Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Can Jungle Spice go off?

ElBloggy

Greenlighter
Hi guys

I’ve had some jungle spice for over a year now (13 months) and smoked it twice with great success. I’m getting the feeling for a little visit soon, and was wondering can jungle spice become spoilt; meaning does it have a use by date?

It looks and smells fine, but just thinking does it lose potency over time and much like other herbs perhaps get mouldy? If so, any advice on how to make it good again?

Thanks guys

Hi guys

I’ve had some jungle spice for over a year now (13 months) and smoked it twice with great success. I’m getting the feeling for a little visit soon, and was wondering can jungle spice become spoilt; meaning does it have a use by date?

It looks and smells fine, but just thinking does it lose potency over time and much like other herbs perhaps get mouldy? If so, any advice on how to make it good again?

Thanks guys
Do you mean a mix of smokable herbs and Synthetic cannabinoids?

He means dmt but in the form of what would some called changa.

Good question. I dont think the dmt will break down but i dont know about any of the other chemicals that is contained in the changa.

That the one that they take and blow it down a tube to get that s*** up in your sinal cavities

Jungle spice refers to a product that is pulled after the DMT has been supposedly exhausted via naptha. Often pulled with xylene or toluene. I’ve tried Jungle from Mimosa, Chali, and Acacia. It varies in appearance from a orange wax to a blood red oil.

It’s essentially DMT with plant impurities and other possible alkaloids that change up the experience. It’s different from typically extracted DMT, I’ve heard some crazy experiences off it.

As far as I’ve seen it holds up the same as DMT, you may see a change in the look of the product but it will still be potently psychoactive.

-GC

Yeah when i done pulls it got like that towards the end and ended up with what i would call changa or you call jungle spice I found it to be somewhat more intense aswell.. more physical..

Didnt find it went off but it did go darker and a bit sludgey on some of it. Threw the sludgey stuff out tbh in end though it definitely still worked.

Changa and jungle spice are different things... jungle spice is as described, a red DMT that possibly/probably contains other alkaloids and definitely plant impurities. Changa is DMT blended with an MAOI and generally infused into herbs. The MAOI changes the effect dramatically by lengthening it substantially and slowing it down. It isn't produced simply by later pulls or using a different solvent, but rather by mixing extracted DMT with extracted harmala alkaloids.

can you mix dmt (I have 5meo but it should be the same either way ) with coffee and other teas or herbs that have a natural maoi and be able to eat the dmt

N,N-DMT can oxidize over time, becoming DMT N-oxide. It's also believed to be psychoactive.

FWIW, I submitted some six year old jungle spice for analysis and iirc the lab said that it was only 3% DMT and maybe 1% NMT. Unless it decomposed rapidly in the preceding six months, then it was decidedly still active.

But to answer your question, no you're not going to get sick from it or anything. You do want fu store it correctly to maintain its potency, though

N,N-DMT can oxidize over time, becoming DMT N-oxide. It's also believed to be psychoactive.

FWIW, I submitted some six year old jungle spice for analysis and iirc the lab said that it was only 3% DMT and maybe 1% NMT. Unless it decomposed rapidly in the preceding six months, then it was decidedly still active.

But to answer your question, no you're not going to get sick from it or anything. You do want fu store it correctly to maintain its potency, though

Interesting! Stored at RT? Bag or vial? Did you use it anywhere close to the time you sent it off? Really wondering if it degraded or just full of other alkaloids.

Also would the oxide show as DMT on analysis or not? Wonder if it all just turned to the oxide. I believe much of the DMT content of Jungle is oxide straight out the gate too.

-GC

<0°C

Nested vials, occasionally in argon atmosphere

No

Me too. I'm still kind of bent out of shape that they only listed two minor products. It just doesn't make sense.

From quick reading it seems the oxide would show as DMT on GC/MS..

Now that I know you’ve stored it in optimal conditions I’m curious to hear if you ever sampled it even when you first got it?

I have Jungle laid on to parsley leaf at a 50/50 ratio. They’ve been stored at freezer temps with periodic storage at RT. For 5yrs.. I unfortunately never tried it at birth but should smoke some to see if it lost any obvious potency.

-GC

Oh yeah, it was plenty potent when I used it, both orally and vaped. I just lost interest in it vaped and am super deliberate about when I want to venture Into pharmahuasca territory. I'm overdue.

I have heard that it keeps much better as enhanced leaf than crystal, but who knows.

While I am not a member there I remember some years back at the Nexus all the posts on DMT and DMT oxide and all the speculation about it. The strange thing is most said there was no difference. And now no one really talks of oxidized DMT. I can say had some over 8 years old that was still white/yellow and was as potent as if it was new.

Jungle spice being a little different. But I bet it keeps too. I would imagine if a substance is going ot break down it has to break down into something by some mechanism. (I think). DMT oxide seemed logical yet the notion has not been talked about as recently like it was 10 years ago.