• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Can love conquer all?

See, that's what they think to. I just feel like it stops conversations and terminates communication when people feel their instinct is to suggest DOOM DOOM and DAMNATION!

Was listening to C. Hitchens on YT earlier ( early noughties), this may not be the right place for it but he and his debate opponent brought up the empathy thing, obviously in the context of religion but still interesting.

If she's equating god to love then "without love we'd all be in trouble" is what she's saying. I don't know if that's true or false because being single isn't too terrible.

Let's try to keep preachy religious shit out of a philosophical love thread just for the sake of... keeping the subject pure. Unless you want to define god as love and then we're just at this point using synonyms.
I understand your point. Well said.

So let's talk about our topic: does love conquer all? I say yes, because it has happened to me in my life. People's love for me saved me from a life of addiction & dumpster diving.

So what things does love conquer? Hate, resentments, etc.? Fear? Yes Love DOES conquer these things.

For some of us, it's very hard to talk about love without adding a spiritual component to it.

Thanks for the knock, but I'm not going to be lukewarm like "Oh yeah, it's perfectly fine to worship a demon. It's all love!" No. Souls are at stake and people can leave this place any minute. What I said needed to be said. So anyway...

Love can't conquer all because there will be people/businessmen/presidents that will allow a group of lobbyist to subvert American talking points and social norms of the host nation .
Love can only be used to improve ones personal romance behind the scenes.
I love military history I have romantic views on past wars . But my love for this history only exist in my domain. It can be subverted by outside 3rd parties . The subversion tactics are used to sway my love in a direction towards making me look like a "mad man" or "evil dictator".
This will result in my love of military history as being viewed as a negative thing .

I can only ponder that love can change the masses but I know all to well that love is meaningless if the people around you have been subjected to propaganda and hyper informative opinions spewed by the mainstream media . Even if love and joy alone are the simple objectives in one's mind, the mainstream media will remind you of the new wars America must fight for the few elite lobbyist who run both political parties.

Yes love in Ukraine , love in Spain , love in Egypt , love in Spain , love in Asia , love in Austria , love in Belarus ect ect... Can exist in these countries that are not making profit off wars can truly exist and form a warm hearted band of brotherhood between the people's and can make the bond of love and joy become a recreational kinship of overwhelming euphoric feelings all the masses will share through peace .

Love has simply become a corrupt entity in the western world's political systems.
Thus you are stuck with a certain few small number of people who will dictate "when you are allowed to love or "who you are allowed to love". Example in America you are not allowed to love " Iran" because the lobbyist in America have full war propaganda on the nation of Iran to fit their foreign policies to make their handlers happy over seas so more money can go in the pockets of these corrupt gangster like politicians.
In America you are allowed to love the people the media tells you "who are the good guys" but God forbid you dare share you're peace and love to those deemed evil , you will be outlasted and you're love will be tainted with confusion thus you're choice or independence Will be ruined by outside sources.

If you wish to truly love you must first know who are the true evil people of this planet and must not conform to any propagandist media talking heads or political speakers who act like politicians during the day but are subversive gangsters during the night.

I will try my hardest to follow the path of true love , I will try my hardest to accept those who are depicted as evil.
Thus I will truly be involved in love !.

If you have problems accepting true love or finding true romance message me.

"Those who find a special someone to love , will find life to be euphoric. We must all thrive to forfill our personal goals in finding a special someone to hold and kiss"

Wow! @Isnortice91 That was a very thought provoking post. Well done! That last quote is true. Love is euphoric; I do try to follow a path of empathy & compassion for others, but I often fail. My purpose in life is to help others - this purpose helps me see every day how Love conquers many things in people's lives.

More information about the deception of the Church of Satan

First off, i do not believe any of that at all.

You can find information to prove what you want just about anywhere on the internet but that does not make it true.

Anton Lavey most definitely did not believe in a real satan, and even more so he did not believe in heaven or hell.

And lets play devil's advocate and take it a step further;

Let's just pretend he did believe in Satan and heaven and hell and all that and believed his way of thinking was the best way and did try to get people to follow him rather than being christians BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED HE WAS RIGHT.

HOW WOULD THAT BE ''DECEPTION'' IF HE BELIEVED HE WAS RIGHT?

Do you even recognize the MASSIVE amount of deception that has been practiced by christians and other organized religions?

What about all the priests who have used God's good name to take advantage of little kids and be pedophiles?

Are you aware THAT FAR FAR MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE NAME OF CHRIST AND CHRISTIANITY THEN EVERY FORM OF SATANISM THAT HAS EVER EXISTED?

It's not even a contest.

I view Satanism in all it's different forms as just another religion.

You wouldn't bat an eye-lash at someone knocking on your front door and telling you to join the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints and that it's the only path to heaven because you probably believe its' true, BUT TO ME THAT IS UTTER DECEPTION AND I TAKE OFFENSE TO IT.

Believe whatever you want but DON'T ASK ME TO BELIEVE IT.

Christians and other religions practice deception all the time just like political parties do to gain followers to their cause, and IF Lavey did do it, which i am not sure he did, it in my mind makes him no different than any of them.

I personally feel that anyone trying to tell me that I need to follow Jesus or Mohammed or anyone else is selling deception to me, and it bothers me.

If Lavey did that, then i would honestly say it would bother me just a bit too because no one should preach to know the answers to such deep questions as what happens after death etc, but in the end, any choice to follow any religion IS MADE BY THE PERSON THEMSELVES.

If you can trick me to follow your belief system, without thinking you are tricking me at all because you believe it is true, THEN THE BLAME IS ON ME FOR BEING NAIVE.

Likewise, if anyone chooses to follow anyone else's spiritual teachings, their own ''deception'' is on them.

Only a fool can be deceived, so I'd say question everything you are told and dont' take anything at face value, and if you end up believing that someone has all the spiritual answers and following them and something bad happens, too bad cause its' your fault cause no one forced you to do anything.

I guess for me it's all silly cause i don't believe in a god or a heaven or hell, so any ''deception'' surrounding such things would only frustrate me in terms of wasting my time.

I'd see it as akin to ''deceiving me'' into believing i am eating real beef when actually i am eating soy meat lol.

Last edited:
It's a choice. Simple. I see the dumb dumbs are out in full effect.

And so is the choice to be a satanist, of which there are many many varieties, or be a buddhist, muslim, hindu, etc.

I would like to ask you an honest question;

First though, you have to play ''devil's advocate''--pun intended haha, and pretend for a second you DON'T believe Jesus is the son of God.

So, lets pretend you don't believe in god or the devil, you are sort of agnostic, not sure what exists or what doesn't, and then one day someone comes to your door telling you that if you don't follow Jesus Christ you are going to hell and will burn for eternity and the only way to reach heaven is to follow him.

The next day a satanist knocks on your door and says that the only way to true gratification is to follow satan and that christians are lying to you about Jesus.

And the next day a Muslim knocks on your door and tells you that those who say jesus and satan are the path are lying to you and the only way to heaven is through Mohammed and you will burn in hell if you don't follow him.

After talking to all three people, you are left wondering which one is right, and you can't decide.

What about the satanist, or even the Muslim, would leave you believing that the things they are telling you are so VERY VERY WRONG AND IMMORAL, seeing as you, as this different sort of person, have never even heard of Jesus Christ, Satan or Mohammed ?

Would you not perceive all 3 of these people as having their own agendas and trying to get, or even DECEIVE you into believing something that might or might not be true?

And then in the end, if you read the Koran, The Bible and The Satanic Bible, WHILE BEING COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF ALL OF THEM AHEAD OF TIME, and doing it on your own without the influences of others, what in the end would make you so sure that any of them are necessarily more or less correct than the other?

Last edited:
It is love to let people know they are being deceived, but whatev.

But...and I mean this in the nicest possible way, you are a human being who is no less or more capable of knowing what the truth is than anyone else, so just because you believe someone is being deceived and tell them it is so does not make it so.

I believe you mean well, and anyone who wants to help others from being deceived is of the right state of mind, but this is why i choose to be agnostic, because i believe it is 100 percent impossible to ever know if there is or isn't a god, a heaven, a hell, spirits, etc or any of that.

Even atheists have it wrong because they think they can be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT sure there's no god, but frankly, i don't see how anyone can be sure of any of this, and that goes for satan also, who i do not believe in, or at least basically i'll grant about a 2 percent chance he exists, which is the same chance i grant that god, heaven, hell or human souls exist, cause i can never know for sure.

Hell, i'm not even sure if there's life after death if EVEN THEN we'd know by that point.

Maybe we'd be reincarnated and forget everything or travel to another realm and still never know.

You seem like a nice person who has very strong beliefs, and that's great, but it's not fair or right to push them on others.

The way you speak about ''deception'' when it comes to religion or satanism is as if you were witnessing someone trying to pass off counter fit dollar bills to a cashier in place of real ones where an actual empirical test can be done to prove that the bills are actually fake.

But no such test exists for whether or not anyone is or isn't being decieved about god, satan, heaven or hell.

So you are trying to tell people you love them by letting them know they are being deceived, but as a human, you know no better than the rest of us.

And if you pull out the bible and quote that to say that that is how you know better, you must recognize that the bible too was written by human beings who knew no better than the rest of us.

Even despite Jesus having been very wise and in my opinion an admirable MAN, i don't believe he's the son of god, nor do i believe he knew more about whether or not a god existed than anyone else, and nor do I think there is any reason to believe that The Bible speaks more truth than The Koran or the Tao De Ching or any of the numerous other holy books written by holy men.

None of us knows who is or is not being deceived when it comes to this stuff, so instead of it being ''love'' to try to tell people you THINK they are being deceived, it is better to realize that for some of us this kind of talk is actually VERY offensive.

If someone came to my front door and tried to tell me the things that you are telling me i'd be very annoyed, and if they followed me around continuing to say them I would eventually get REALLY pissed, and that is NOT ''love'' that they are expressing, even if they think so.

This is what has been done to people for centuries, not just with christianity but with all religions.

It is not ''love'' to follow people around insisting that they believe that you know the truth about spiritual matters and that everything they believe is wrong.

That is not what ''love'' is.

Last edited:
And if people die today worshipping Satan, I guess all is well right? Ok. Point taken.

But C2C, what about all the people who DO die in the name christ and have over the centuries?

What about all the holy wars where people were forced to convert to christianity or be killed?

And what about the Islamic extremists who do the same thing?

FAR FAR more people have been unjustly murdered in the name of Christianity and other major religions than in the name of satanism, and again, there's many types of satanism.

It would be like comparing the number of people who die yearly from water poisoning to the number of people who die yearly from car crashes; there would be no comparison at all.

Any and all religious systems are inherently dangerous.

That's why i subscribe to none of them, and that includes satanism, or even atheism.

Thanks for the knock, but I'm not going to be lukewarm like "Oh yeah, it's perfectly fine to worship a demon. It's all love!" No. Souls are at stake and people can leave this place any minute. What I said needed to be said. So anyway...

YOU THINK souls are at stake.

You have no way to know for sure, and no one does.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to get into a debate with you cause I respect your beliefs and your right to have them, but the one thing i can't accept is people trying to push their beliefs, ANY BELIEFS AT ALL, on others.

Its like drugs; I believe all drugs should be legal because everyone should have the right to choose what they put in their own bodies, but no one else should be able to force anyone else to take a drug, and that is a horrible thing to do.

No matter how much anyone believes that what they think is right, it is in my opinion morally wrong to preach to others that they have to think the same way otherwise something horrible is going to happen to them.

To be honest, I bet Jesus Christ himself would say the same thing, and I bet if Jesus were alive today he'd say that about 95 percent of his followers have the majority of his beliefs all wrong.

First off, i do not believe any of that at all.

You can find information to prove what you want just about anywhere on the internet but that does not make it true.

Anton Lavey most definitely did not believe in a real satan, and even more so he did not believe in heaven or hell.

And lets play devil's advocate and take it a step further;

Let's just pretend he did believe in Satan and heaven and hell and all that and believed his way of thinking was the best way and did try to get people to follow him rather than being christians BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED HE WAS RIGHT.

HOW WOULD THAT BE ''DECEPTION'' IF HE BELIEVED HE WAS RIGHT?

Do you even recognize the MASSIVE amount of deception that has been practiced by christians and other organized religions?

What about all the priests who have used God's good name to take advantage of little kids and be pedophiles?

Are you aware THAT FAR FAR MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE NAME OF CHRIST AND CHRISTIANITY THEN EVERY FORM OF SATANISM THAT HAS EVER EXISTED?

It's not even a contest.

I view Satanism in all it's different forms as just another religion.

You wouldn't bat an eye-lash at someone knocking on your front door and telling you to join the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints and that it's the only path to heaven because you probably believe its' true, BUT TO ME THAT IS UTTER DECEPTION AND I TAKE OFFENSE TO IT.

Believe whatever you want but DON'T ASK ME TO BELIEVE IT.

Christians and other religions practice deception all the time just like political parties do to gain followers to their cause, and IF Lavey did do it, which i am not sure he did, it in my mind makes him no different than any of them.

I personally feel that anyone trying to tell me that I need to follow Jesus or Mohammed or anyone else is selling deception to me, and it bothers me.

If Lavey did that, then i would honestly say it would bother me just a bit too because no one should preach to know the answers to such deep questions as what happens after death etc, but in the end, any choice to follow any religion IS MADE BY THE PERSON THEMSELVES.

If you can trick me to follow your belief system, without thinking you are tricking me at all because you believe it is true, THEN THE BLAME IS ON ME FOR BEING NAIVE.

Likewise, if anyone chooses to follow anyone else's spiritual teachings, their own ''deception'' is on them.

Only a fool can be deceived, so I'd say question everything you are told and dont' take anything at face value, and if you end up believing that someone has all the spiritual answers and following them and something bad happens, too bad cause its' your fault cause no one forced you to do anything.

I guess for me it's all silly cause i don't believe in a god or a heaven or hell, so any ''deception'' surrounding such things would only frustrate me in terms of wasting my time.

I'd see it as akin to ''deceiving me'' into believing i am eating real beef when actually i am eating soy meat lol.

QFT!

I also wanna add that in the Satanic Bible it specifically states to not offer unsolicited opinions or advice:

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Quoted from "The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth"

What's funny about LaVeyan Satanism is it was basically created to piss off Christians by taking the boogieman from the Bible and using it as a metaphor for common sense, and it fucking worked brilliantly.

LaVey also sought to bring attention to how hypocritical Christians are:

On Saturday night, I would see men lusting after half-naked girls dancing at the carnival, and on Sunday morning when I was playing organ for tent-show evangelists at the other end of the carnival lot, I would see these same men sitting in the pews with their wives and children, asking God to forgive them and purge them of carnal desires. And the next Saturday they'd be back at the carnival or some other place of indulgence. I knew then that the Christian church thrives on hypocrisy, and that man's carnal nature will out no matter how much it is purged or scoured by any white-light religion.

The actual content of the religion itself is basically rational self-interest. I get the feeling Anton LaVey was quite a fan of Friedrich Nietzsche as their philosophies are very very similar.

I honestly agree with most of what's written by Anton LaVey except the part about not doing drugs haha. Nietzsche as it happens wrote that he prefers opium to alcohol and called alcohol a "poison" often.

Only a fool can be deceived
This is interesting, because one of the last paths on the Kabballah is the path of the fool, reaching for higher knowledge on the uppermost sphere.

I knew a woman who was batshit crazy and could probably pass a lie detector on anything she said. Definitely been deceived by people like that before, myself, and it makes you feel really gross inside.

I think love is more conceptual than it appears. In other words, I'm a pessimist. ;) There is the goddess of love. I think with humans, it's complex though. Humans don't really love. They use their minds to experience different feelings, but i fail to see how this transcends emotions. Well, that's what i think anyway. Everyone has their own take on it
-G

I really like you as a person, but in all honesty I am offended by this statement. You are essentially telling us that any other form of love besides your own is false and worthy of punishment. What you call "devil worship" is essentially just humanism, and I'd rather believe in myself as a human than a deity high above me that would punish me for not loving it. That is not love, it is psychopathy and genocide. I only reference "demons" in my belief system as concepts and traits that I wish to embody.

I don't see why you cannot afford the benefit of the doubt to other's form of love the way we're doing for you. As Daniel Sloss said, "just because we believe different things happen to us after we die, doesn't mean that we can't be kind to each other while we live".

Intelligence conquers all, which can be viewed in a way as love, as the more intelligent you become, the more loving your heart will be.