• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can It Burn When Injecting Meth And Not Miss?

NaparoniAndZzs

Greenlighter
Just did a shot and it burned a little bit and automatically the area on my arm began to kinda get red and blotchy like it normally would whenever you miss a shot of crystal. I'm just wondering if it was a miss tho because I definitely feel it and even got a tad bit of a rush and back of the throat chill from it, (honestly wasn't even expecting that much from it because I just finished off the last bit of the bag and having a bit of a tolerance to the shit I wasn't expecting to get much of a rush from that amount I did anyways. Has this happened to any of you guys?

Yeah definitely. It all depends on the veins used and how damaged they are. Veins that are close to collapse or really small, I’ve def had that experience with.

Just did a shot and it burned a little bit and automatically the area on my arm began to kinda get red and blotchy like it normally would whenever you miss a shot of crystal. I'm just wondering if it was a miss tho because I definitely feel it and even got a tad bit of a rush and back of the throat chill from it, (honestly wasn't even expecting that much from it because I just finished off the last bit of the bag and having a bit of a tolerance to the shit I wasn't expecting to get much of a rush from that amount I did anyways. Has this happened to any of you guys?
Yep, it happens to many. I have a few ideas about why this is happening to you. The poster above touched on collapsed veins. If you happen to slip out of the vein, or go through the vein at the very end of a shot, even just a little bit of a miss will burn like hell.

Even when I don't miss a shot of meth, I get a very uncomfortable itchy feeling running thru my arm as I untie my belt.i have hit veins and still felt slight burn

Lots of drugs burn when injected .. why they often use a numbing agent before injecting many drugs used for medical sedation.

Poor quality cut might also be collecting in the crumbs at the bottom. You could always acetone wash it if you're worried. Won't get a lot of the baddies .. but it will get the organic compounds you probably don't want to be injecting. You can test for stable salts that might burn by leaving a bit of solution on your skin for a while. In my (not very extensive experience) very high quality meth doesn't burn.

Somehow that all sounds a bit like the nuns guide to being a needle freak, but this is an HR place and if you aren't high enough not to be worried ... it's some things to try.