View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can I take LSD 16 hours after tramadol?

nowhereman8276

Greenlighter
Today at 2 pm I took 300 mg tramadol and redosed with 100 mg at 2:30 pm. So I ingested 400 mg in total, and recieved no effects besides pain relief due to my opiate tolerance (my pupils did not even constrict). The half life of tramadol is a little under 7 hours, so technically in 14 hours all effects of the drug should be gone. I plan to get a full night sleep and wake up at 6:30 am (16+ hours later) or so and drop and go back to sleep and let the LSD wake me up. Will I be okay? I dont want to risk seratonin syndrome or dull my trip. That time period is my only opportunity with a good setting to trip for the forseable future, so that is why I ask.

I've never heard of serotonin syndrome being a risk when combining opiates and psychedelics. MDMA is another story, but LSD doesn't flood the brain with extra serotonin - it just activates the same receptors that serotonin does. I've taken hydrocodone along with a variety of psychedelics (4-aco-dmt, n,n-DMT, LSD, various 2Cs), and I quite enjoy the combo. I know tramadol is a rather atypical opioid and has some additional health concerns (e.g., it can cause seizures at excessive doses), but I'm not aware of anything that would be cause for concern here. I would be wary of combining tramadol with other drugs at the same time, just because tramadol kinda scares me, but 16 hours should be more than enough time to avoid any issues. And again, I'm not aware of any specific issues with this combo in the first place - I just don't trust tramadol in general :p

Serotonin Syndrome still happened to Shambles with this combination, and 16 hours is not*that* long - its 2 half-lives of tramadol. I would wait longer if I were you, its about whether you are willing to risk it - even if the risk is lower than with simultaneous ingestion or with serotonin releasers.

And it is not that tramadol is an opioid but rather that it's an SRI soli.

I would not do this. The effects of tramadol exceeds 16 hours. I've suffered grand mal seizures combining it with gabapentin and benzos before. I took too much of course but if you can get seizures combining it with GABAergics then I would not recommend combining it with LSD.

Tramadol and LSD both have a tendancy to cause tremors for me. Combining both could make the shakyness/jitter uncomfortable.

Serotonin Syndrome still happened to Shambles with this combination, and 16 hours is not*that* long - its 2 half-lives of tramadol. I would wait longer if I were you, its about whether you are willing to risk it - even if the risk is lower than with simultaneous ingestion or with serotonin releasers.

And it is not that tramadol is an opioid but rather that it's an SRI soli.
What has LSD got to do with serotonin syndrome?