• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos can the benzo feeling grow on you? or is it you either like it or dont?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
Hello, I'm someone who loves opiates. Currently, I'm using benzos to deal with the anxiety without them. I've played with Xanax and didn't really like the feeling. Just made me zone out and had a bad benzo hangover the next day the first time I took 1mg. I now have Ativan, and took 1mg and felt nothing. I'm wondering if I should climb up the dose ladder (2mg, etc) until I grow to like them. But I kind of wonder if its worth the effort of trying or if I shouldnt bother since I didnt care for the Xanax.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

maybe benzos arent for you, if you didnt like xanax, one of my favourite benzos i dont think youll like the others, but each benzo does have it own unique feel but they all feel like a benzo.

You had a hangover? what was it like? were you like groggy and brain foggy or something? idk i dont usually get hangovers from benzos so im just wondering.

also you can try other types, k-pins, valium, others but if youdont like xanax or ativan i doubt youll like the others, like i said maybe bnezos just arent for you?

they dont really give me any euphoria so dont expect euphoria, only maybe the first few times you use one if you dont have bad anxiety, the only thing that will grow on you is them working less and you being more relient on them, having rebound anxiety if you use em for a bit then stop and if you take em long enough actual addiction and withdrawal.

Last edited:
the benzo hangover was weird. it made me slightly nauseous and light headed. every time i moved my head the room wobbled a bit. i asked someone and they said it was the classic benzo hangover. im also relatively sure it was related to the benzo because when i took a higher than usual dose of the ativan, i had the same thing the next morning. i think ill probably have it again tomorrow, i just took the 2mg. feel kind of dumb wasting pills like this if it doesnt work, but nothing i can do now i guess. oh well, ill see if this works. thanks!

probably wont get much euphoria from that, but youll be real relaxed and anxiety free like i said alot of ppl dont get euphoria from benzos, the pleasure comes from being free from frears

you wont get much from ativan except relief from anxiety and the want to sleep if you take huge doses, ofc if you take a shit ton you might black out, have slurred speach, be acting funny, but ativan isnt that recreational imo, no where near as recreational as xanax, but ativan better for daily use if your using it to releive your anxiety symptoms its got a pretty long half life compared to xanax which is usually used for panic attacks or real severe anxiety that doesnt occur all the time.

If you thought your opiate addiction was bad keep fucking with benzos. If it's one or the other go back to the opiates(I'm being facetious). Some people as legaluser said don't like benzos and that's not a bad thing. Shit even if I have anxiety benzos don't help me with it they just make me tired and still anxious. I know some people need them for medical purposes but in my opinion they are the worst recreational drug there is. They are good for coming down off speed or coke but by themselves they give little to no euphoria. My buddy one time told me how much he loved them and all I can remember about him being high on benzos was going to his house and he was lying down in his bed with a little Debbie swiss roll in his mouth passed out drooling brown shit everywhere and all I could think of was Party on Garth! 2 months later he was so fucked up out of it he attacked his mother with a vacuum cleaner, what the fuck! he did some prison for that one,I mean beating your mother with a vacuum cleaner,that sounds like a party to me. Oh and the best was he called me onetime and kept calling me Mike(not my name) and got so pissed when I told him I wasn't Mike he walked to my house(didn't know my name but knew where I lived,go figure) threatened to kill me and my family then grabbed a seat on my porch and passed out(let the goodtimes roll). IDK maybe it's just me but I think it's a good thing you haven't hd a good experience with them.

Well I love benzo's,lol. Really I guese ya like them or ya don't...like other drugs. If you suffer from bad GAD then they will be a lifesaver(like they are for me...if I didn't take so much and then be out for 2-3 weks..I get off the strreet not a doctor so it can be a pain) but they calm me down and help my anxiety, and oddly give me energy when I take them, because when I'm anxious I have NO energy. And not condondoning the use of it but benzo munchies are the BEST,lol. Found your friend with food hanging outta his mouth, happened to me with a pop tart after a big dose of both xanax and klonopin with weed..best pop tarts ever, I ate 3 or 4 boxes, and put butter on each one.

Hey screaming_skull ever beat your mom with a vacuum cleaner? If so I got a chair you can sleep on ,on my porch, just remember to call me Mike!

Well, I never get violent at all, just relaxed and I feel like I can actually have a conversation with someone....bigger doses I'll just talk and talk, then eat a buncha twinkies and pass out...just make sure to give some twinkies when I sleep on your chair!!!

Edit: on a more serious not, if something causes you to beat someone maybe their dumbass should stay away from the substance...did he continue taking them when out of jail? If he is, well, he shouldn't be.

lol violent off benzos? thats crazy, i get way to lovy off benzos not a violent person so im not worried about doing something stupid if i take a shit load, but i dont take a shit load of benzos, just a small dose of benzos and a few beers and i got a strong buzz going you know haha.

I've loved the feelings/high of benzos since day one....Naturally being anxious in my later years. Please don't get hooked..I was between 2011 to 2014,,,and just could never fully stay away but for about ayear. Just recently found a reliable etizolam vendor...so I'm scared the cycle may be re-starting. if like me eventually everything in your life will be about obtaining, having the money, if supply will be in...it's a viscous circle, but everyone must find there OWN way

GL too u%)

Well considering benzos are strongly addictive I wouldn't continue to use them in order to achieve a pleasurable high.

Certain people love them others simply don't, thats how it goes.

Yeah, benzos tend to have deminishing returns with repeated use, not increased effects.
If you're getting nothing from them now, i'd say it is unlikely you will in the future.

And from experience, i can tell you that trying to use benzos to fill the hole that your opiate addiction used to satisfy is playing with fire - i fell into that same pattern of use, and coming off benzos is so much more dangerous and complicated than opiates.

OP, it can take months to feel ok again after quitting opiates, but with time and patience you will get there - but you're at a crucial point where replacing one habit with another is a risk not worth taking - especially if it's benzodiazepines. Addictive habits are hard to break and easy to cave in to, but you can do it. Getting too consumed in benzo use will fuck you right up, so its probably best to see this as an experiment that didnt work.
My 2 cents.

it does nothing but the opposite of growing on you.... benzos aint recreational drugs IMO theyre tools not toys, anyone abusing them trying to get "euphoria" or more realistically, retrograde amnesia, they're probably chasing a high that isn't so available anymore, like methaquaalone, secobarbital etc, when benzos replaced barbiturates for most uses im pretty sure a lot of people sought the effects they originally got from like Seconal. But you're not going to find anything cool or reasons worth using benzos recreationally. it's a one stop highway to hell.

probably wont get much euphoria from that, but youll be real relaxed and anxiety free like i said alot of ppl dont get euphoria from benzos, the pleasure comes from being free from frears

you wont get much from ativan except relief from anxiety and the want to sleep if you take huge doses, ofc if you take a shit ton you might black out, have slurred speach, be acting funny, but ativan isnt that recreational imo, no where near as recreational as xanax, but ativan better for daily use if your using it to releive your anxiety symptoms its got a pretty long half life compared to xanax which is usually used for panic attacks or real severe anxiety that doesnt occur all the time.
Lorazepam does not have a long half life.