• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I take shrooms with amitriptyline?

ahint

Bluelighter
Hi, apologies if I’ve missed something really obvious, I’ve tried to search for the answer both here and on google and I can’t find it. 🤦‍♀️

I’d like to resume my twice yearly shrooms trips, and microdosing. I’m on 40mg of amitriptyline a day for pain (under medical supervision I’m trying to slowly taper to either come off of it, or find a minimum effective dose).

Can I take the shrooms with the amitriptyline, please…? And if I’ve missed a super obvious resource, please let me know because I would love to use it for future questions like this that pop up!

It isn't dangerous afaik but the amitriptyline will blunt if not block the effects from shrooms because it is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor which causes downregulation of many serotonin receptors including the relevant 5ht2a. When I was on venlafaxine, I couldn't trip at all, just hot some side effects like nausea from psilocybin but I think as your dose of amitrip is fairly low (?) it might work nevertheless.

This explains a lot!!!! Thanks for answering this, I had no idea why some of the time my shroom trips were barely noticeable and sometimes much much more noticeable!!!

Thank-you! So it sounds like it wouldn't be harmful, but there might not be much point in taking the shrooms whilst I'm on the amitriptyline.