• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can I take Percocet and Leaxpro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendanw7

Greenlighter
Hi all, long time lurker, but just made an account to post this. I am currently taking 5mg per day of lexapro. Would it be safe (and if not, why?) to take 20mg of percocet?
I am mainly worried about the risk of serotonin syndrome. I've read some threads on this already, but wanted to make my own post as well.
I took 10 mg the other day to test the waters (I know, dumb) and didnt notice any effects of SS.
Thanks.

EDIT: Also I forgot to add I have also tried hydrocodone (15 mg) on lexapro and was fine, but I know its not the same. Just wanted to add anyway.

No problem! You're generally safe with opiates with the exceptions of tramadol and demerol (tramadol is an snri, don't know about demerol but it is linked with SS), there may be some more but I'm not sure. Hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, codeine, hydromorphone and oxymorphone, just to give a few common examples, don't really affect serotonin and can be taken safely with SSRIs.

Edit: some opioids are metabolized by the same enzymes as some SSRIs, which could weaken the effectiveness of the opioid.
Check out this thread, it's a good general reference: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/108959-Antidepressants-and-Recreational-Drugs-(long!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. This is why i love this site. Downed those percs 2 hours ago and feel great.

Thanks for the info. This is why i love this site. Downed those percs 2 hours ago and feel great.

It seems that your question has been answered and you're satisfied with it. I concur, there shouldn't be any dangerous interaction that could occur from combining the two. As such I'm going to close the thread. If you want it to remain open I can do that but I'll be moving it to BDD. PM me if you want me to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.