• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can I substitute etizolam for some of my prescribed klonopin doses for anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannabliss88

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I've been on 3 mg clonazepam (klonopin) daily for a couple years. 1mg klonopin 3 x day or I get bad anxiety.

I just tried Etizolam for the first time today and found it less drowsy but more anxiolytic than clonazepam.

I keep running out of my klonopin early so my initial plan was to save the etiz for panic inducing situations.

It worked so well I'm thinking about using the etiz to replace at least one of my daily klonopin doses but I'm worried about possible issues while making the transition.

Do you think it would be ok to take less klonopin and add some etizolam instead or would I be better off continuing the klonopin as prescribed and using the etiz for panic/high anxiety situations?

I took the etiz 6 hours ago and its just wearing off now so I'm gonna either take more or take my klonopin.

Last edited:
It should be fine.

Thanks for your input. I am still conflicted, however, partly because I read in another thread that the pills from indian pharmacies vary in strength. (mine are Etilaam-1)

If I go down from 3 mg klonopin to 2 it might be hard to find an equipotent dose of the etiz if these pills from Indian pharmacies are infact of inferior quality to US pharms.

I'm aslo worried that, given clonazepams long half life, subbing out a kpin for an etiz might mess with keeping a steady blood level of benzos.

Sorry if I'm answering my own question...I'm still open to input but perhaps instead of using etiz to stock up on kpins I should just stock up on Etiz for those times when my kpin script runs out too soon?

I have a solid benzodiazepine tolerance. I've used Ativan to Triazolam (good stuff). Unless you haven't been taking benzos very long or are inexperienced, this should be pretty simple.

Have you used etizolam before?

What's your tolerance and how long have you used benzodiazepines?

I'm closing this thread. If person comes back and wants to continue, this can be reopened. Closed.

If this person comes back and wants more information, this thread can be re opened. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.