grow lots of other flowers and fruits (mostly tomatoes) too so they don't stand out too much. Poppies are extremely easy to grow if you have a little bit of dirt and privacy. They require almost no upkeep.

If you mean seeds, of course. If you mean pods, yes. If you mean DIY opium, a Hmong-American was clipped in 2017 for growing a 1/4 hectare in his North Carolina neighbourhood. He had half a tonne of harvest ready pods & straw. Amazingly the Prosecutor opted not to prosecute in 2019.

In 2020 a Kansas man was caught with 2,000 plants. These are merely 2 examples.

If you mean seeds, of course. If you mean pods, yes. If you mean DIY opium, a Hmong-American was clipped in 2017 for growing a 1/4 hectare in his North Carolina neighbourhood. He had half a tonne of harvest ready pods & straw. Amazingly the Prosecutor opted not to prosecute in 2019.

In 2020 a Kansas man was caught with 2,000 plants. These are merely 2 examples.

Yeah that was this case:

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article152855019.html

All the news agencies reported this fairly small amount of poppies as being worth $500 million dollars. Actually, in the above article they say, "The state Department of Revenue estimated the value of the harvested plants in Catawba County at $559.5 million".

Which is absolutely insane. Because an acre of poppies might yield 15-20 pounds of opium (at the top end). Based on that $559 million dollar valuation, they're estimating that a pound of opium is worth $30 million dollars.

The real value might be $50,000 or so in the United States (and much less elsewhere). So their estimate of value was off by around 10,000 times. Fucking idiots.

Yes I ordered a lb of pods about two months ago and the nice mailman delivered them so yeah they still available,,,the last of them are on the stove now….

Put since I screwed up and started fuckin around with fent they don’t work on me like they use too….😔

Yeah that was this case:

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article152855019.html

All the news agencies reported this fairly small amount of poppies as being worth $500 million dollars. Actually, in the above article they say, "The state Department of Revenue estimated the value of the harvested plants in Catawba County at $559.5 million".

Which is absolutely insane. Because an acre of poppies might yield 15-20 pounds of opium (at the top end). Based on that $559 million dollar valuation, they're estimating that a pound of opium is worth $30 million dollars.

The real value might be $50,000 or so in the United States (and much less elsewhere). So their estimate of value was off by around 10,000 times. Fucking idiots.
They always overstate, as you know. It makes involved agencies look great. They rstionalise it based on the heroin that it could have provided.

I remember a case near you, in a national park no less. They are easy to grow if you camoflauge with corn or other tall vegetation and in fact, many producers in SE Asia do that just to get more money. The easiest way is to not use the popular varieties & instead rely upon non traditional varieties like Black Swan or Crimson Feathers, Noone would even recognise them until the petals dropped.

Last edited:
What's funny is that when I was growing poppies in my garage, I'm sure my nosy neighbors thought I was growing marijuana. Light was emanating from underneath my garage door at night and i was getting dirty looks from my neighbors.

But growing marijuana is legal in my state. Yet what i was actually growing in my garage (poppies) was illegal 😂.

But give how obscure it is, I can't imagine anyone thinking, "he's probably growing opium in there".

Had someone found out and out called the cops, I'm sure they would have made a big deal over it over a few plants. "$10 million dollar opium poppy growing operation found in man's garage".

I actually had a couple plants growing in my backyard at one point, which made me nervous because my next door neighbor is middle eastern and I was worried that out of anyone, he could recognize the plant.

What's funny is that when I was growing poppies in my garage, I'm sure my nosy neighbors thought I was growing marijuana. Light was emanating from underneath my garage door at night and i was getting dirty looks from my neighbors.

But growing marijuana is legal in my state. Yet what i was actually growing in my garage (poppies) was illegal 😂.

But give how obscure it is, I can't imagine anyone thinking, "he's probably growing opium in there".

Had someone found out and out called the cops, I'm sure they would have made a big deal over it over a few plants. "$10 million dollar opium poppy growing operation found in man's garage".

I actually had a couple plants growing in my backyard at one point, which made me nervous because my next door neighbor is middle eastern and I was worried that out of anyone, he could recognize the plant.
That is funny but all too real. If I lived in the US it would be deep in the bush. No Home Owner Associations nor nosey neighbours. I do not get why folks live in suburbia.

Legalisation is so crazy. Even Thailand has done it! Time was when I hated going there, with police able to make you pee in a cup & lock you up of you had a positive. Things chsnge, as they say.